the actual playing surface? some pitches might have tracks around them. but I'm actually talking about the playing surface.

You are aware that we're talking about Europe and it's not American football? In European football the pitches are allowed to vary in size.

You are aware that we're talking about Europe and it's not American football? In European football the pitches are allowed to vary in size.

Wait, Norway is in Europe? :rolleyes:

EDIT:

My point is that the field dimensions are all, 105 x 68 m

That's the standard size of a soccer (football) pitch. Camp Nou, Wembley Stadium, Ricoh Arena, and......Brann Stadion are all that size.

Why the fuck are people arguing over the size of football pitches?
Look I went a page back and found out:

We expecting the full stage set-up to be in Bergen? Noticed on the ticket website that the concert plan has now changed to the following, suggesting that the stage will run along one of the side stands:

5244c09868f4fe3e84f8a8785d9a8dfc.jpg

I imagine this may have been done to accommodate the full stage, meaning they couldn't fit it at the end of the ground.

football pitches are all the same size, so I doubt it's that.

You all might have not seen my edit since it's a page back now but..

That's the standard size of a soccer (football) pitch. Eithad Stadium, Wembley Stadium, Ricoh Arena, and......Brann Stadion are all that size.

That's the standard size of a soccer (football) pitch. Eithad Stadium, Wembley Stadium, Ricoh Arena, and......Brann Stadion are all that size.

Wrong

Is this a confirmed fact?

No, but it makes sense. Moving the stage to the long side makes it cover more seats meaning less seats will be empty. There's no other logical explanation for it. Additionally, there's already been in the newspaper on how poor tickets sale have been and so on.

Stade de France for example is 105 x 70. Barcelona Olympic Stadium is 105 x 67. Anfield is 101 x 68m. But oh well.

Archived