I think I can see and understand why Matt doesn't do the guitar parts before the solo anymore because it is pretty nuanced and subtle and doesn't really fit the atmosphere of arenas/stadiums but I really love that part! :D

It's really interesting to compare that performance with this performance.

I wouldn't really say either one of them is that technically much better of a performance than the other (although I favor the SNL one). I just think they are different kinds of performances, one being very intimate, and the other being more fitted to bigger venues.

Has Matt actually ever attempted to hit the final note in Sing for Absolution? I'm sure I've heard it somewhere.

There is a performance where he goes for it and switches to falsetto in the middle of the note but can't remember if it was the original key.

There is a performance where he goes for it and switches to falsetto in the middle of the note but can't remember if it was the original key.

Yeah, the one where he switches to falsetto mid-note is original key. Why did you take down your YouTube-account btw?

I think I can see and understand why Matt doesn't do the guitar parts before the solo anymore because it is pretty nuanced and subtle and doesn't really fit the atmosphere of arenas/stadiums but I really love that part! :D

He doesn't do them because he likes to fuck with the camera instead.

Archived