Nothing for me, was gonna get today but UK Mail are awful as fuck

where did you order from?

and i've only bought from thomman once, but can't say anything bad about them. wouldn't count it as a transaction i'll never forget, but still...

Ay?:confused: Where does it say that?

I got told in an email I got from Mansons, after enquiring about putting 510's on it. This is part of the email I recieved:

For all instruments: please let us know if you wish to collect on Friday 20th March or have your instrument shipped. Also please notify us if you have not already done so, if you wish to have modifications added: we can confirm modifications available are:

Sustainer addition/Fuzz Factory addition/Custom Hardware Controls/Custom Hardware Machineheads/Special Pack Upgrade Custom Hardware and Set of Gotoh HAP SG381 Machineheads/Upgrade Seymour Duncan or MBK pickups/Coil Tap.

where did you order from?

and i've only bought from thomman once, but can't say anything bad about them. wouldn't count it as a transaction i'll never forget, but still...

I've used them a few times for pedals, and have generally found them quick and reliable.

MBC has arrived.

First thoughts - this thing is solid. Needs a setup & a restring as most delivery guitars do (heat/cold during delivery) but build-wise it is like a tank.

Sound-wise - until it's been setup I can only surmise - it rings like a motherfucker

I've used them a few times for pedals, and have generally found them quick and reliable.

Yeah, I only really ordered from them as they had a schaller part that was impossible to find anywhere else, but I'd recommend them anyway. They got it shipped quickly, but the actual shipping time wasn't the fastest. On the other hand, the rates were reasonable, so can't complain really.

If you ever need any bondage gear though, I highly recommend that UK based company I mentioned to you, especially since they can do custom work. I've more or less color coded the cables in my setup now...

red cables = guitar to pedalboard and pedalboard to amp, with a special combination of straight and angled connectors

blue cables = effects loop with straight and angled connectors

orange cable = orange amp to footswitch

:facepalm:

I need to get the red cables for my pedalboard too, but the connectors are a bit bulky, and I'm already running out of real estate space

MBC has arrived.

First thoughts - this thing is solid. Needs a setup & a restring as most delivery guitars do (heat/cold during delivery) but build-wise it is like a tank.

Sound-wise - until it's been setup I can only surmise - it rings like a motherfucker

Nice. How's the finish?

Nice. How's the finish?

It seems pretty durable. As a package, I really cannot complain for £500. Bridge pickup has a lot of character to it, cleans up really nicely. Neck pickup maybe needs to be changed, but I've only used it with Guitar Rig, would really need to see how it does through an amp. Which I don't currently have at present.

My original plan was to put one of those P90s into it James, but that's fallen by the wayside....dunno if they would actually improve this guitar much though tbh!

Interesting about the neck pickup. If you still don't like it after playing through an amp, maybe put something like one of these in?

http://www.creamery-pickups.co.uk/p90-stratocaster-pickup.html

Dont get me wrong, it sounds decent, cleans up very nicely. Just isn't sitting right with me.

But as you say, after i've tried it with an amp, we'll re-evaluate.

1 day review

Playability & looks- 9/10, super easy to play, the neck is lovely. Heard stories of guys with dodgy QC, none of that on mine. Very clean finish. Paint job feels good and looks very good - definitely black. Killswitch is silent. Pickup selector is a bit flimsy to the touch, but easily replaced if need be. No crackling on the pots. Machineheads are solid, I'd trust them.

Sound - 8/10 - bridge pickup is brilliant, reminds me of a hot p90 as opposed to a traditional humbucker. Lots of character, good cleans, severe when distorted. Decent bass response, but its all about the treble frequences - tbf, we all knew that would be the case. Dont expect this to crank out the B33F like a Motherbucker/Nailbomb or suchlike, it just aint that kind of pickup. Will re-evaluate once it's through an amp.

Neck pickup - not sold totally, but them I am currently spoiled for neck pups (bkp blackguard in my polite tele's neck, bkp MQ in my heavy tele's neck), so maybe it's just me being unfair. It is noisey, but then, it is a single coil, so duh.

Overall 8.5/10 for me. Not a massive amount to improve upon, and for £499, there are not many better guitars out of the box for the money.

[tl;dr - its ossim]

Edited by scottST
B33F

Is it worth it to upgrade the humbucker and neck pups to an MBK-2 and a FSK-401 sustainer? I'm interested in this guitar and what would get me the best setup for the price

that setup would double the price of the guitar.

stock pickup in the bridge is great, I wouldn't waste money on an upgrade until you've actually tried it out.

Edited by scottST
bad maths

well seems like everyone's had a better luck with Thomann than me. I might give them another go.

says stock available in 2-5 days now. and my company's paying me the 500 quid they underpaid me over the last couple of months.

A sign from heavens or what.

Wow, Strat P90 LOOKS awesome. Need to investigate Creamery more. They look really interesting.

They are great pickups. He does custom winds as well - I had one done for my musecasters 7 string (the alloy one) and it exceeded expectations.

that setup would double the price of the guitar.

stock pickup in the bridge is great, I wouldn't waste money on an upgrade until you've actually tried it out.

Well assuming money's not an object, you rated the stock MBC 8.5/10. With an MBK-2 + FSK-401 upgrade installed what do you think you'd rerate it at?

Well assuming money's not an object, you rated the stock MBC 8.5/10. With an MBK-2 + FSK-401 upgrade installed what do you think you'd rerate it at?

It'll almost certainly sound better, butcwhy not just get an MA-2 for that kind of money?

Also, what works for me might not work for you. Best you try one out if possible before spending that kind of cash on an upgrade you might not even feel necessary. I know i aint changing my bridge pup, and the creamery neck pup James linked is a shit-tonne cheaper than an MBK...

Yeah, I only really ordered from them as they had a schaller part that was impossible to find anywhere else, but I'd recommend them anyway. They got it shipped quickly, but the actual shipping time wasn't the fastest. On the other hand, the rates were reasonable, so can't complain really.

If you ever need any bondage gear though, I highly recommend that UK based company I mentioned to you, especially since they can do custom work. I've more or less color coded the cables in my setup now...

red cables = guitar to pedalboard and pedalboard to amp, with a special combination of straight and angled connectors

blue cables = effects loop with straight and angled connectors

orange cable = orange amp to footswitch

:facepalm:

I need to get the red cables for my pedalboard too, but the connectors are a bit bulky, and I'm already running out of real estate space

Haha, what site was that again, I've completely forgotten - hopefully I'll never need any more cables though, unless one of the GK ones packs in. Colour coding cables makes sense, but all mine are black so whatever, haha! At least I know where they all go. And yeah, I'd imagine shipping from Germany to the US would take a bit longer than to the UK anyway. I just used them when they had cheaper prices on a pedal than somewhere in the UK.

Haha, what site was that again, I've completely forgotten - hopefully I'll never need any more cables though, unless one of the GK ones packs in. Colour coding cables makes sense, but all mine are black so whatever, haha! At least I know where they all go. And yeah, I'd imagine shipping from Germany to the US would take a bit longer than to the UK anyway. I just used them when they had cheaper prices on a pedal than somewhere in the UK.

Do you delete the PMs I send you after you read them? I know I don't delete yours :supersad: I even go back and read them sometimes...

Here: http://www.designacable.com/

I don't think they do GK cables, but if it's possible to get the connectors separately (probably isn't), it might be worth asking. The cable itself is the weakness in the roland one - it's pretty flimsy.

Nah, I'm sure I still have all the PMs - my inbox is 99% full, so... :LOL:

Hopefully I won't have any cable problems anyway, and I don't plan on adding anything more. :)

:$

And you shouldn't, those ones are pretty decent, even if they aren't color coded :ninja:

Also, what works for me might not work for you. Best you try one out if possible before spending that kind of cash on an upgrade you might not even feel necessary. I know i aint changing my bridge pup, and the creamery neck pup James linked is a shit-tonne cheaper than an MBK...

Tone is subjective

/TGP

But yeah, agree with that. It sounded pretty good to me in the demo, and I don't think the sustainer pickup will sound much better anyway... they're not known for having a great sound