Dear Niall

Neil.

D'oh i've just been pointed to this, sorry Neil, it's come out a lot worse than the reality is. We asked Cath and Gemsy to stick around because of their many years of experience and wisdom. Then we ended up deciding to ask Olly to contribute to since he's so involved in main site. Wasn't meant to be a slant on you.

Sorry for putting you in an awkward position there Kev! :LOL:

oh kevy! I didn't take it that way anyway. Sure I got on well with everyone, even those times when I called Gem Gemsy etc. She was cool about it, even after the 4th or 5th time it happens. As you guys well know, if I can help out, I'm only too happy to lend a hand. :)

That being said, I do miss the threads like Best of the Mailbox. Not sure how visible thats meant to be, so melete it if needs be. ;)

edit:

haha, this might start a rumour like "KEV AND ALL THE MODS HATE NEIL!" just for some controversy. :chuckle:

I'm pretty sure it's already a sub-rumour from the "ALL THE NEW MODS ARE EVIL DICTATORS" rumour. :LOL:

I tried :(

I will now be attempting to get a mention in the 'best of the mailbox' thread now though :awesome:

That thread actually doesn't exist any more...and sadly there has been little cause to make a new one thus far! If you send an email in broken English asking for Muse to play a gig in your cousin's meth lab for charity with a theory about aliens and Jesus you'll have a good chance though.

one of my favourite things in the mod section was one such infraction given by kev. Some trolololol joined up, and posted a link on a KnT thread of mine. Not only was it a rick roll, but every time you highlighted the title of the window, it would shift about (a js on the page i think). So kev infracted him for something like 50 points, and then it read something like this:

Reason for infraction:

Posting a link that fucks peoples browser

le sigh. take me back team! :(

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Niall,

Are you the new Kev? Are you going to dye your hair orange and grow a massive fro? Does this mean you're going to reinstate the old mod crew? If you're the new Kev, who'll be the new Niall to your new Kev role? Why have I ran out of bourbon creams? What would Effy Stonem do?

SO MANY KWESCHUNS!!!

Kindest regards,

Neil

Dear Niall,

Are you the new Kev? Are you going to dye your hair orange and grow a massive fro? Does this mean you're going to reinstate the old mod crew? If you're the new Kev, who'll be the new Niall to your new Kev role? Why have I ran out of bourbon creams? What would Effy Stonem do?

SO MANY KWESCHUNS!!!

Kindest regards,

Neil

I'm half the new Kev. Kev will still be around but myself and Blee will be the official admins. My hair will remain the same, however! No new old mods (sorry).There's no new Niall...I just have to be the one acting admin like stuff for now...like the new [soundcloud] tags! Sorry...still can't work out Vimeo tags without a hack but I did look into it again for you.

Can one run out of bourbon creams of there's no one around hear it?

I can live without vimeo, but soundcloud sounds AWESOME!!! Also, is there anything in the pipeline along the lines of a rep type system? I was always a fan of how it's done on the weebl's stuff forum. You make a good post, people + rep you, you use your + rep to buy gifts (little gifs that appear below peoples avatars, not physical things) and under your avatar, is a green bar showing how rep you are. It would be fun, but i know it causes beef. As if we needed moar beef.

Also, re the bourbons, I screamed NOOOOOOOOO so loudly, I'm surprised you didn't hear it. Maybe you should get onto those hidden hearing chaps you see on tv?

Nah we're never gonna get a rep system because people will always just bad rep each other for pathetic reasons and when ganging up on people. There's no point in it - it will only make new users find it even more difficult to integrate when established members promote each others' posts. The rep system is on the board and for some reason people have different values in the mod cp (you probably saw) but we'll keep it disabled because no one needs it, like post counts. And it makes people lazy. People just rep each other rather than actually reply.

Hidden hearing chaps? They've been dead for 10 years. You've been seeing dead people on TV Neil? I think there's a pill for that.

Heh thanks :) and maybe...the only things I've ever been trained in before is bar work and astronomy. Get a job at a bar and do a Bachelor's degree and PhD in astrophysics and apparently that makes awesome! And if not you can at least drunkenly show up Brian Cox as not really knowing that much. :)

As for the android app, nope. We do have Tapatalk support installed on the messageboard though, and that should provide an app-based access to the board and any other board with Tapatalk installed!

Heh thanks :) and maybe...the only things I've ever been trained in before is bar work and astronomy. Get a job at a bar and do a Bachelor's degree and PhD in astrophysics and apparently that makes awesome! And if not you can at least drunkenly show up Brian Cox as not really knowing that much. :)

As for the android app, nope. We do have Tapatalk support installed on the messageboard though, and that should provide an app-based access to the board and any other board with Tapatalk installed!

Bar work, astronomy and nope. Thank you very much :)

When I used to click on 'Muse' at the top of the forum I got to see the forum, but as of today it takes me to Muse.mu. Why the change? :supersad:

This. I can't kick the habit either.

Version three seems to be the only one that has been affected though, 'Stars' and 'Funhouse' (lol) are fine for me.

This. I can't kick the habit either.

Version three seems to be the only one that has been affected though, 'Stars' and 'Funhouse' (lol) are fine for me.

:( I wanna stick with the default but I keep clicking on Muse and it's driving me mad. Can't have Funhouse :noey: and Stars is too dark. Can you fix it Niall?

Archived