Anyone else dissappointed that Muse might just do two gigs 2014?

Marusken

There may not be enough demand for tickets to two full-arena Muse gigs in Sweden.

But I'm sure the reason they chose to include Malmö on the arena tour was due to the fact that Denmark and especially Copenhagen can't offer a proper indoor arena to bands like Muse.

I went to see The Killers in Malmö in March. They didn't a show in Denmark as well and the arena was full of Danes. I'm sure the same thing would happen with Muse.

I'm Swedish and waiting for them to announce something.. I don't think many people know them here ,and I guess some people don't trust them anymore so they don't buy tickets.

In my opinion they should play in the venue Hovet like they did in 2009 ,Globen is too big I think.

But I don't care as long as they play here

don't know how big Globen is, but i honestly think they should just do an arena gig. even when it will not sell out. After so many cancellations, they need to make up for it. especially because i've seen that there is quite a strong swedish Muse fanbase (i could be wrong, but i was in the queue at Emirates and at my entrance there were like 15 swedish fans there and i've seen a lot more too at the gig)

So yeah, imo it's time for them to finally play there. it's kinda ridiculous to cancel like 4 gigs? (or was it less or more?)

don't know how big Globen is, but i honestly think they should just do an arena gig. even when it will not sell out. After so many cancellations, they need to make up for it. especially because i've seen that there is quite a strong swedish Muse fanbase (i could be wrong, but i was in the queue at Emirates and at my entrance there were like 15 swedish fans there and i've seen a lot more too at the gig)

So yeah, imo it's time for them to finally play there. it's kinda ridiculous to cancel like 4 gigs? (or was it less or more?)

Malmö Arena's capacity is about 15,000 for concerts, but the upper sections was covered with certains at The Killers' show I went to. I guess they could do a similar thing in Globen and not use its full 16,500 capacity, so there won't be empty seats.

Edited by ChampenJacob

But I'm sure the reason they chose to include Malmö on the arena tour was due to the fact that Denmark and especially Copenhagen can't offer a proper indoor arena to bands like Muse.

I'm wondering if Roskilde festival could be an option for 2014. The general message of recent interviews is that they will probably do one European festival, but (if I'm not mistaken) not in the UK. But for an "exclusive" festival appearance outside their home country it would have to be some really big, special festival, wouldn't it? So Roskilde and Sziget are the first ones that come to my mind...

And then, add some Muse logic: If Malmö 2012 was (would have been) the "Denmark gig", well then, why not do the "Sweden gig" in Denmark? Like, they could cover two purposes (playing an European festival and making up for the cancelled gigs) with one show.....

I have a vague recollection of them mentioning Greece on twitter a few months back. Did this happen or am I imagining it?

There was talk of Greece, Turkey and Russia, but I think it wasn't the band themselves but one of those "the crew outside Helsinki Stadium told us that...." things. Just as that Globen gig. (which I'm totally sure won't take place. Just as I'm totally sure that no such thing as an anniversary club tour will take place. Might have lost some of my Muse optimism over the last months....)

Edited by InvincibleMoni

There was talk of Greece, Turkey and Russia, but I think it wasn't the band themselves but one of those "the crew outside Helsinki Stadium told us that...." things. Just as that Globen gig. (which I'm totally sure won't take place. Just as I'm totally sure that no such thing as an anniversary club tour will take place. Might have lost some of my Muse optimism over the last months....)

Yeah I remember Turkey being mentioned as well. Though Russia was definitely mentioned by Matt, as was Sweden.

I'm very skeptical of the anniversary tour happening too.

If the anniversary tour is gonna be tiny gigs though they could potentially be announced at very short notice. It might literally be a discreet hint on twitter the day before type thing. But yeah, I'm not expecting anything

I doubt that tbh. They're aware people would travel very long distances to get to these.

Dick move after playing Zepp and then tweeting that it was just a rehearsal for the 20th anniversary gigs.

It was actually looking fairly positive until a few weeks back when they suddenly stopped mentioning it in interviews.

I'm wondering if Roskilde festival could be an option for 2014. The general message of recent interviews is that they will probably do one European festival, but (if I'm not mistaken) not in the UK. But for an "exclusive" festival appearance outside their home country it would have to be some really big, special festival, wouldn't it? So Roskilde and Sziget are the first ones that come to my mind...

And then, add some Muse logic: If Malmö 2012 was (would have been) the "Denmark gig", well then, why not do the "Sweden gig" in Denmark? Like, they could cover two purposes (playing an European festival and making up for the cancelled gigs) with one show.....

A festival/gig or two next summer in Eastern Europe seems likely after Matt's comment on a festival in Moscow.

A stadium gig in Denmark (apparently Parken in Copenhagen) "to be announced soon" was mentioned in the first release of stadium gigs, but unforetunately wasn't realised. And when a band play in Malmö but not it Denmark I see it's just as much for the Danes as for the Swedes living in the south.

Roskilde could be a possibility for another festival next year since they last where there in 2010. But I wouldn't think of that as making it up for the cancelled Swedish gigs and I'd much rather travel to Stockholm to get one of their own shows with the pyramid than a standard festival set at Roskilde.