2014.04.12 & 2014.04.19 - Coachella Festival, Indio CA, US

supralover23

Assuming we're talking about the same one, it's in the News section.

I think I'll go too. Depends on how Friday morning goes :LOL:

Ah, well that doesn't count. One is a radio show announcement, and one is a Gigs and Tours thread for attendees to chat and arrange stuff. So they're both legit.

Yup, I'm crossing my fingers. I'm going to weekend 2, since most people I know have tix to that one already. Good luck!

I got my tickets (weekend 1) during pre-sale so I'm set!

And clearly I'm destined to see them at festivals cause I bought my Reading 2011 ticket during pre-sale and then Muse ended up headlining and playing an amazing set so I fully expect the same out of Coachella :LOL:

Weekend 1 for us! I always buy tickets during the pre-sale. My son turns 16 on Saturday of weekend 1--I can't believe his favorite band will be playing!! I'm bringing his 3 best friends for his birthday, so this years Coachella will be quite an adventure. Won't be camping at main stage like we did for Outside Lands a few years ago--too many greats bands to see. I hope we can meet up!

Ohhhh...so it's just that you have to hope you like the line-up then! Guess for Musers who did that this year it would be like hitting the lottery! :)

It's a lot like Glasto really! Except with Coachella you can always sell your pass if you hate the lineup. :LOL:

^and Coachella lineups are almost always great too

It's funny, we got Weekend 1 tickets last year in May when they had the presale. Never really considered Muse being a strong possibility for this...

and sadly probably won't even be watching them if there's a conflict with Empire of the Sun, Pet Shop Boys, or Netsky. Already saw one show on the 2nd Law tour and I can't imagine them doing a vastly different set. But barring no conflicts, I'd be more than happy to see them again. Coachella sets are always magical. It is where I first saw the band after all..

So yeah all that being said, now they'll do Citizen Erased, Space Dementia, Muscle Museum, Butterflies & Hurricanes, and Hyper Music.

Edited by halo eighteen

Ikr? I'll be devastated if they conflict with Empire of the Sun. I'm really hoping they'll do Muse -> Skrillex on the main stage so that Empire of the Sun can close one of the tents and I can rush over there for that over Muse. I seriously have a curse of never getting to see that band, gah!

• 1 month later...

Jessica, will you be doing barrier? Maybe we'll finally meet :)

Just won tickets to Coachella so I'm back on the board :D don't know which weekend yet so I can't book a hotel room or make any plans right now unfortunately.

I'm going to read some Coachella n00b guides soon but has anyone ever had any problems using electronics in the extreme heat? I may bring my camera but I don't want the heat to create any problems for it. I also have an old flip phone and I'm not sure how I'll charge it if I camp with friends :$

Jessica, will you be doing barrier? Maybe we'll finally meet :)

Just won tickets to Coachella so I'm back on the board :D don't know which weekend yet so I can't book a hotel room or make any plans right now unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure I will. But if it's ungodly hot, I might just camp out on the edge of barrier late afternoon. I'm a delicate little flower in the hot heat and I'll wilt. :p

Congrats on the tickets!! I really hope to see you there. If we don't meet at the barrier, I'm sure we can pick another day to meet. :yesey:

• 3 weeks later...

My gf and I just saw Arcade Fire in Cleveland a few weeks ago and it was an amazing show.

We were planning on going to Coachella, and wanted to do the second weekend but being

that the the Sunday falls on Easter, that threw a whole monkey wrench into it. We and I am

sure many other people hardly see their families as it is, and being from the East Coast

it was just a no brainer to pass.

I noticed there are a ton of people selling second weekend passes and everything, and

mentioning how they didn't realize the second weekend falls right on Easter.

I kind of think it was a major bonehead move from Promoters to do it on that weekend. It

wouldn't have killed them to move it back or ahead one week.

I kind of think it was a major bonehead move from Promoters to do it on that weekend. It

Who knows what was available for them. But it's not like they didn't have an instant sell out anyways. :LOL:

My gf and I just saw Arcade Fire in Cleveland a few weeks ago and it was an amazing show.

We were planning on going to Coachella, and wanted to do the second weekend but being

that the the Sunday falls on Easter, that threw a whole monkey wrench into it. We and I am

sure many other people hardly see their families as it is, and being from the East Coast

it was just a no brainer to pass.

I noticed there are a ton of people selling second weekend passes and everything, and

mentioning how they didn't realize the second weekend falls right on Easter.

They can't really move it though. They have Stagecoach the weekend after that. ALso, the later you go, the hotter it gets.

and sadly probably won't even be watching them if there's a conflict with Empire of the Sun, Pet Shop Boys, or Netsky.

oh shit Pet Shop Boys are gonna be there? I clearly have not done my lineup research. :stunned: i should really check out that Coachella website.......

that the the Sunday falls on Easter, that threw a whole monkey wrench into it.

ah so that's why my friends wanted to switch to weekend 1. lols i wonder what kind of debauchery they'll get into before easter weekend :p

Congrats on the tickets!! I really hope to see you there. If we don't meet at the barrier, I'm sure we can pick another day to meet. :yesey:

weekend 2! see you there :D