The stereo jack can be used just as a connector so the battery is only engaged when a lead in plugged in, or you can wire it to split the signal so the piezo goes to one side and the mag goes to the other. That way you could split the signal to separate amps I guess.

I was a bit annoyed that there didn't see to be a way to wire the mags so they bypass the piezo circuit. I was hoping it was still be usable without a battery. That said the battery is mine lasted years.

There is definitely an option for a bypass switch to achieve just that though - just having it on mine via a push pull on the magnetic volume knob, even though the battery lasts ages anyway as you say - just in case of emergencies really. Having the same battery powering the piezo and the fuzz factory because they both last so long, haha!

There is definitely an option for a bypass switch to achieve just that though - just having it on mine via a push pull on the magnetic volume knob, even though the battery lasts ages anyway as you say - just in case of emergencies really. Having the same battery powering the piezo and the fuzz factory because they both last so long, haha!

are all of the knobs push pull mechanisms? you got a mid/dark one? i quite like it.

Thanks, haha! The middle man looks and sounds about right to me, haha!

are all of the knobs push pull mechanisms? you got a mid/dark one? i quite like it.

Magnetic volume is push pull piezo bypass, piezo volume is push push (I think - just how it's made - might be wrong but not sure) mid/dark switch, MIDI volume doesn't have anything extra because it's a different type of mechanism or something for the MIDI so it's a lot harder to get another function on that type of knob - otherwise I would have done, haha! I did originally intend for the piezo bypass to be on the MIDI volume knob, but for whatever reason, it either couldn't be done or would have been a lot of hassle or something, so it got moved over to the magnetic volume knob instead, where I think I'd been planning on having a coil tap which was sacrificed from that - can't remember the specific details about it, but something to do with the type of knob the MIDI volume control needs being different to regular volume knobs in various ways.

Found it! E-mail dated 31st May 2011, tells you just how long this has all been going on, haha, as I was already in contact with Mansons about it by this point! I think I first got in touch with Mansons about it on 20th May 2011, though I'd already been doing a bit of researching for a while leading up to that, and this message was from contact with Graph Tech, just finalising everything before I got the ball rolling. I think my bridge was originally bought on 12th July 2011, haha! Anyway, here's the explanation about the MIDI volume knob.

It would be possible, but the MIDI volume is ideally a 250K linear, which you are never going to find as a push/pull. You could substitute it with a 250K Audio, which would work but mid volume wouldn’t be at mid scale.

So basically, from that, I moved the piezo bypass over to the magnetic volume knob and scrapped the idea of having a coil tap - not like I'm not going to have enough tone options as it is really though.

Maybe that's an update, my old one didn't have the option as far as I remember.

so i'm assuming the bypass switch will kill the piezo dead when you activate it, leaving the magnetic to play away.

might get one on the magnetic vol knob...

Well, yep, it just redirects the magnetic signal without it ever encountering the piezo circuit I think, so you lose the piezo sound completely when activated. Normally they're blended together into a stereo signal I believe, which can then be blended again into a mono signal if you just use a mono cable at the jack. If you bypass it, it just means if the piezo battery goes, you can keep using your magnetic signal, or if you think the magnetic signal is being coloured by the piezo too much, you could do it for that, though I don't think there's meant to be an audible difference particularly.

Edit ~

I have 3 e-mails next to each other in my inbox that together in the subject line read "Good news", "The arrival", and "Bridge" - if I didn't already know Mansons had it, I'd wonder if it was trying to tell me something, haha!

Haha, no, guys, it was nothing to do with the guitar! :LOL:

I had one e-mail from someone called "good news", another from someone else called "the arrival", and then there was the last one from Mansons called "bridge" - it just made me chuckle that they were all together, haha! I know Mansons have the bridge anyway and supposedly Tim was going to be testing it at some point, but given that I'm not going to be there to receive it when it's finished, I'm guessing it's not top of their priorities at the moment.

I had one e-mail from someone called "good news", another from someone else called "the arrival", and then there was the last one from Mansons called "bridge" - it just made me chuckle that they were all together, haha! I know Mansons have the bridge anyway and supposedly Tim was going to be testing it at some point, but given that I'm not going to be there to receive it when it's finished, I'm guessing it's not top of their priorities at the moment.

yup, those piezo models aren't going to true bypass themselves.

That's a bit disappointing, but then I should have known... I don't think I've ever received three emails in a row from them. Receiving one is almost as exciting as when you post! I received two in a row recently, which is like when you post twice in a row. :pope:

I did get an update on all my stuff a couple of days ago. Sounds like the tele I got from sherpa_man will be done first.

Haha, you're too kind - I'll drop them an e-mail next week if I don't hear back before just to see what they say. Not expecting them to be rushing to finish, but it would be nice to know if it all works at last.

Archived