Is Matt lazy live with his vocals?

Nipso

Yes, I'm starting to think I'm not a good fan because I don't give a shit about most of the things people complain about :p

Uhm...I don't think you understood what I said.

From your posts it seems as you don't agree that it doesn't matter if Matt hits some off notes here and there, as long as he tries.

And then my question is, if you don't agree that it's okay for Matt to hit off notes, then you can't be a very big fan of Muse live. Because Matt is quite off on a lot of occasions, especially during the early years.

Uhm...I don't think you understood what I said.

From your posts it seems as you don't agree that it doesn't matter if Matt hits some off notes here and there, as long as he tries.

And then my question is, if you don't agree that it's okay for Matt to hit off notes, then you can't be a very big fan of Muse live. Because Matt is quite off on a lot of occasions, especially during the early years.

I don't care if Matt hits some odd notes here and there that's part of the live show, but If he knows he is going to fail trying to hit certain notes and decides to go for the easy way, making sure it sounds good, I'm not going to mind either.

People complain because of that, because he plays it safe by doing something he knows it's not going to sound bad, it's ok, but imagine the opposite, that he doesn't give a shit and goes for those hard notes every night, failing most of the time. Are you sure people wouldn't be complaining about it? Do you really think that people would be like "give him some slack, at least he is trying"?... I've been on this board quite some time to know that wouldn't happen :chuckle:

Not sure if I made my point clearer now :)

I don't care if Matt hits some odd notes here and there that's part of the live show, but If he knows he is going to fail trying to hit certain notes and decides to go for the easy way, making sure it sounds good, I'm not going to mind either.

People complains because of that, because he plays it safe by doing something he knows it's not going to sound bad, it's ok, but imagine the opposite, that he doesn't give a shit and goes for those hard notes every night, failing most of the time. Are you sure people wouldn't be complaining about it? Do you really think that people would be like "give him some slack, at least he is trying"?... I've been on this board quite some time to know that wouldn't happen :chuckle:

You mean like the final note in Resistance?

....oh wait.

People complains because of that, because he plays it safe by doing something he knows it's not going to sound bad, it's ok, but imagine the opposite, that he doesn't give a shit and goes for those hard notes every night, failing most of the time. Are you sure people wouldn't be complaining about it? Do you really think that people would be like "give him some slack, at least he is trying"?... I've been on this board quite some time to know that wouldn't happen :chuckle:

But that's exactly what he used to do. I don't think I've heard a single performance of Hyper Music where he didn't fail or cop out majorly on some point. he did this every night, and still they were called one of the best live bands around.

But that's exactly what he used to do. I don't think I've heard a single performance of Hyper Music where he didn't fail or cop out majorly on some point. he did this every night, and still they were called one of the best live bands around.

Well, I hated Hyper Music's live version because of his singing, so... :p

At the end is a matter of taste.

Well, I hated Hyper Music's live version because of his singing, so... :p

At the end is a matter of taste.

But wasn't your point that people would be complaining about it?

And as I said, the majority seems to prefer him when he's not trying to be perfect.

Not to mention that he failed on some high notes in Sunburn when it was brought back for the Resistance Tour.

I don't think I saw a single person complain. Or even mention it in fact.

I think the fact that, other then that, they played the song beautifully more then picked up the slack.

I think the fact that, other then that, they played the song beautifully more then picked up the slack.

what

EDIT: I think I've managed to translate that clusterfuck of a sentence now and, yes, definitely. Which just further supports what I'm saying.

But wasn't your point that people would be complaining about it?

And as I said, the majority seems to prefer him when he's not trying to be perfect.

Sippe, you have your opinion, I have mine, and that's not going to change so let's leave it here.

Sippe, you have your opinion, I have mine, and that's not going to change so let's leave it here.

And I'm not arguing against your opinion. I'm answering your question.

"Are you sure people wouldn't be complaining about it? Do you really think that people would be like "give him some slack, at least he is trying"?"

If you don't want me to answer, don't ask.

And to clarify, the answer is yes. And the proof of this is that 99% of the fans didn't give a crap when Matt failed during songs like Sunburn or Take A Bow during the resistance tour.

And I'm not arguing against your opinion. I'm answering your question.

"Are you sure people wouldn't be complaining about it? Do you really think that people would be like "give him some slack, at least he is trying"?"

If you don't want me to answer, don't ask.

And to clarify, the answer is yes. And the proof of this is that 99% of the fans didn't give a crap when Matt failed during songs like Sunburn or Take A Bow during the resistance tour.

Proof? did you ask all of them? because I remember perfectly comments about how painful was to hear take a bow. But anyway, I wasn't talking about and odd song that it's played from time to time.

Proof? did you ask all of them? because I remember perfectly comments about how painful was to hear take a bow. But anyway, I wasn't talking about and odd song that it's played from time to time.

It was painful, but I can't remember anyone saying he should stop singing it because of that. And the most painful thing was this so-called falsetto: http://youtu.be/RXKaF84RNpU?t=3m58s

Much more creds to him forcing himself to use chest-voice during the last part than whimping out on the falsetto...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTRI81tlgqw&feature=related

After watching this, it makes me really wish Matt would start screaming again. He didn't do it much, but when he did, what he lacked in technique he made up for in energy. And WHY THE ROYAL FUCK did they remove this from the general copy of the DVD???

Because Dom's dad had died and it was to commemorate him, so they thought Blackout was a nicer song to end on.

Because Dom's dad had died and it was to commemorate him, so they thought Blackout was a nicer song to end on.

I can't even imagine how awful that must have been for him. It makes me so sad to see him in that video smiling and having the show of his life when within an hour his father would be gone. It kind of makes it hard to watch. :(:(

/offtopicbutworthyofmention

I can't even imagine how awful that must have been for him. It makes me so sad to see him in that video smiling and having the show of his life when within an hour his father would be gone. It kind of makes it hard to watch. :(:(

/offtopicbutworthyofmention

That exactly how I feel. It's the only DVD I don't own and that fact kind of makes me not want to watch it, its obviously extremely personal but it still makes me so sad

That exactly how I feel. It's the only DVD I don't own and that fact kind of makes me not want to watch it, its obviously extremely personal but it still makes me so sad

I'm actually fairly surprised they put it out on DVD. There's no way on earth Dom could watch, or even think about that gig without being reminded of what happened right afterwards. I wouldn't be surprised if, considering the circumstances, he had the last say as to whether or not that gig would get released on DVD. At least I hope he did. And if he did, I truly admire his strength in allowing it's release. :(

Archived