Anyone else dissappointed that Muse might just do two gigs 2014?

Marusken

One Swedish gig at Globen (Stockholm) at the end of March is what we've been told. Probably cancelled already though.

Yeah, but I think the tickets would have been in sale by now. End of March is in about three months and Muse usually release tickets 4-5 months before the gig.

Would love a trip to Stockholm though ...

MUSE to do festival circuit in 2014 starting with Lollapalooza Brazil on April 5/6.

The band will then head to USA for, most likely, Coachella on April 11-13 AND April 18-20 (Coachella is a 2 weekend festival, so MUSE would have to be in the USA for at least 2 weeks, maybe more than that). Now, there are other USA festival that they could play and those line-ups (including the official word on Coachella and Boston Calling) are to be announced next month. Another festival is Boston Calling in Boston at the end of May, and that line-up had 21 artists and lasts 3 days. Muse, if they do headline BC, will most likely end their festival circuit either right then and there, or head to EU for some festivals. Either way, MUSE will have the least amount of gigs in 2014 to they can start on their new album.

I don't even get the point of asking for two Sweden gigs in 2014 when they'll probably have a great difficulty even selling out one. Weren't the ticket sales really low prior to the most recent cancellations? Muse always seems to be considerably less popular in Sweden than in comparative countries.

Edited by sade

If I recall correctly, the gig that wasn't Stockholm (Malmö?) had quite low sales and Stockholm was nowhere near sold-out. Considering empty seats in a big arena =money loss, it seems they were expecting a lot more people to turn up.

I don't even get the point of asking for two Sweden gigs in 2014 when they'll probably have a great difficulty even selling out one. Weren't the ticket sales really low prior to the most recent cancellations? Muse always seems to be considerably less popular in Sweden than in comparative countries.

If they thought they couldn't sell out two gigs in Sweden, then they wouldn't decide to do two gigs in Sweden in 2012.

There have been several calls on this board for them to do two gigs to make up for the two cancelled ones. Dee just said he specifically asked about the number of gigs which clearly suggests the topic of more than one gig was definitely hoped for.

What do I suggest? Do the one gig, and book Globen if you want to but don't be surprised if/when it doesn't sell out.

There have been several calls on this board for them to do two gigs to make up for the two cancelled ones. Dee just said he specifically asked about the number of gigs which clearly suggests the topic of more than one gig was definitely hoped for.

What do I suggest? Do the one gig, and book Globen if you want to but don't be surprised if/when it doesn't sell out.

The reason I asked for the amount of gigs is just to see how they were planning to make up for the cancelled gigs. Just as I expected, you can always trust Muse to cancel 3 gigs and play 1 to make up for it.

What do I think will happen? Either the gig has already been cancelled or they'll come back and play a shitty standard setlist and fuck off again.

What :LOL: I haven't seen any calls for "more than one gig" or "two gigs", just "gigs" in general. As in "get the fuck up here and play".

Not sure what your other point is either. They should play a gig in sweden next year regardless of the number of tickets they'd sell.

What :LOL: I haven't seen any calls for "more than one gig" or "two gigs", just "gigs" in general. As in "get the fuck up here and play".

The reason I asked for the amount of gigs is just to see how they were planning to make up for the cancelled gigs. Just as I expected, you can always trust Muse to cancel 3 gigs and play 1 to make up for it.

->Expressing being pissed off because Muse won't make up for the cancellation of 3 gigs by doing more than one gig ->indicates expectations on some level that Muse should do more than one gig

just "gigs" in general.

So "gigs" is not the plural form of "a gig", but a way of speaking? Right.

Not sure what your other point is either. They should play a gig in sweden next year regardless of the number of tickets they'd sell.

1)They should make up for the cancelled gigs in Sweden by playing a gig in Sweden

2)Considering Muse's popularity in Sweden, Globen is most likely too big an arena for the show, unless all the fans who missed out come out of the woodwork

3)Considering Muse probably won't sell out even one show in an arena this big, it makes no sense to be pissed off about Muse not making up for the cancelled gig by playing several gigs, when they don't have the audience for it.

Jesus this board is tiresome.

->Expressing being pissed off because Muse won't make up for the cancellation of 3 gigs by doing more than one gig ->indicates expectations on some level that Muse should do more than one gig

1)They should make up for the cancelled gigs in Sweden by playing a gig in Sweden

2)Considering Muse's popularity in Sweden, Globen is most likely too big an arena for the show, unless all the fans who missed out come out of the woodwork

3)Considering Muse probably won't sell out even one show in an arena this big, it makes no sense to be pissed off about Muse not making up for the cancelled gig by playing several gigs, when they don't have the audience for it.

Jesus this board is tiresome.

No, my expectation was for them to disappoint. My expectation was to hear the slightly flawed logic in making up for 3 cancelled gigs (gigs that were cancelled under dubious circumstances imho) by -maybe- playing one gig.

Don't even start giving off about bullshit like "This board is so tiresome" when the simple fact remains: cancelling gigs over and over will make people lose interest. You can point at poor ticket sales all you want, but why are they so poor? Maybe because people are gonna be hesitant to buy tickets when in the last 4 years we've had precisely 0 Muse gigs here. And like I said, when these gigs are cancelled by "unforseen circumstances" and pure coincidence, I call bullshit. They should absolutely make it up to Sweden. Ticket sales doesn't even factor in to it. There has to be a sign of good will from them, and so far there hasn't been.

My comment about the board wasn't about people (including you) wishing for gigs and how and when they should be arranged.

It was about picking an argument just for the sake of it over the the specific usage of words and a bizarre denial of sentiments clearly expressed here before. When the same tiresome bullshit happens in practically every MM thread it's no wonder this place is a desert these days.

Edited by sade