james90

mailed it this morning. I only bought that pedal for the 4th time because Will had one

/fanboi

Also, Bs, I was going to post some new MB-1 pictures, but after seeing yours again... my finish isn't anywhere near as manly.

plus it's looking a bit battered up close.

:awesome:

Can you link any good examples of someone using a boost?

Mmmmm.... it really depends on the kind of boost. I'll give 2 examples and you can see if either tickle your fancy.

1. Jack Fuckin White

JW uses an MXR Microamp. From what I can tell, it's got 2 great features, both relevant to your setup. The first is that he uses it to really drive his amp. If you give the likes of "Fell in love with a girl" a listen, I believe that's just guitar > micro amp > amp. Tone is awesome. It kinda shows how transparent that boost is. It doesn't really manipulate the tone in any noticible way (also, looking at the schematic of it shows this too), it just adds more drive. The second way he uses it is with the Big Muff (this is also the reason i want to buy/build a microamp). If you listen to much Jack White, you'll know he has a trademark stuttery sound that crops up in solos. There's tonnes of theories on this, including the use of a ZVex Tremolo Probe. That one's not entirely untrue. There's a video of the raconteurs playing Blue Veins/Bang Bang at coachella and you can see him farting about with a Trem Probe. HOWEVER, 99% of the time, Microamp > Muff is how he does it. There's a vid on the web where a fanboi demonstrates this. So all you gotta do is turn the microamp to like 70%, the muff settings for jack white is all of them at 2 o'clock and then stutttuttssttt away. <3 the microamp.

2. Blowing Up

I have this. It's mental. Vidja or you suck. http://ohnoho.com/blowing-up/

So it's $100 of insanity. The version i had didn't have the hi/lo gain mode switch, so when you boosted, even if your guitar volume was low, and the blowing up was low, it got crazy. With these kind of boosts, the objective is insanity. And sometimes, that's ok! I would personally like to have blowing up and the microamp on two loops and a footswitch to go from one to the other. Both awesome though.

Also, Bs, I was going to post some new MB-1 pictures, but after seeing yours again... my finish isn't anywhere near as manly.

plus it's looking a bit battered up close.

It is indeed' date=' however I think it could be the photography more than anything else[/quote']

A bit of photography skill and a good camera does help obviously...But the guitar's a thing of beauty anyway...It's just trying to get the pictures that really give an idea of that that can be a bit tricky from time to time...

And James, why, what have you been doing to it? :(

Yeah, that's fair enough...I just make sure I wipe mine down every time I finish playing...Otherwise it would look a mess...When it goes back to Mansons for the rewiring, I'll see if they can do anything about the more noticeable knocks and scratches it's picked up while it's there...

Yeah, that's fair enough...I just make sure I wipe mine down every time I finish playing...Otherwise it would look a mess...When it goes back to Mansons for the rewiring, I'll see if they can do anything about the more noticeable knocks and scratches it's picked up while it's there...

Yeah that's what I do. The mirror guitars are even worse.

When are you having them rewire it?

Yeah that's what I do. The mirror guitars are even worse.

When are you having them rewire it?

Depends...Still in consultation over it at the moment...Ron Joyce is willing to make me a MIDI thru box that sends power to the guitar up through the cable, but I'll have to wait on time and cost...He doesn't work for Mansons, he's just a friend of their's so I have to wait and see...I'm going to see if he can make it like a MIDI line selector too so I can have the Whammy and Kaoss both plugged into it, and I just select which via that, instead of having to change cables around...Might need a custom MIDI cable for the guitar too, so could end up being a little bit costly but hopefully not too much...Need to wait back for a quote on time and cost though...That'll decide when it goes down I guess...I'm not expecting it to be this year though...Might be shortly after the new year with any luck...

Depends...Still in consultation over it at the moment...Ron Joyce is willing to make me a MIDI thru box that sends power to the guitar up through the cable, but I'll have to wait on time and cost...He doesn't work for Mansons, he's just a friend of their's so I have to wait and see...I'm going to see if he can make it like a MIDI line selector too so I can have the Whammy and Kaoss both plugged into it, and I just select which via that, instead of having to change cables around...Might need a custom MIDI cable for the guitar too, so could end up being a little bit costly but hopefully not too much...Need to wait back for a quote on time and cost though...That'll decide when it goes down I guess...I'm not expecting it to be this year though...Might be shortly after the new year with any luck...

Got two midi switches for changing between kp3 kasolliator pro and wh4. It's a swell setup :)

Though I'm probably going to buy another switch, one of them operates via a normal switch and I love toe tapping

ohai MFC

IMG_1635.jpg

wang's body is still at Mansons having some work done as you might be able to tell.

Should I have a fuzz factory installed while it's there? trollface.jpg

Also, Neil, I got an email from the ohnoho man. Not entirely sure when he's going to be back, but hopefully I can blowing up soon

G.A.S.-ing for some of their other pedals now...

Some gear

Midi switch and kaoss pads

[ATTACH]15001[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15002[/ATTACH]

I only have the custom hardware eyes for my mac tower :(

Agreed...Fucking hell, that's sexy...Get me some more of it on its own like that please! :ohmy:

haha I wasn't even trying to take a good picture there, but maybe I'll have to do that more often and see what happens

edit:

IMG_1108.jpg

Edited by james90