How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

Ask yourself this:

If you had the control over the volume when Survival was played in front of everyone you know... would you turn the volume down on the final note?

Probably not cause everyone would be like "why'd you turn down the volume on the last note?"

Matt doing a chest note an octave lower(G#4) would have been sooo much better. And he could have done it live to make up for the Bb4 earlier in the song that he will most certainly avoid.

As in 'I'm gonna win' all the same note? Idk I like it because it's already a mental song, might as well go all the way

Again: if the song didn't have that last note, it would have been way better. It's still great though.

This. TBH it's just the way he sings it. If it was more like the high shout he does earlier in the song over that riff then I don't think I'd mind.

Matt doing a chest note an octave lower(G#4) would have been sooo much better. And he could have done it live to make up for the Bb4 earlier in the song that he will most certainly avoid.

Whereas for me it's the cherry on the cake. I wonder where it will go without that last note.

I would have been really ok with just the massive riffage and chorus ending.

Which will no doubt be how they'll finish it on tour :awesome:

I would have been really ok with just the massive riffage and chorus ending.

Which will no doubt be how they'll finish it on tour :awesome:

Or just do a Stockholm Syndrome and go "AND I'M GONNA WI-" before going into a heavy riff and leaving the mic.

Ask yourself this:

If you had the control over the volume when Survival was played in front of everyone you know... would you turn the volume down on the final note?

No. If anything I would turn down the volume on the middle bit when Matt shouts "I'm going to wiiiiiiiiiiin" before the rocky bit.

No, the choir is alright. And Matt doesn't "ruin" it, it's just that the final note is useless and cringey.

I didn't say Matt ruins it, I actually don't think the choir does either, but I don't know how to say this..

Basically I'd prefer the final note without the choir:p

Or just do a Stockholm Syndrome and go "AND I'M GONNA WI-" before going into a heavy riff and leaving the mic.

This :awesome:

No. If anything I would turn down the volume on the middle bit when Matt shouts "I'm going to wiiiiiiiiiiin" before the rocky bit.

It's probably the best part of the song :erm:

edit: and one of the best vocals by matt ever

I'm used to it now, but initially I thought it was a bit ear piercing. It's kind of like "Ressssissstannnnce" - a bit unnecessary I thought at first to shout/sing, but then if that's how they like it...I got used to it.

You found that and the Resistance shout unnecessary, but the ending Survival' falsetto not unnecessary? :LOL:

I'm used to it now, but initially I thought it was a bit ear piercing. It's kind of like "Ressssissstannnnce" - a bit unnecessary I thought at first to shout/sing, but then if that's how they like it...I got used to it.

You're breaking my heart:'(

Archived