ACL live webcast 10/11/13

mattismymuse

Who else thought this webcast last night was the most awesome I have seen Matt play! He had this edge to him that was so sexy amazing!

I didn't see it live - I don't know if we in the UK were able to watch it live - but a kind person has put a link to a video of the gig on Facebook.:D

I didn't mind the final note. In the end I couldn't hear anything over the CO2 jets.

Survival doesn't have any atmosphere live, it's just kinda there. I felt completely out of the gig during Survival, like I could head out of the door already and avoid traffic.

Survival doesn't have any atmosphere live, it's just kinda there. I felt completely out of the gig during Survival, like I could head out of the door already and avoid traffic.

Wow, I think its a pretty exciting song to see live. I suppose it never creates the mosh pits that their other rock songs do nor are there any points you can jump around.

Survival was definitely one of the very highlights during the T2L-gigs for me.

I've yet to see any Survival performance (in person and through a video) which doesn't have a great atmosphere.

It's weird actually, everyone seems to have had a great time and it seems to be good in every video, but at my gig it was complete shit.

I did not enjoy Survival live either time I saw it. Granted I don't really enjoy the song, but Muse plays a lot of songs that aren't my favorites (damn radio hits) and I find I typically enjoyed them live, still.

SMBH and US come to mind.

I don't know if it was partly because I knew it was the last song, and that was a bit sad, but it also did just feel sort of anti-climatic for me.

It's just a bit too silly to be a "grand" finale.

And it was the biggest (only) failure in visuals in the entire gig.

After how amazing the visuals were for the entire show, having little cartoon mouths singing the choir parts of Survival (which is the part of the song that bothers me the most) be the last thing I saw was... depressing.

It also really accentuated the "joke" nature of the song, and I didn't think that fit very well as a closer.

I hope the damn song is long gone by next tour.

I also wouldn't miss SMBH, but I'm extremely surprised that they didn't play it.