Just got back from Rome. Incredible gig. Best crowd I have ever seen, it was insane ! MASSIVE singalong, I had never seen anything like that at a Muse gig before. Average setlist but I just didn't care, the atmosphere was magical and that's what really mattered last night.

I really hope the production of the DVD will do it justice.

EDIT : maybe someone already posted this but here is a great video to illustrate what I'm saying :

Just got back from Rome. Incredible gig. Best crowd I have ever seen, it was insane ! MASSIVE singalong, I had never seen anything like that at a Muse gig before. Average setlist but I just didn't care, the atmosphere was magical and that's what really mattered last night.

This so fucking much. I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get Dead Star in this tour (alas, it seemed like it was not meant to be!) but jesus christ EVERYTHING ELSE.

Not sure what my highlight would be but there were so many amazing moments for different reasons. Resistance was absolutely incredible. Follow Me, fucking hell that first chorus, everyone singing :awesome: Stockholm, thought I'd pass out for a moment but I held on :LOL: Animals was immense, Survival just gets better and better (the guys behind us were singing the 'so I told you' part, hilarious :D).

I laughed all the way throughout GL and Blackout. Cheese has never been done like that before :LOL: The lightbulb, the confetti, the acrobat flying down over Matt in Blackout and reaching out so they could touch hands... :LOL: :LOL:

On another note, everyone who queued the whole day with that weather deserves my respect. Hardcore does not begin to cover it. I would have passed out from heat exhaustion in a second - this coming from someone who spent the day of the gig and the previous day walking miles in Rome :LOL:

ETA-

Follow Me

I laughed all the way throughout GL and Blackout. Cheese has never been done like that before :LOL: The lightbulb, the confetti, the acrobat flying down over Matt in Blackout and reaching out so they could touch hands... :LOL: :LOL:

What the hell? That is actually going on the DVD? UD's barrier walk isn't enough silliness, apparently.

Full Rome show

Extras:

1. Tour Doc

2. Isolated System->Supremacy (US show intro)

3. Dead Star (Shepherd's Bush Empire?)

4. Bliss (stadium)

5. Ruled by Secrecy (well, there's only one performance of that to go on :p)

6. New Born (arena show so it captures the pyramid consuming the band)

Easter Egg: Micro Cuts and Butterflies & Hurricanes

That could work for a full DVD release.

Probably a long way from the actual finished product will be, mind.

I'd go for that.

Animals from Rome, great quality

the FLAC bootleg will be avalaible #soon, I think

:awesome:

Cant wait for that.

The sound quality was terrific, I was a bit afraid it would suffer a bit considering how huuge the stadium is. It wasn't the best in Porto, a smaller venue, and it certainly had some influence in my enjoyment of the gig. Glad to realise there were no such probs this time :D

:awesome:

Cant wait for that.

The sound quality was terrific, I was a bit afraid it would suffer a bit considering how huuge the stadium is. It wasn't the best in Porto, a smaller venue, and it certainly had some influence in my enjoyment of the gig. Glad to realise there were no such probs this time :D

Wait, since it's an official release MLK won't put it up on MuseBootlegs :( he will for both Turin nights though

I was a bit afraid it would suffer a bit considering how huuge the stadium is.

I thought this too for all stadiums in general but I was pleseantly surprised it was much better in Stadiums than Arena imo. I thought Animals.. it was good but kind of forgettable in arenas for me

Wait, since it's an official release MLK won't put it up on MuseBootlegs :( he will for both Turin nights though
Waah but it's going to take ages until we have the DVD :(

Good news about Turin 2, though, will definitely download that.

Seriously, Italian crowds are <3 I could only afford one gig abroad and it was basically choosing between Paris and Rome. Was v frustrated after hearing about Paris 2 but my friend who went to both Paris gigs and Rome said the crowd and atmosphere in Rome were better.

So yeah. Fuck Dead Star :phu: Saw it in 2004 anyway :p

I thought Animals.. it was good but kind of forgettable in arenas for me

Agreed, for some reason it's working much better now than for the arena tour. Sounds massive and the banker guy throwing musos doesn't take anything from the music, really fits!

Waah but it's going to take ages until we have the DVD :(

Good news about Turin 2, though, will definitely download that.

Seriously, Italian crowds are <3 I could only afford one gig abroad and it was basically choosing between Paris and Rome. Was v frustrated after hearing about Paris 2 but my friend who went to both Paris gigs and Rome said the crowd and atmosphere in Rome were better.

So yeah. Fuck Dead Star. Saw it in 2004 anyway :p

You might want to get this, I made it (Turin 2) https://mega.co.nz/#!IlFSjTCA!I5KRdUlo7zatglMZiSMsDwOK8mB-6xsjqCNXhvQymWk Quality is nothing special overall, mind (even though Bliss and a few other songs are satisfying).

The only thing that saddens me is that no recording (maybe only pro audio, with a good mix) will do justice to how powerful Dead Star was

Thanks for the link! Will download once I'm home :D

I've come to the conclusion that it's impossible to recreate some performances. For example, there's no video, audio, etc that will ever make justice to Unnatural Selection in Wembley 2010 (night 2). The guitar cutting through the entire stadium glghjfhjghjçljk ghgljkhjkçhjkçh

I want another gig :(

Animals definitely improved for the stadiums - it was a little weak at the arenas, a good song at SBE and a brilliant moment at the stadium gig.

This remains the best intro they've done for this tour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZR0ZMbDz4w

That's why I suggested it for live DVD extra - it's a very impressive opening to the show. Works extremely well atmospherically.

2ztacyc.png

FLAAAAAMES :facemelt:

Holy shitbiscuit!

Agreed, for some reason it's working much better now than for the arena tour. Sounds massive and the banker guy throwing musos doesn't take anything from the music, really fits!

Yeah Animals is a million times better now than on the arena tour

Archived