TeignmouthBen PMed me this:

This is what I'm trying to post on the forum, maybe you can do it for me..? Maybe it's too long or something..

OK, so I typed a massively long reply and now it's totally disappeared which has pissed me off even more! Didn't think that could be possible!! How annoying. But I'll attempt to sum up what I had written down previously..

First of all the chat in this thread is very upsetting and rather annoying. It's a bit naive to talk about me like I won't even read this! I've used the site for a long time, more as a lurker, but would like to add that I signed up back in 2009 so it's not like I just opened an account to start conning people out of their money. I'm just glad nobody has done something stupid like post my address / mobile number - although you've probably been sharing it around amongst yourself in private PM's which is worrying and has made my partner cry continuously all afternoon.

Some of the stuff is rather over the top (including threatening to come to my house and breaking me knee caps). Especially as all I've done is sell 5 tickets and when I own 8 I don't see anything wrong with that. I didn't force any into doing anything they didn't want. I gave over a shed load of information.. Name, Address, Mobile, Bank Details and even emailed the booking confirmation and said I'd email proof of being succesful in the ballot too. Comments from members about being dodgy about taking a Bank Transfer? Hmmmmm, no. The reason I didn't take PayPal is because 1) It charges fees and 2) I was stung on it before and lost over £300 so I'm NEVER using it again.

The most upsetting thing is I advertised my tickets on here to repay a good deed someone did for me before and now all I've got is loads of hassle. I'll admit I was a bit stupid in the way I dealt with some of you but I wanted to tell people that the tickets were available until it was confirmed that monies had been sent because in my experience you're likely to end up getting messed around as people will 'want' tickets but won't have the means to pay for them.

Part 2

I always said I had EIGHT tickets - this was in my original MuseBay advert. If you actually wait and see they'll be plenty of people who post saying that I told them tickets were SOLD, even when they were offering me more than face value. A girl I was emailing said she was buying them on behalf of a moderator so maybe he / she can confirm just that. She was actually very upset that I had no tickets to sell her and was saying she'd wire the money straight away so if that's not proof that I'm not conning people then I don't know what is.

I got four tickets in the ballot and then we managed to pick up four in the general sale (which we didn't need!). The reason I sold 5 is because my brothers wife has realised the gig clashes with her Mum's Birthday so she pulled out and now my partner might pull out due to the lack of female company so I actually need to organise a sale of six tickets. The sad thing is they'll probably end up on eBay and genuine fans who can't afford ridiculous prices miss out. Granted it probably confused people and got them worried but seeing as I had plenty of genuine fans contacting me about the tickets and wanting to buy them I gave them that chance rather than tell them a long winded story about how I now had more than 4 tickets to sell.. "Oh I did have four for sale but now I have 5 etc etc" because I know that hand on heart if you buy a ticket from me you'll get just that.

Anyway! Grrrrrr. At least I've had my rant and once again I'm sorry if some of you have been upset but rest assured nobody is getting ripped off. I haven't even been able to go to the bank and check that any money has been received but as soon as I do I'll be returning it in full to anyone who doesn't trust me. Thanks

Well when people are threatening to break your knee caps it would be nice to get the chance to reply.. No? I tried PM'ing you my post. Thanks

I'm sorry if you've been upset by all this. Things did look a bit fishy and when people are handing over hundreds of pounds to some random person on the Internet you can't blame them for being cautious.

For what it's worth I do now think you're genuine. If you were a real scammer you wouldn't have responded to emails/texts and wouldn't have bothered trying to explain.

Thanks for posting what I PM'd you, appreciate it. Might even forgive you for suggesting that someone should break me knee caps! :eek:

I'm sorry if you've been upset by all this. Things did look a bit fishy and when people are handing over hundreds of pounds to some random person on the Internet you can't blame them for being cautious.

For what it's worth I do now think you're genuine. If you were a real scammer you wouldn't have responded to emails/texts and wouldn't have bothered trying to explain.

Glad to hear it all sorted on both sides.

Why won't this let me post and respond?

The reason why your long posts didn't show is because they are awaiting moderation i.e. waiting for a member of the mod team to approve them. It is a system we have when people post for the 1st time: if it's a very long post or if it has web link they are up for moderation just to make sure they are from genuine people and not spambot. It's a something for all new posts so it had something to do with the content.

I can validate them for you so they appear or you delete them whatever you prefer.

As what I had to say has now been posted feel free to delete. Oh and thanks for the explanation. Appreciate it! :)

Glad to hear it all sorted on both sides.

The reason why your long posts didn't show is because they are awaiting moderation i.e. waiting for a member of the mod team to approve them. It is a system we have when people post for the 1st time: if it's a very long post or if it has web link they are up for moderation just to make sure they are from genuine people and not spambot. It's a something for all new posts so it had something to do with the content.

I can validate them for you so they appear or you delete them whatever you prefer.

As what I had to say has now been posted feel free to delete. Oh and thanks for the explanation. Appreciate it! :)

No worries will do. If you ever have any questions about this messageboard just feel free to PM myself or any other members of the mod team.

Archived