2013.03.12 - Toyota Center, Houston, TX, US

Vile

I have to post. I'm so excited.

I've been to 3 concerts (general) my whole life.. lol. I was 2 at my first one. Don't remember it. and the others were spare tickets that someone had. Kiss when I was a teen and Cinderella when I was 22. They weren't bad concerts. But nobody EVER had spare tickets when Muse was in town :LOL: and I wanted to buy them myself. The first time my parents wouldn't let me use my own money in savings from working at Texas Renaissance Festival to buy the tickets because "a concert in houston is too dangerous for a 16 year old."

The second time.. I was so broke it wasn't funny, and had JUST found out my job was going to be lost.

And the last time (Resistance tour) I missed it because we were both really REALLY broke after we got married.. and just couldn't make the money work..

Before Christmas, My husband went into our savings and withdrew half of it.. literally.. I was appalled until he told me "Use it to buy any Muse tickets you want." on Christmas Eve.

I nearly passed out from excitement. He told me if I couldn't get good seats with the regular ticket price, to go ahead and buy VIP.. and I nearly gagged.. but I looked on every ticket website I could find, and they all wanted ridiculous amounts for good seats..

I figure, if I'm gonna shell out $200 or more per seat, I'm going to go VIP.. so I did.

There are moments where I seriously wish I hadn't paid so much.. and moments where I'm so damned excited I could pee myself. I can't believe I'm finally getting to see them, and I'm hoping I get the chance to meet them! My husband is going with me too, and I'm hoping he will be okay with waiting around to meet them after the show.. lol. I just hope we can save enough to actually afford to merch shop a bit.. I'm planning to make a cool T-Shirt too... dunno yet.

I'm not sure about any of this! It's my first Muse concert, my first concert at the Toyota center. I did get VIP tix and I will be there earlier than the show starts. But I'm ... *clueless* about a few things.

1) I guess we will have someone drop us off?

2) Are cameras allowed, and what are the limits? I just inherited a camera because mine is le-broken and it has a HUGE removeable lens and a regular lens (that is dusty as all heck).

3) Does anyone know what merchandise usually runs at. Shirts and the like. We're trying to save for merch. :)

Thanks ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I have already purchased airfair, hotel, car rental, and VIP tickets for the show in Florida and they decided to come to Houston. I want to get tickets to the houston show but I wouldnt have anyone to go with :-( Only friend I had that would have loved to go with me is not my friend anymore and i'm sure he'll be there....My friend that is going with me to Florida is not really a fan of Muse just a fan of me :p ...I asked him and he all like "why you want to go see the same show twice". Im all like, "because I'm a stalker and have a better chace of getting a auto-graph(s) if I vip both Houston and Florida. He all like, we already spent about 3grand already on the trip to Florida. This will be atleast another 600 if you VIP. I'm like Oh, "does that mean your not going". LMaO WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY Oh WHYYyyyyyyy. Need more friends, my only girl friend is 7mon pregnant and don't even listen to rock music all together.:mad: ....I'm fustrated.

• 2 weeks later...
I want youR tx <3 Muse shirt

Now.

I will be seeing them in Houston.. and I want that shirt. I should just make one though.. lol

I guess I'll beg JD to budget for a shirt or make a shirt.

Sorry I hadn't been on this thread in awhile, so thank you. Me and my sisters had those shirts specially made when we saw them at Lollapalooza. And we mostly be wearing the same design for this next gig. I hope they remember us for it. :happy:

As for merch prices I would say something like $25 or $30 a shirt?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really regretting the decision to see Muse in Dallas (attend UNT) instead of my hometown. Horrible city, usually has terrible crowds and there's nobody on the thread. Oh well. Too late. If any city had a chance of getting Dead Star, it's probably Houston, not Dallas. :(

I'm really regretting the decision to see Muse in Dallas (attend UNT) instead of my hometown. Horrible city, usually has terrible crowds and there's nobody on the thread. Oh well. Too late. If any city had a chance of getting Dead Star, it's probably Houston, not Dallas. :(

Look at the bright side--you're seeing Muse live! :D:D Right now I can't make it to any of their shows. They're just too far away and don't work with my teaching schedule. But I've heard rumors of another US leg of the tour in the Fall, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)

We're not camping out - we're leaving around 5:00 am from Baton Rouge so we should get there around 8:00 - 8:30 am. Not exactly camping out but we'll be waiting in line all day. We were there for the 2010 show!

Ha ha yeah that's what I meant. We'll probably be there at the crack of dawn, not sure yet. That's awesome you were there in '10 too.

Anyone else camping out? Wish some of the people from the '10 show would be around. It was a fun time.

I'm attending the show in Dallas, this time. i have seats this time, though. It was so much fun! Wish I could meet up with y'all again, though!

I'm attending the show in Dallas, this time. i have seats this time, though. It was so much fun! Wish I could meet up with y'all again, though!

Aww too bad. Wish the whole crew would be there again haha. So far I know only me and my sister and Olga are going. Have fun in Dallas!

I bought 2 GA tickets, but now my brother isn't coming. Does anyone know someone that still needs a ticket? I'm taking the whole day off work so I can line up early. I don't know what is a good time to get there. I went to the 2010 show, but didn't get there until 3:00 PM. Any suggestions?

I'll be the one with two kids, all of us in Muse shirts :LOL: Feel free to say hi!

I'm so excited I can't wait. Saw them last time in Houston and it was a fantastic show! But I was GA and all by myself. This year I had no way to guarantee my kids would have someone to stay with so I just bought them tickets. No way am I missing Muse!

This will be the 2nd time my 8yr old has seen them, and 1st for my 6yr old. I'm hoping they remember how awesome Muse is forever :D

Take heart...the thread for the Tulsa show at BOK Center (last night) was very inactive ...and the show was great...and the crowd was solid. MUSE is da bomb.

Just got the GREAT news that the brilliant person who bought my tickets, bought them for section 103!

WOW! I AM LITERALLY SITTING BEHIND THE STAGE!

Now, I'm in hysterics because the one thing that I've been waiting almost 3 years for (I was already let down by this person for not getting GA tickets) I WON'T EVEN GET TO FUCKING SEE.

See you guys tomorrow.

Just got the GREAT news that the brilliant person who bought my tickets, bought them for section 103!

WOW! I AM LITERALLY SITTING BEHIND THE STAGE!

Now, I'm in hysterics because the one thing that I've been waiting almost 3 years for (I was already let down by this person for not getting GA tickets) I WON'T EVEN GET TO FUCKING SEE.

I don't want to sound like too much of a dick, but maybe you should be grateful that you're even going and that your friend bought the tickets for you? Food for thought.

Archived