Perhaps, to be honest when Adrian was showing me the guitar it looked very new, there were no signs of play at all and all the plastic films were still in place over the screen surround and the cover plates on the back.

*Edit* To be back on topic, cancelling my cort order means somebody gets moved from 2nd run to 1st, when I was originally talking to the guy from cort (wish I knew his name) he told me I was on the first run as I ordered on the 5th of December.

Thanks,

Dean

Edited by Deamuse
Fingers to fat for tiny iPhone

No, I'm pretty sure that they are chrome.

You've intrigued me now, what's the one with the black p90 surrounds?

Thanks,

Dean

I'm guessing that was the other prototype. There were apparently two - one mahogany (the one in the shop that everyone's seen) and one poplar.

I'm guessing the poplar one was the one with two black covered P90s. There's a picture of it somewhere, but I'll have to find it.

It'll say on the back of the headstock what number out of 18 anyway. Unless it's 19 out of 18???

Ahh, I've heard of the prototypes but thought they would never sell them, as this one comes with all the goodies still in their plastic bags I didn't think it would be one of them. My thoughts were to look on the back of the headstock once it arrives, I didn't really manage to look on Saturday as I was trying to hold back the swarms of people glaring at me as I was going about my 'test drive'.

I'll post some more information once it turns up (in the appropriate thread to avoid clogging this one up)

Thanks Dean

I guess time will tell on this one, I've got a feeling it's not pre owned. It looks too new, I've had a couple of matte black guitars and after a while of playing they tend to shine up.

If it is pre owned it's no biggie really, considering that there is only 18 of them in existence.

Thanks,

Dean

Sorry to swing this thread back off topic but it's just been delivered ( MB2-SE ) and its number 17, the date on the certificate is 10/02/15 so I don't think its pre owned, Rust_Relic might be correct with the ordered but couldn't afford theory. ( from now on all my posts about this guitar will be in the appropriate thread)

*back on topic*

Wow, thats great news about the court doing so well, I knew there was a call for an affordable MB series but didn't realise how much of a calling.

Thanks,

Dean

*PS- Pics will follow, just charging up my DSLR and annoying my Facebook friends with pictures.

Has anyone heard from Mansons on this yet? Emails to confirm final spec etc?

No not yet only when I enquired about something recently they advised me just to order the options from the MBC-1 option list and they would add them to the guitar.

Maybe, it was hung on that wall at the time :)

Back on topic...........

"WE ARE NOW SOLD OUT UNTIL JUNE / JULY 2015 - Place a deposit to secure your guitar for June/July 2015"

http://www.mansons.co.uk/product/cort-mbc-1-matthew-bellamy-signature-model-6894

:eek:

Yeah but how many of those are going to Matt for... touring purposes?

Has anyone heard from Mansons on this yet? Emails to confirm final spec etc?

Don't they just come as a standard spec unless you request something?

Yeah but how many of those are going to Matt for... touring purposes?

Don't they just come as a standard spec unless you request something?

Nah it said here that customers would be contacted to confirm final spec - http://www.mansonguitarworks.com/index.cfm/news/manson-guitar-works-2015-mbc-1-updates-105

I've already emailed saying I want a sustainer in mine though! Didn't get a reply however...

Is it the one on the wall in the background here?

You just wanted an excuse to post that picture :eyebrows:

Customs have it at the moment...

Nah it said here that customers would be contacted to confirm final spec - http://www.mansonguitarworks.com/index.cfm/news/manson-guitar-works-2015-mbc-1-updates-105

I've already emailed saying I want a sustainer in mine though! Didn't get a reply however...

Hmm fair enough then. Are you getting any other modifications for it?

You just wanted an excuse to post that picture :eyebrows:

Customs have it at the moment...

Haha, well, I remembered that when I first saw it, I thought "Is that an MB-2 in the background?" - seemed appropriate! ;)

just gotten my MBC1!!

Here's my really quick first 20 min impression.

1)matte finish is of really good quality here

2) obviously at this price, QC is not exactly top notch. The edge of the neck at the bolted part has a tiny blue streak. Looks like a piece of fabric which got sealed in when the neck was glossed. But VERY hard to notice. Fret markets are not exactly well places too, with the circles being very rough but other than these issues, build quality is impeccable.

3) bridge PU sounds good, good for rock. Not too keen on the SC though idk why.

4)neck has a nice shape, i think its similar to a 60s Gibson neck. Well I came from that shape and I had no probs playing this.

5) fretboard is a little hard to bend on, keeps getting stuck. Will try out some lemon oil when I get the chance

Overall it looks killer and is built pretty well. But honestly unless you are a muse fanatic or you want to emulate MB (though everyone knows its impossible) I'm sure there are more bang for your buck options out there.... Like the PRS SE :D my previous guitar