Interview with Matt about cars

Tabea

the best interviews are always the ones where it has fuck all to do with the band

saw an amusing one on youtube with biffy the other day where they're talking about their phones and stuff. It's just refreshing to hear about them and what they actually do rather than endless repeated things about the album

the best interviews are always the ones where it has fuck all to do with the band

saw an amusing one on youtube with biffy the other day where they're talking about their phones and stuff. It's just refreshing to hear about them and what they actually do rather than endless repeated things about the album

I love that interview with Biffy. There's one with Muse too from back in 2010. Not much to do with the band, more to do with Matt and Dom in a more personal light.

I love that interview with Biffy. There's one with Muse too from back in 2010. Not much to do with the band, more to do with Matt and Dom in a more personal light.

Haha yeah, they are some of the best interviews. Wish they had all the parts in one video though rather than like 5 different ones. Ballache

matt-bellamy-top-gear-o.gif

LOL, first thing I thought of. Speed demon Matt. Mind those elbows, mate! :LOL:

Funny read, thanks! :D

I love those interviews! Far more fun and enlightening than the usual.

Additional answers to the interview with Matt !

KS: Have you ever been sitting in that Lamborghini?

MB: Not only that! Lamborghini had invited us to visit their factory in Italy, when we were there on tour. That was a great day, we were allowed to test all the cars. I drove a Lamborghini Countach from the early eighties, that is the model of “The highway to hell is going on" - as a child I loved the movie! I have also tried a Kalaydo and said Aventador, the latest Lamborghini.

(…)

KS: Did you ever had any accidents?

MB: I had one with the black Lotus, but luckily it was nothing serious! On the day we had completed a photo shoot - for the “Hullabaloo" DVD. I wore a white dinner jacket and a large white hat. Only hardcore fans really know that: But on the DVD there is a sequence of five seconds when I wear the clothes, get in my car and drive away. But what you can not see is that I’m leaving, it’s raining, and I’m building an accident!

KS: What happened?

MB: I was driving behind a BMW 7-series, a pretty big car. He slows down, I can’t come to a stop in the rain and run into him. Because his car was so great, the Lotus landed almost under his car. The back of his car got close to my window, but without breaking it. But the funny part of the story is: It could have been a fairly aggressive situation when the driver gets out and is pissed. But when I came out of my car, in full costume, the ice was immediately broken. He laughed and probably thought: Who is this madman?

KS: And then you said: “I’m a rock star, and I come from a video shoot!"

MB: Haha, exactly! I then invited him to our concert and wrote him on the guest list. But I still do not know whether he came.

(…)

KS: Were there any funny incidents?

MB: Sure! Our first concert we played outside of England took place in France. A friend had invited us to perform there in his pub. This was also the first time where we had a real van. But the real reason why he wanted to have us there, we recognized after the gig: He wanted us to smuggle duty-free cigarettes back to England. As we drove back, we were in the van on top of thousands of packets of cigarettes - no kidding! We operated as smugglers, and it worked.

Interview: Katja Schwemmers

From: http://www.gq-magazin.de/auto-technik/autos/matt-bellamy-ich-bin-ein-auto-narr

I remember him talking about that incident at some point before... I think he'd spent his entire advance on that car, then his gf called him at the shoot arguing, and he was speeding to get home, and crashed into that guy.

Didn't he also spend all his money on a jetpack at one point early on, too? :LOL:

Yeah, I think it was just before Showbiz. He planned that if the music didn't take off he'd make money using the jetpack for advertising or something :LOL:

Love this interview and now Matt's garage, and not solely due to being a bit of a gearhead. Though I almost dropped out of my chair after reading 1966 Mustang. Tesla's are sweet, too, but a Lamborghini Aventador? :D Almost too gorgeous to drive. Way too expensive, especially a J. Still, I could definitely see Matt behind the wheel. Can't imagine a '62 Thunderbird, maybe a topless. Definitely a Route 66 kind of car. Drat. Now, all I want to talk about is engines and model variations. Fun interview though. :happy:

• 4 weeks later...