james90

Arrived this morning. Sounds awesome. And makes the Wah Probe sound insanely good too. :happy:

dsc0011ii.jpg

And everything together. Loop Station up next to fill some of that empty space. Then I'll get some pedalboards to put everything on.

dsc0008ii.jpg

now play it.

on camera. :cool:

5? I think if you count properly, it's 11! :chuckle:

Separate PSU for everything at the moment! ;)

now play it.

on camera. :cool:

I already have, I just haven't shown any of you lot! :rolleyes:

Arrived this morning. Sounds awesome. And makes the Wah Probe sound insanely good too. :happy:

dsc0011ii.jpg

And everything together. Loop Station up next to fill some of that empty space. Then I'll get some pedalboards to put everything on.

dsc0008ii.jpg

Good God, Bs....I love it :ninja:

Edit: I wouldn't mind another D1.... :facepalm:

Thanks Jimbo! And yeah, it's such a good pedal! :happy:

christ I bet your rig hums more than your mum on my balls

Nope, sounds fine to me. I'm considering getting a more general PSU once I have everything in pedalboards, but I'll have to see what space I've got available, and if it's worth the extra cost.

Edited by Bs

Awesome gear Bs ! ;)

Can you please make soundclips ?

I don't see why not. I've got some uni exams at the end of next week but then I've got all summer to do whatever, apart from when I'm working. Anything in particular you want to hear, or do you just want to see/hear it all in action?

You must be very fit Bs. Seems like a bit of a jog from one end of the pedals to the other

Haha, yeah, it is a bit like that. Fortunately, I obviously don't use all the effects at once. Phase and tremolo are only occasionaly, and tuner I obviously don't need mid-song, so it doesn't matter that they're at the ends. If I'm using the Wah, I can't really be using much else anyway, because I need to keep that foot on it anyway. Fuzzes and overdrives are next to each other, then it's Whammy and Delay. I don't use the Freeze for much apart from Pink Floyd and Post-Rock stuff really. I tend to move around when I'm playing anyway, so it doesn't matter that I just have to choose where I am based on the effect I want to turn on or whatever.

In that situation, I probably wouldn't take everything. I have it all in a home environment because I can, but I wouldn't need all of them in a live set, so I'd narrow down the selection a bit more. Mind you, it would be the amp that would kill me. Weighs a fucking tonne! :LOL:

Nope, sounds fine to me. I'm considering getting a more general PSU once I have everything in pedalboards, but I'll have to see what space I've got available, and if it's worth the extra cost.

I'm well impressed if you don't get any noise. Do you have a power conditioner on that?

Unless you have 11 absolutely shit PSUs which you obviously haven't as they're not noisey, then a single solution/daisy chain would be cheaper?!?

Edited by cheddatom

Well, they're all surge protected, so that should help at least I'd imagine. Apart from the different PSUs that have come with the Kaoss, Dickinson, and Whammy, they're all EHX PSUs, so they seem pretty good quality to me. Some like the Memory Man came with one, so I only needed like 5 or 6 others and I remember I found a good deal towards the end of last year so I was able to get a whole bunch of separate brand new EHX PSUs for a good price. I'd heard of hum problems with daisy chained power supplies so it seemed the sensible thing to do to have them separate, and as I could, I went for it.

Edited by Bs

I'm not criticising you

Wait a minute, something doesn't seem right here! :unsure:

Haha, nah, that's cool! I know what you mean, it's an unusual approach, but then, most people tend to settle for less effects than that, and I didn't want them all linked together from the same power supply in case something happened. I've got them all individually surge protected and the power of any of them can be switched off individually too so I like that option. I don't have enough sockets otherwise, haha!

I don't see why not. I've got some uni exams at the end of next week but then I've got all summer to do whatever, apart from when I'm working. Anything in particular you want to hear, or do you just want to see/hear it all in action?

Nice !

I'm interested in hearing the lonestar special clean sounds with the MB-1 and also your new Dickinson overdrive pedal alone and then with the Wah Probe.

Thanks !

Thanks, Phill! The space behind the main row of pedals is for the Boss Loop Station which I should hopefully get in a couple of weeks, and then the GR-55 Guitar Synth which there's no point getting until my Manson Custom is made, as that's what it's for. But yeah, I made a plan of everything I wanted to get a while back, and there's not much left on there now, which is what I like. :chuckle:

Nice !

I'm interested in hearing the lonestar special clean sounds with the MB-1 and also your new Dickinson overdrive pedal alone and then with the Wah Probe.

Thanks !

Sure. The LSS clean sounds are beautiful. I played the Dickinson MK2 in Mansons and the cleans on that were pretty spectacular but these at least match them, and may be even better on certain settings, although the Dickinson definitely had a sparkly quality to the sound as well as the look which was pretty seductive. I'm still trying to dial in a lead channel sound though. Taking a bit of experimenting, but it's probably sounding average to good at the moment. I know it can offer better though.

The Dickinson pedal sounds superb, and yeah, with the Wah Probe it feels like a perfect match to be honest. Got some incredibly crazy sounds running the Fuzz Probe into it too, but only tested that for a minute or so. But yeah, if you remind me in a week or two when my exams are out of the way, I'll get something done for you.

Maybe I can help you with that.

also, i heard you like gut pics

chassis.jpg

just got that the other day. not bad for $550

mmmmm..... yummy!!!

I do like those PTP wiring! I'm tempted to do that for a boost, with a 12AX7 and a Nixie SMPS. I think the dickinson stuff is PTP too, but i'm really curious as to the way they do their power supply.