Do you like Explorers?  

414 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Explorers?

• Yes
    • No
    • What?

Such a slow and boring song, none of the brilliance of RBS or Space Dementia. So many better tracks to play on piano live! I always skip as it drags on too long...!

Would be devastated if this got played at Perth arena this year...

I don't find RBS very fast.

Explorers it's great. It's just shit live. Actually I probably wouldn't even think it's shit live if it wasn't for the fact that it preceded a rarity so instead of paying attention to it I spent the entire time thinking "just end already so I can get Sunburn or RBS".

It's not about grammar, it's about saying you'd be ok with it live if it didn't precede a rarity.

I didn't say I'd be okay live if it didn't precede a rarity - I said I probably wouldn't think it's shit live if it didn't precede a rarity (I could still have been bored by it) - and I explained my reasoning for that.

I agree with some of the posts here. Explorers is a great song, but it's not good live. Some songs are 'adequate' to be played live, while others not. I noticied when a song is not good live is automatically called shit by some people in this forum.

And from my point of view some music is fantastic to be enjoyed in a arena in a gig while other is good to listen in house and appreciate all its details.

But I don't see how anything else except Explorers should influence your perception of the song live.

It makes a lot of sense really.

If you experience something great, what will come after will most probably seem worse than it actually is.

I don't find RBS very fast.

Yeah but better piano work, more theatre heart and emotion, I dunno, I just absolutely love it. Whereas explorers...I have tried so hard to like it...but just drags on and I don't connect with the lyrics. Just feels like a filler track...very un muse like! I love my passion driven piano songs full of thunder like space dementia and apocalypse please!

Or even sunburn for that matter.

Just shouldn't be on a live set list again after T2L tour wraps up...I'd rather sooner hear big freeze or save me, and they're terrible.

EDIT: This is a bit harsh sounding; I adore all muse's stuff, just some nowhere near as much as others :p

• 6 months later...

Archived