Youtube piano covers: This guy is awesome.

interpolpirate

He's decent... but lacks any sort of finesse... and over-pedals to cover it.

you are my hero ;)

Sure I am a little jealous, but why do his videos all have 10k plus views and I am lucky to have 700 views????

Also of note, I can be guilty of too much sustain myself from time to time, but I try not to let it get in the way. My biggest pet peeve with Piano Muse covers is when people do Space Dementia.... The album is very spacey and washed in reverb, but still has clarity. I see so many versions were people overly dramatically play the intro SUPER slow, and then instead of clean even notes they go straight into: "look how fast I can play" mode, with the sustain rocking at full blast!

I think my next mini project is to post a video of Space Dementia with NO sustain, I'll do this and Stephen, you record the bliss arps with one hand and together we will rule the galaxy as father and son... oh wait...

Lastly, one last disclaimer, I am not trying to be elitest and all "my E5 is perfect" on everyone, I just want a little love for my videos toooo :$

I dont like most of his covers. He's too flamboyant. I know he's better than me, I'm not trrying to say im a better piano player, cuz im not, he has MOAR skillz than me, but he just needs to tone it down IMO.

*flameshield*

agreed.. this guy is far better

also bliss

this cover is awesome and the guys voice is just like matts

:eek: this guy's voice..awesome

ps. can you put a keyboard any lower?:) and yeah leone has a transcribing talent

you are my hero ;)

I think my next mini project is to post a video of Space Dementia with NO sustain, I'll do this and Stephen, you record the bliss arps with one hand and together we will rule the galaxy as father and son... oh wait...

hahah

Actually what I'm thinking now is to do a full version of Bliss -- the right hand playing the arpeggio and the left doing the bass/guitar rhythmic stuff. Problem is that I'm on the road starting today until mid-August... so proving I'm a "musical genius" by playing Bliss with one hand while laying on my back will have to wait. ;):p Or I could piss a perfect circle in the snow to prove it as well..

• 5 months later...

Archived