2013.03.12 - Toyota Center, Houston, TX, US

Vile

:LOL: Exactly! I get chills just thinking about it.

What time are you showing up?

I just got back from the Tulsa one and I'm going alone to this one. Would be fun to have someone to talk to. I plan on getting there early, but I don't know how early I should go. First time seeing them here in Houston.

What time are you showing up?

I just got back from the Tulsa one and I'm going alone to this one. Would be fun to have someone to talk to. I plan on getting there early, but I don't know how early I should go. First time seeing them here in Houston.

I'm not sure yet, sometime in the morning though! You'll see me though, I'm a brunette with black frame glasses, I'll be wearing a green shirt :) It'll be great to have a good crew this time 'round. 2010's crew was great. Now I've got to get some sleep:LOL:

I'm not sure yet, sometime in the morning though! You'll see me though, I'm a brunette with black frame glasses, I'll be wearing a green shirt :) It'll be great to have a good crew this time 'round. 2010's crew was great. Now I've got to get some sleep:LOL:

Alright I will try to make it early. Post here when you leave. See ya there!

Just got the GREAT news that the brilliant person who bought my tickets, bought them for section 103!

WOW! I AM LITERALLY SITTING BEHIND THE STAGE!

Now, I'm in hysterics because the one thing that I've been waiting almost 3 years for (I was already let down by this person for not getting GA tickets) I WON'T EVEN GET TO FUCKING SEE.

Side stage tickets aren't awful, the stage is set up to be viewed from 360 degrees anyways.

So go have your mom fill up your bottle with fresh milk, and calm down.

last time they were here I had seats, and told myself I'd get GA next time and be there super early.

I have GA this time but its now 1 and I haven't even left yet, and I got a 90 minute drive to go. Guess I'm just not near as excited as last year.

Probably going to head out in a little while. Hope I meet some cool people out there because the GA sold out before I had a chance to convince a friend to come along.

The show was decent. Great energy from the band but just a dreadful set list.

that is too bad...Muse was great in Tulsa and the set list really worked...LOVED Hysteria. I am baffled as to why Muse would alternate and not always play this song.

They really should have offered a 20 to 21 song set list for Houston...a major US Market...

Setlist was pretty ugly. No Hysteria, Animals, Sunburn or Stockholm. New Born isn't really good live anymore.

Yea, Matt doesn't even bother playing the opening piano bit for New Born any longer. Don't know how a song like Starlight gets priority over Stockholm when Stockholm is a song they used to close every show with. I was hoping for Sunburn since they've played it at a few NA shows but no luck.

So for those of you who attended...how was it? Ok? Good? Fantastic? Mind BLOWING EPIC GREATNESS?!?!?1

I thought it was fucking fantastic but it was Muse so that's to be expected. I feel like the '10 crowd had a better energy though. I am sad they didn't play Hysteria, SS or PiB. :(

But still...overall I had a great time and I wish I were queuing up for Dallas.

Yea, Matt doesn't even bother playing the opening piano bit for New Born any longer. Don't know how a song like Starlight gets priority over Stockholm when Stockholm is a song they used to close every show with. I was hoping for Sunburn since they've played it at a few NA shows but no luck.

Yeah I really wanted Sunburn too.:( But oh well, it def won't be my last time seeing them so i can hope for the future:D

Fun show, reminded me why I used to love this band so much (because honestly, I haven't listened near as much in the past year or two).

But yeah, setlist was pretty dreadful. I thought he was about to play Sunburn and then he played USoE, ugh. They played that last time they came here, they haven't played Sunburn here in forever (I actually like Eurasia, they've just played it the past two times I've seen them and I really want to see something new like Sunburn). And I wish they would have went with Stockholm over New Born. Also, they shouldn't alternate Map and Hysteria, they should play BOTH. Seriously, both are great songs.

Though the songs I didn't like from the 2nd Law were more fun live. I really dislike Follow Me but it worked live. Same with Unsustainable. And Survival was actually a bit of fun too, though its kind of a weak closer.

IMO, they should have both Hysteria and Map as regulars, alternate between PiB and New Born for the roulette spot, and close with Survival into Stockholm

Unless I decide to go to ACL (or I somehow get into a SXSW show), this is probably the last time I catch them on this tour. But it was definitely a fun show and I don't regret going. I'm kind of sad that the only new songs I saw at this gig were the 2nd Law songs.

Well, this being my FIRST time to ever see them live, I have only one complaint. They didn't play Sunburn, Uno, or Plug in Baby. But I had a fantastic time, met some amazing people, and met their head of security? (An Aussie with an amazing attitude and just a great nice guy)

Here's my photo set (I alternated photos with headbanging, singing along, dancing, and just generally having the TIME of my LIFE!!!)

I posted to my Tumblr (thebeadmuse) about the show, but I decided not to be disappointed because it was my first time ever seeing them (been a fan since I was 15, I'm 24 now,) and I had a great time meeting people and seeing the group. I had hoped to meet them but they rushed out apparently. We waited for 3 hours after and then the security guy came out. He was super polite, unlike their RUDE roadie/set crew.

Anyway. I borrowed a friend's camera, the Toyota center doesn't allow anything more than a point and shoot, so the pics were difficult to get. I finally got the camera programmed well enough about 1/3 of the way through the set. I hate borrowing weird cameras. haha.

Hope you all enjoy the pictures, and for those people who were there too, YAY!!

Well, this being my FIRST time to ever see them live, I have only one complaint. They didn't play Sunburn, Uno, or Plug in Baby. But I had a fantastic time, met some amazing people, and met their head of security? (An Aussie with an amazing attitude and just a great nice guy)

Here's my photo set (I alternated photos with headbanging, singing along, dancing, and just generally having the TIME of my LIFE!!!)

I posted to my Tumblr (thebeadmuse) about the show, but I decided not to be disappointed because it was my first time ever seeing them (been a fan since I was 15, I'm 24 now,) and I had a great time meeting people and seeing the group. I had hoped to meet them but they rushed out apparently. We waited for 3 hours after and then the security guy came out. He was super polite, unlike their RUDE roadie/set crew.

Anyway. I borrowed a friend's camera, the Toyota center doesn't allow anything more than a point and shoot, so the pics were difficult to get. I finally got the camera programmed well enough about 1/3 of the way through the set. I hate borrowing weird cameras. haha.

Hope you all enjoy the pictures, and for those people who were there too, YAY!!

I'm glad you had a great time! I don't know the last time they played Uno though. But I was def hoping for Sunburn at least because I knew PiB wasn't happening. but oh well, it gives me hope for future gigs:LOL:

Setlist was pretty ugly. No Hysteria, Animals, Sunburn or Stockholm. New Born isn't really good live anymore.

This is from a first time concert-goer.

I've been a fan for nearly 9 full years, I thought it was 7 then thought about it..h aha.. it's longer than that.

I've missed EVERY show in Texas because of funds, time, work, or inability to get tickets. It's literally been miserable. So as someone who just saw them live for the first time, I had an amazing time, met great fans and new friends, and got to see a great performance. While I do wish a few more songs were on the setlist, I noticed that the crowd seemed to have a lot of repeat concert goers.. and as someone who has never had the opportunity to see them, I get the feeling those who see them a lot have a tendency to take their presence and their performance for granted. Who knows if I will ever get to see them perform again? I don't. So instead of being disappointed that they didn't play Sunburn or UNO as I'd hoped, I would rather celebrate that they played NB and Supremacy, Undisclosed Desires, and Panic Station. I had a fantastic time, and they put on a great show.

So sick of hearing people who have gone multiple times bashing because they didn't get what they want. It's rather sad to me that so many take their multiple opportunities to see this fantastic group for granted.

I'm glad you had a great time! I don't know the last time they played Uno though. But I was def hoping for Sunburn at least because I knew PiB wasn't happening. but oh well, it gives me hope for future gigs:LOL:

Thanks! I just hope I get to see them again. Maybe I'll travel to Europe to see them and have vacation in the next 3 years. I hope our life straightens out and we can save for that kind of trip!

I had a blast. I was rather disgusted by all of those complaining about the set. Yeah... we missed some good songs.. But stop taking the show for granted! Some of us are just glad we got to go! :LOL: I guess I just get annoyed by those who have more opportunities and money to go to gigs, and all they do is complain about them. :rolleyes:

Thanks! I just hope I get to see them again. Maybe I'll travel to Europe to see them and have vacation in the next 3 years. I hope our life straightens out and we can save for that kind of trip!

I had a blast. I was rather disgusted by all of those complaining about the set. Yeah... we missed some good songs.. But stop taking the show for granted! Some of us are just glad we got to go! :LOL: I guess I just get annoyed by those who have more opportunities and money to go to gigs, and all they do is complain about them. :rolleyes:

I hope you get to see them many more times!

I totally agree. I don't understand it either to be honest. If you're going to spend the money enjoy it or don't go. I've been a fan for a decade, seen them 4 times in 4 years and I'm always dying for the next show (I wish I were in the Dallas queue right now!). Each gig just makes me want to see them more and more. I will see them play whatever the hell they want to be honest.:LOL:

Don't let the comments take away from your experience! My first time seeing them they were opening for U2 and everyone thought I was crazy since obviously everyone in GA was there for U2, but it didn't phase me.

Slight O/T I don't know where you were but a bit behind me there was a kid texting with his face glued to his phone during the set..I looked at him completely baffled. Why spend the cash if you're not even going to watch them play?

I thought it was fucking fantastic but it was Muse so that's to be expected. I feel like the '10 crowd had a better energy though. I am sad they didn't play Hysteria, SS or PiB. :(

But still...overall I had a great time and I wish I were queuing up for Dallas.

We definitely had a ton of energy. I remember the crowd for Knights of Cydonia...that was legendary. But yeah, no Hysteria, SS or PiB? I'd be disappointed. That was my first Muse show though and the first time I'd ever been that close to the barrier so I'll never be able to surpass that, though.

19 songs for a major market is unacceptable.

I'm looking forward to tonight, though.

I hope you get to see them many more times!

I totally agree. I don't understand it either to be honest. If you're going to spend the money enjoy it or don't go. I've been a fan for a decade, seen them 4 times in 4 years and I'm always dying for the next show (I wish I were in the Dallas queue right now!). Each gig just makes me want to see them more and more. I will see them play whatever the hell they want to be honest.:LOL:

Don't let the comments take away from your experience! My first time seeing them they were opening for U2 and everyone thought I was crazy since obviously everyone in GA was there for U2, but it didn't phase me.

Slight O/T I don't know where you were but a bit behind me there was a kid texting with his face glued to his phone during the set..I looked at him completely baffled. Why spend the cash if you're not even going to watch them play?

My husband and I are planning now.. I hope they come on another tour, but I know it's only when they release CDs usually. heh. And they're gonna need a break!

I loved it. I had a camera, My husband manned the phone. We took photos and he took videos of the show. It was fantastic. I was SO glad to have a few videos to save for my daughter to see, she's 2.5 but she LOVES their music too! haha.

I just thought it was rather ridiculous to see people there just... standing. I mean, how can you NOT throw your hands in the air and fist pump to Supremacy? or NB? *SHRUG* haha.

I'm so excited still, and it is over with. ahhhhhhh I have to relive it in my mind!

New guy here, but after last night and seeing this board here I just had to join. I am assuming that band members from Muse will never see this, but that's okay. I still want to show my support.

Let me start off by saying Muse has always been kind of special for me. My ex girlfriend lives in London. We met Online actually. We dated five years before we finally met each other. Met her in December of 2011. It was amazing. I loved her and I loved England. So I always had a thing for British bands or anything British, really. Since I was madly in love with her. Without going into too much details or boring everyone here, the point is that Muse has a special place for me and being able to see them last night was amazing.

This was pretty much my first "BIG" rock concert. They did an incredible job. I don't get why anyone is complaining about the setlist. The setlist, in my eyes, couldn't have been better. The thing you have to understand is everyone has a different taste in musEic. Just because you like a particular song or list of songs, doesn't mean everyone would prefer that. Really, it's Muse, so you can't really go wrong, but I thought the setlist was really outstanding. I loved it immensely. In a very depressing time for me it was a great reprieve. Though I must admit, all the British folks around me had me a bit depressed (remembering the past and such), but all in all it was an amazing experience. I thank Muse so much for putting on such a great show. The crowd honestly wasn't as energized as I would have hoped, but I made up for it. Hope to see you guys again, and you can take my money all you want. Matt and the rest of the gang, you guys were awesome.

I hope most everyone that went enjoyed the show.

We definitely had a ton of energy. I remember the crowd for Knights of Cydonia...that was legendary. But yeah, no Hysteria, SS or PiB? I'd be disappointed. That was my first Muse show though and the first time I'd ever been that close to the barrier so I'll never be able to surpass that, though.

19 songs for a major market is unacceptable.

I'm looking forward to tonight, though.

I do wish we'd gotten more songs, 21 would be ideal, but 20 at least. It went by so quickly :(

Haha damn that was the perfect show for a first Muse show!

My husband and I are planning now.. I hope they come on another tour, but I know it's only when they release CDs usually. heh. And they're gonna need a break!

I loved it. I had a camera, My husband manned the phone. We took photos and he took videos of the show. It was fantastic. I was SO glad to have a few videos to save for my daughter to see, she's 2.5 but she LOVES their music too! haha.

I just thought it was rather ridiculous to see people there just... standing. I mean, how can you NOT throw your hands in the air and fist pump to Supremacy? or NB? *SHRUG* haha.

I'm so excited still, and it is over with. ahhhhhhh I have to relive it in my mind!

Just keep your eyes open, sometimes they play random shows/festivals. In '09 they played Holiday Havoc in Vegas and we flew out for that even though they weren't on their own headlining tour (although they were the headliner for that show). Yeah, I don't get the point of that either, why get GA tickets to just stand there? lol

New guy here, but after last night and seeing this board here I just had to join. I am assuming that band members from Muse will never see this, but that's okay. I still want to show my support.

Let me start off by saying Muse has always been kind of special for me. My ex girlfriend lives in London. We met Online actually. We dated five years before we finally met each other. Met her in December of 2011. It was amazing. I loved her and I loved England. So I always had a thing for British bands or anything British, really. Since I was madly in love with her. Without going into too much details or boring everyone here, the point is that Muse has a special place for me and being able to see them last night was amazing.

This was pretty much my first "BIG" rock concert. They did an incredible job. I don't get why anyone is complaining about the setlist. The setlist, in my eyes, couldn't have been better. The thing you have to understand is everyone has a different taste in musEic. Just because you like a particular song or list of songs, doesn't mean everyone would prefer that. Really, it's Muse, so you can't really go wrong, but I thought the setlist was really outstanding. I loved it immensely. In a very depressing time for me it was a great reprieve. Though I must admit, all the British folks around me had me a bit depressed (remembering the past and such), but all in all it was an amazing experience. I thank Muse so much for putting on such a great show. The crowd honestly wasn't as energized as I would have hoped, but I made up for it. Hope to see you guys again, and you can take my money all you want. Matt and the rest of the gang, you guys were awesome.

I hope most everyone that went enjoyed the show.

Welcome! Glad you had a good time! I definitely agree, Muse can have all my money I will see them play as much as possible.

Archived