:facemelt: indeed, been looking forward to that for a while. Now to attempt getting Simon Neil toan again...

Boss Metal Zone. Done.

When I last saw them (far too long ago!) I remember thinking how massive his guitar tone was... never thought it would be something like this!

I've got a 1959 and a strat in drop C... need to resist getting a MT-2, as I'll never use it for anything else!

I think the strat has the wrong pickups though. They're much higher output than the texas specials I'm sure.

Boss Metal Zone. Done.

When I last saw them (far too long ago!) I remember thinking how massive his guitar tone was... never thought it would be something like this!

I've got a 1959 and a strat in drop C... need to resist getting a MT-2, as I'll never use it for anything else!

I think the strat has the wrong pickups though. They're much higher output than the texas specials I'm sure.

We know you'll cave eventually :chuckle: If you've still got a certain octave pedal, the distortion circuit in that might be close-ish. More likely that it's similar to a DS-1 though.

I've got the wrong pickups as well... mine's an HSS.

I too am getting kind of bored of the Trilogy Suites neck I have in the Cort, since I don't really use the neck position anyway, maybe I should just save up for the sustainiac :$:$:$

You might as well, I'm tempted to do the same but I just don't know if I'll use it enough, except for muse stuff.

We know you'll cave eventually :chuckle: If you've still got a certain octave pedal, the distortion circuit in that might be close-ish. More likely that it's similar to a DS-1 though.

I've got the wrong pickups as well... mine's an HSS.

Yeah true!

and nah, just the OC-2 now (which can be yours for $55 including postage!)

Mine is SSS, but they're really high output, and don't really sound like single coils. Way too much lower midrange.

Yeah true!

Mine is SSS, but they're really high output, and don't really sound like single coils. Way too much lower midrange.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm afraid I'll have to decline. No board can hold that amount of coal.

To sort that midrange problem you know what you need...

[spoiler=SOLUTION]mt-2_top_gal.jpg

Yeah true!

Lower mids are easy to dial out on the Metal Zone. I think the EQ might be before gain, too much bass causes it to clip more anyway, might not have the headroom after though!

They go cheap as balls second hand, so worth a go, just don't put the mid freq above 12'o'clock and don't push any of the other controls far from that and its not the worst thing in the world. The issue is getting rid of the Boss transistoryness.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm afraid I'll have to decline. No board can hold that amount of coal.

To sort that midrange problem you know what you need...

[spoiler=SOLUTION]mt-2_top_gal.jpg

:LOL: Good point. Will my midrange now go to -11?

Also, just as I logged in this morning, the thread title seemed less cheeky than usual.

Edit:

I thought I fixed it, but now the board seems to hate emojis. Time for a new title I guess.

Lower mids are easy to dial out on the Metal Zone. I think the EQ might be before gain, too much bass causes it to clip more anyway, might not have the headroom after though!

They go cheap as balls second hand, so worth a go, just don't put the mid freq above 12'o'clock and don't push any of the other controls far from that and its not the worst thing in the world. The issue is getting rid of the Boss transistoryness.

I see what you mean. Have you got one then? I haven't tried one in years, but I'm sure it was with humbuckers rather than single coils

and yeah, saw one for $30 shipped, so it's probably worth trying.

The new strat is probably for Aftermath, I think ?

EDIT : https://www.leboncoin.fr/instruments_de_musique/947964955.htm?ca=17_s damn

Damn. :stunned: The middle cabinet looks like a standard 1960A that's been recovered though. It doesn't have the orange crunch badge in the corner.

And not sure. I thought it was a backup in case he broke a string or something during the globalist.

He has duplicates of everything else, why not get a second strat made?

Yes it makes sense, but I can't see him playing Aftermath on a non-strat guitar , but hey, I felt the same with Animals :LOL:

Is there a real difference between the standard model and the orange crunch edition ?

Have they played it live yet? I haven't paid attention for a while.

And nope not at all. Just the orange covering.

So what songs does Matt have to use the Strats for specifically and why?

At the moment just the Globalist because of the slide parts. Used it for The Groove, Agitated and Hyper Music on the Psycho Tour as well though and I'm assuming that just because all of the songs have a little bit of a bluesy base to them.

Have they played it live yet? I haven't paid attention for a while.

nope thankfully

I see what you mean. Have you got one then? I haven't tried one in years, but I'm sure it was with humbuckers rather than single coils

and yeah, saw one for $30 shipped, so it's probably worth trying.

Had one for a bit, I think I ended up selling it for more than I paid for it! :LOL:

Didn't he use the strat for Knights as well for one of the Psycho tour gigs? Can't remember which one, but I'm sure he did.

EDIT: liking the thread's new title.

Yeah he might have, especially if there were issues with the copper FRX.

And I'm not 100% satisfied with it. Hold on. :nerd:

At the moment just the Globalist because of the slide parts. Used it for The Groove, Agitated and Hyper Music on the Psycho Tour as well though and I'm assuming that just because all of the songs have a little bit of a bluesy base to them.

yeah that

Had one for a bit, I think I ended up selling it for more than I paid for it! :LOL:

Just bought one for $30.

I'm curious about how Simon Niel is running his 1959 though. Guessing he's just adding a tiny bit of brightness with the first channel, and has the second channel turned up quite a bit more... otherwise it would sound pretty horrible with a metal zone.

Just bought one for $30.

I'm curious about how Simon Niel is running his 1959 though. Guessing he's just adding a tiny bit of brightness with the first channel, and has the second channel turned up quite a bit more... otherwise it would sound pretty horrible with a metal zone.

Yeah, there's a more going on there than just the pedal. Never got to try it through the Super Bass, so can't give you any pointers there.

Didn't watch the whole video, but doesn't he use multiple amps?

nope thankfully

Thanks!! What makes sliding on a Start different from a Manson?

Yeah, there's a more going on there than just the pedal. Never got to try it through the Super Bass, so can't give you any pointers there.

Didn't watch the whole video, but doesn't he use multiple amps?

Apparently his "big" sound is the metal zone into the 1959 with the channels bridged.

I'll have to try it though - I'm guessing he just has the two volume controls blended a certain way (probably channel 2 turned up more)

I have been waiting some time for this thread title

Were you not happy with the previous one? I was planning to change it to this one eventually, but somehow the board stopped displaying the Nando's emoji... at least for me.

Were you not happy with the previous one? I was planning to change it to this one eventually, but somehow the board stopped displaying the Nando's emoji... at least for me.

It's not that I wasn't happy. I saw it more as a natural progression to what was still to come. Our overlords are very pleased, we will be roasting a hog this night in this threads honour.