Tour the West Coast with Muse

Hyper

Just curious if anyone else in the US participated in this promotion. Not sure if it was just our regional radio doing it.

In brief, our DC101 station held a contest for 3 weeks where they offered a special password to text every two hours to be entered into the contest.

The winner would be able to invite 6! of his friends to fly to LA, where they would get a separate tour bus to follow the band, get tickets to 5! gigs along the way, get special dressing room at each venue, get press access everywhere, have breakfast with the band during the entire time, plus unlimited catering and food. Sweet deal, i know. It was sponsored by the Warner Brothers and some other company.

So we were texting like crazy trying to get this. It ended on November 2nd. So if the winner is someone on the boards, I would like to know how this whole trip goes , live updates and pics would be great. :D

So anyone else participated?

you have GOT to be kdding me!!!!!!!! OMG, I can't believe I never heard about this---although why would I as I don't live in DC. :LOL: DAAANG!!!---I wish I had known...would have loved to have entered this. It really seems unbelievable to me that they would do all this though...was this for real!??! And I can't believe the band would agree to all of this too....being annoyed by us crazy fans for this length of time?!?! LOL! :LOL:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

found the exact decription

Tour the West Coast with Muse (open to winners of a qualifying contest during the qualifying time of 10/15/2012 thru 11/2/2012). Must be a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older as of the date of participation.

Participating Stations

Winner randomly selected on or by: Monday, November 5, 2012

Prize provided by: Warner Brothers Records & Clear Channel Broadcasting

Prize is a trip for seven (7) to the west coast (dates/shows tbd) to see Muse in concert on five (5) separate nights at five different destinations (dates/locations tbd). (All taxes are sole responsibility of winner)

Prize package includes the following:

o Roundtrip coach-class airfare for winner and six (6) guests from a major metropolitan airport near winner’s home to Los Angeles, CA (dates tbd)

o Car service from airport to first venue/tour bus, and back to airport

o (35) Thirty-five total tickets/passes (5 nights X 7 tickets each night) to see Muse in concert at five (5) different venues during their West Coast swing. (dates/locations TBD)

o Opportunities to meet the band during the trip (dates/times TBD)

o Fully Stocked Tour Bus to include food and non-alcoholic beverages for winner and six (6) guests to follow Muse tour route to each of the five (5) tour stops;

o Estimated approximate retail value is $21,550 value may vary depending upon location and time of travel

G)

Imagine winning this... Why is it always the US that gets these kinds of stuff?

US radio is also shit, so this is how they get people to actually listen in :LOL:

I entered this contest a lot since I actually listen to radio (used to go on long drives home from uni). I'd even get up early to get my entry texts in and I'd always get a confirmation for each entry...but I recently discovered that my family had sms disabled on our cell phone plan. :stunned: Don't know how I still received those confirmations, but I don't have any hopes for receiving a winning text notification at this point.

Archived