Muse - Live At Rome Olympic Stadium

KirkBot

In Brisbane last night I had a really great time, I was smiling for almost the entire movie. I could hear my heart beating during Survival, that was one of my favourite parts. Really pumping me up for the real thing next month :D

The setlist certainly wasn't amazing, but the movie flowed well and I really enjoyed it.

There was a few moments we had a bit of a laugh, especially at the two Italian ladies who were staring at the camera and making weird faces. There was a group up the back that would clap to Starlight and such, and after each song. I clapped too, but it was just that small group of us. Then everyone clapped at the end.

There was some people from Triple M handing out double passes to 3 people. Would've been cool to win, but I don't know anyone that would want to come to Muse with me, may as well give it to someone else who could put some use to it. Besides, I've already got my ticket.

In general it was very good, couple of qualms:

1) Bit too much black and white for my taste; though I'll admit when it turned to colour for Follow Me... that was very cool.

2) Song choices. I'm not one of the ones screaming "WHY DID YOU CHOP STOCKHOLM AND UNINTENDED" here (well, maybe a little bit), but sandwiching Explorers between KOC and Hysteria didn't work for me at all. That's as much a problem on the day as well as with editing. And why chop out Unsustainable? I mean, it's got a god-damn robot!

3) Almost certainly just me, but I found the crowd cheering between songs seemed to be too loud. That's not a complaint against a loud crowd (who were, in fairness, very up for it); I think the mix ramps them up so much between songs that they're almost as loud as the big moments of the songs themselves. When you've got a concert film including PIB, KOC, Uprising and TIRO - THEY should be the loudest bits.

Apart from that - it was excellent. Fond memories of the Emirates and such.

NB: Anyone else go to see it in Yeovil? There was probably about fifty of us and I was impressed/worried with the six or so people spread out across the room rocking out in their chairs...

Edited by Tremor2005

I thought the bass (especially during Hysteria) was either low in the mix or was muffled.

It was absolute painful to hear.. awful!

Altough the overall mixing was pretty good it thought. I. e. the electric bass Morgan plays during GL was much better. When i heard it live i nearly puked...

As said before, the crowd volume between the songs was way to loud, whereas during the songs it was to quiet, especially if you compare it to the fan recordings...

Just realised I haven't actually spaffed about the screening here yet! Fucking amazing show, and made me feel like I was back reliving the stadium experiences of this summer :D I was the only one actually rocking out in my seat, lol - everyone else was quite boring tbh.

I loled when Matt said 'alright?' at the camera during Hysteria and the hysterically emotional guy crying after Guiding Light :LOL: Lots of brilliant moments, but it was seriously let down by the lack of Unsustainable. I know it's getting boring to hammer on about that, but I could feel that something was missing and it ruined it a bit, to be honest. What made it much worse was that they played the song minus visuals in the end credits - what little shits! :mad::LOL: Add salt to the wound, Muse!

I would have been looking forward to the DVD so much more if I knew all the songs were on there, so it's a real shame that they cut so many. It could have been insanely epic as opposed to just epic, lol. Nonetheless, the visuals were awesome and I got a serious case of the post-Muse-gig-blues even though I didn't even go to the Rome gig. Dying for new tour dates to be released. I'll go to every flipping anniversary show there is as soon as they announce them!

NB: Anyone else go to see it in Yeovil? There was probably about fifty of us and I was impressed/worried with the six or so people spread out across the room rocking out in their chairs...

Yay! I was there! It was quite disconcerting how bloody quiet everyone was. I think me and my kids were the only ones singing along - and clapping at certain points. Were you impressed/worried by us (at the front)?

There were only 25 or so people at our screening and me and my sister in law were the only ones to get OUT OF OUR SEATS TO DANCE n JUMP!!! We made sure we got back seats so we didn't disturb anybody, but the place was mainly empty (!!!!!!) so there was lots of room for everybody to show their enthusiasm as they wished. I think the audience probably felt too shy of showing such outward emotion in a cinema...

The sound was pretty poor quality at the back, and the screen too small so in the end we took the front seats which were all empty (!!!!!!!!) and we sat back an relaxed.....

:D WOW!!!! :D

WE WERE ON THE STAGE WITH MUSE!!!!! :D:D:D

They were 20 ft tall!!!! O M G!!!!! Chris's thighs alone were 5 foot wide!!!! :D

We chucked our arms in the air and thumped the air when appropriate. IE Lots!! I even got on my KNEES and rocked it out to SMBH which was just incredible. Yes my knees hurt, and yes I felt bashful when I jumped up during Follow Me and ran up the aisle to the back of the hall past all 25 people to have a dance n Jump ON MY OWN! But hell, Follow Me has them belting it out completely in sync and I just couldn't help myself.

The ironic thing is that in my 40th year I was defo the oldest person in there. And yes, I acted the youngest, and enjoyed every bloody minute. I've never lost my voice in a cinema before! ;) Lesson in life - ENJOY EVERY MOMENT

Remember - "This life's too good to last"

I am SO THANKFUL that we are around to enjoy Muse in all their glory.

Highlights, SMBH and Survival.

Cydonian Princess----loved your recap and enthusiasm! :) HAving read so many reports about how boring the crowds were at so many cinemas makes me VERY happy I was at the theater I was at with the really FUN crowd that was there. People clapped after every song/cheered/woo-hoo'ed at appropriate times/clapped along to IS/Starlight/all the usual"clapping" songs, and at one point the woman behind me yelled out "I LOVE YOU MATT!!!!!" to which the whole theater CRACKED up and cheered. Towards the end some people were up dancing in the aisles. Sure made the whole experience even more fun...and the movie itself was just sooooo awesome for me.....the crowd just put the icing on the cake. :)

Oh...and Cydonian Princess...you said you were the oldest one there....you would have fit right in at the cinema I was at....DEF an overall older crowd....you would have been more the average age. :D

Bottom line...I LOOOVED the movie, SO very glad that I got to see this, and thanking the universe that Muse was awesome enough to even think to give us this experience in the theaters. :D Also---it sure gave us poor U.S.fans a chance to experience the "next best thing to being there" as to the whole stadium experience. :)

at one point the woman behind me yelled out "I LOVE YOU MATT!!!!!" to which the whole theater CRACKED up and cheered. Towards the end some people were up dancing in the aisles. Sure made the whole experience even more fun...and the movie itself was just sooooo awesome for me.....the crowd just put the icing on the cake. :)

Oh...and Cydonian Princess...you said you were the oldest one there....you would have fit right in at the cinema I was at....DEF an overall older crowd....you would have been more the average age. :D

You reminded me that we waved like crazy and shouted "HELLOOOO!!!!""" to Matt when he looked directly into the camera down into the audience. But we were front row so it was pretty intense!!! hahaha :D

It seems to me that Muse fans are getting younger and younger, which is no bad thing, and sometimes it's forgotten that their fans span the generation. Certainly my mum is a huge fan, and yet she didn't fancy the cinema at all!

THE COFFINS. Aren't they supposed to be vampires? The point being that they live off other people like parasites? Also, is he exorcising them - making them *good* as per the lyrics of Undisclosed Desires? That was my interpretation at least, but hell yeah pretty RANDOM scene really!

Yay! I was there! It was quite disconcerting how bloody quiet everyone was. I think me and my kids were the only ones singing along - and clapping at certain points. Were you impressed/worried by us (at the front)?

I would punch you if you'd clap and sing at my screening.

and at one point the woman behind me yelled out "I LOVE YOU MATT!!!!!" to which the whole theater CRACKED up and cheered.

I hate sounding like a grouchy sod but fucking hell, I'd just end up thinking someone was a twat if they did that.

I hate sounding like a grouchy sod but fucking hell, I'd just end up thinking someone was a twat if they did that.

Gotta agree.

If you want to do all that the great, do it when you watch the DVD in your own homes.

Concert film or not, 99.9% of people at a cinema just want to watch the thing quietly by themselves with no external distractions.

I'd have been annoyed if people were loud and obnoxious in the theatre. Thankfully, there was just one person clapping along to Starlight, although it was surprising people weren't a bit more rowdy since the theatre allows alcohol. A guy got up for a piss break during Explorers. It made me laugh.

I think it was also a mistake not have a screening in Seattle; there were at least two groups of people there who had driven down to see the film. But I suppose there was a logistical reason for that.

We did a little bit of quiet clapping after a few songs, not loud enough to bother anyone else. I liked the fact we had a full cinema and all got to enjoy watching without any annoyances :p

It was especially nice seeing Hysteria, the last 2 gigs I've been to, it's been missing :(

I genuinely don't understand that mentality. We were at least 6 rows from anyone else, and the sound was loud enough to drown out our (my) awful singing. I don't understand how anyone can sit and listen without joining in :stunned:

I'd have been annoyed if people were loud and obnoxious in the theatre. Thankfully, there was just one person clapping along to Starlight, although it was surprising people weren't a bit more rowdy since the theatre allows alcohol. A guy got up for a piss break during Explorers. It made me laugh.

I think it was also a mistake not have a screening in Seattle; there were at least two groups of people there who had driven down to see the film. But I suppose there was a logistical reason for that.

I actually went for a piss during Explorers :LOL:

My friend was singing to himself during TIRO (although loud enough for him to be louder than Matt) and it pissed me off so much:mad: If I wanted to hear him sing it I would have paid €10 to him to hear him.