How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

So Team GB rakes in the gold medals like nobody's business this weekend. The words 'I'm gonna win' have never been more apt as they have in the past 24 hours. And... nada. The song doesn't appear anywhere. Not sure how it can be claimed that Survival is the official song of the Olympics when it's never used. How else is an official song for an event of this scale meant to be used if not with the coverage of the sports?! Feels like a huge fail to me :p.

You heard it once =/= it's not been played much. :p

Well since the Olympics is wall to wall coverage, I think it would be difficult to miss tbh, if it had been played to the extent it should be for an official song.

The only thing I can think, and I am sure this is not the reason it hasn't been played, is that the song could actually detract from the British victories. Afterall the song is very much about the dark side of competition, whereas we are supposed to be in to how wonderful it all is. BUT if that's the case they should have never have chosen it.

Hmm I do feel a little miffed on behalf of Muse but they have got such a lot to look forward to, it probably isn't bothering them.

So Team GB rakes in the gold medals like nobody's business this weekend. The words 'I'm gonna win' have never been more apt as they have in the past 24 hours. And... nada. The song doesn't appear anywhere. Not sure how it can be claimed that Survival is the official song of the Olympics when it's never used. How else is an official song for an event of this scale meant to be used if not with the coverage of the sports?! Feels like a huge fail to me :p.

It is being used before every event! All 80,000 people in the stadium heard it last night before we claimed 3 golds :) it is annoying that the BBC haven't shown it but I promise you, it is being played in those stadiums

Believe me it IS being played. For me in the UK, the BBC cannot cover every event on their main channels, especially not the short time before the events when the athletes enter the arena or event site. However, on the red button service, the cameras are rolling a long time before the event starts, and the song is being played. It just so happens that Survival is played before the BBC cuts to the scheduled event. Numerous times i have been watching gymnastics, hockey, volleyball and water polo on the red button service and i have heard the song being played. I'm sick of Chariots of Fire during medal ceremonies, but surely that is more fitting that a new song that has no history when the games are considered. Sorry for rambling on, I just wanted to let everyone know it is being played, no need to be angry/upset about it

It is being used before every event! All 80,000 people in the stadium heard it last night before we claimed 3 golds :) it is annoying that the BBC haven't shown it but I promise you, it is being played in those stadiums

BAA, you got there before me :LOL:

That's really not enough, to be honest. Fine, people in the venue can hear it, but most people in the UK are watching it from their TVs. That's where the most exposure is to the Games, so I can't understand the lack of it being played during or after coverage as the Official Song to the Olympics.

For feck's sake, yesterday was PERFECT for it: SIX Team GB gold medals, plus today adds another two gold, two silver and a bronze. They're gonna fucking win! :LOL: You couldn't find more suitable lyrics over recap coverage if you tried, right BBC? Oh no, wait. We'll play the Eurythmics instead :facepalm:

Lack of BBC channels is a shite excuse as the Beeb has 24 channels devoted EXCLUSIVELY to Olympic coverage. My dad's been watching them religiously for the past few days and I haven't heard the song once on any of the channels. It's a ridiculous flop.

Believe me it IS being played. For me in the UK, the BBC cannot cover every event on their main channels, especially not the short time before the events when the athletes enter the arena or event site. However, on the red button service, the cameras are rolling a long time before the event starts, and the song is being played. It just so happens that Survival is played before the BBC cuts to the scheduled event. Numerous times i have been watching gymnastics, hockey, volleyball and water polo on the red button service and i have heard the song being played. I'm sick of Chariots of Fire during medal ceremonies, but surely that is more fitting that a new song that has no history when the games are considered. Sorry for rambling on, I just wanted to let everyone know it is being played, no need to be angry/upset about it

Oh well that's all right then. Though it would still be better if it was more prominent on the TV.

Oh well that's all right then. Though it would still be better if it was more prominent on the TV.

What more do you want, it's official, it is being played AND they are playing at the closing ceremony, not to mention 2 of their songs were featured in the opening ceremony. TV channels don't have to show the song being played

Sorry to sound blunt, i replied before i saw your edit

I heard that it will be played in closing cerm.

any chance for their live show?

Yep. This is why I'm not bothered about it not being on tv. To be honest, in a selfish way I'm happy. Id rather people see it in its full glory, with the video and atmosphere and crowd (and when they do it live) so they can't help but think 'man that was epic' than hear it constantly on the tv, get sick of it and complain. Plus it's not as if we can't hear it whenever we want

Yep. This is why I'm not bothered about it not being on tv. To be honest, in a selfish way I'm happy. Id rather people see it in its full glory, with the video and atmosphere and crowd (and when they do it live) so they can't help but think 'man that was epic' than hear it constantly on the tv, get sick of it and complain. Plus it's not as if we can't hear it whenever we want

That is soo true. I was so sick of waka-waka 2 years ago. Even more than those morbid trumpets.

That is soo true. I was so sick of waka-waka 2 years ago. Even more than those morbid trumpets.

Ahh that song! I found that I hated the elbow song 'one day like this' when it was over played at the 2008 Olympics. I hadn't ever heard of elbow even. Then I heard the whole song with guy singing and I really like it now. It goes to show you need to hear the whole thing to appreciate stuff sometimes and that's why I'm gla survival isn't being constantly played :happy:

Archived