james90

Nope, but I could click on it to view it.

If that's the same guitar that was being posted around here before then that's a very cool Manson. Probably the most interesting one that I've seen.

JT

sorry thats what i meant, wanted too see if you could get on my guitar set.

Looks amazing, is that finish available in any other colors? how does it sound?

Strat should be here soon...probably within the next hour

Yes. He does sparkle drips in lots of colors, non sparkle too. They are on the finish page of his website.

Enjoy that Strat. I will really miss it, I played a lot of shows with it. Being that it served as the prototype for the Iron Maiden Strats it holds a unique place on Fender history.

JT

Yes. He does sparkle drips in lots of colors, non sparkle too. They are on the finish page of his website.

Enjoy that Strat. I will really miss it, I played a lot of shows with it. Being that it served as the prototype for the Iron Maiden Strats it holds a unique place on Fender history.

JT

Just got it.

Good news: it got here safely with no damage

Bad news: packing peanuts. everywhere. But I'd rather have that than a broken guitar.

I'm just giving it a setup now (it was slightly off) but I'll let you know what I think of those pickups once I get the strings back on.

Thanks again

Just got it.

Good news: it got here safely with no damage

Bad news: packing peanuts. everywhere. But I'd rather have that than a broken guitar.

I'm just giving it a setup now (it was slightly off) but I'll let you know what I think of those pickups once I get the strings back on.

Thanks again

That sucks. I upped the packing level and they must have got a little carried away.

It wasn't that far off when I sent it, or we like very different setups.

JT

That sucks. I upped the packing level and they must have got a little carried away.

It wasn't that far off when I sent it, or we like very different setups.

JT

I'm pretty sure the UPS store I've gone to has done the same thing. No big deal really.

And I'm not sure - I generally have the necks setup almost dead flat, and this had a bit more relief than that. action looked fine for the most part, but I might be able to get it a bit lower than it is now

I'm pretty sure the UPS store I've gone to has done the same thing. No big deal really.

And I'm not sure - I generally have the necks setup almost dead flat, and this had a bit more relief than that. action looked fine for the most part, but I might be able to get it a bit lower than it is now

I keep my guitars a little higher for clearer attack and because I need a little fight in my strings.

JT

I keep my guitars a little higher for clearer attack and because I need a little fight in my strings.

JT

Yeah, I generally have mine set at a medium action, but this seemed a bit higher. I usually have them set at 4/64ths treble side and 5/64ths bass side with the neck almost dead flat...or sometimes dead flat if it plays without buzz.

Here it is. I haven't really tried it yet - I just finished oiling the fretboard, and I've just got to clean it up a little (mainly the bridge - I know how floyd roses ruin your strings when they get dirty)

IMG_0984.jpg

And...

IMG_0985.jpg

it also doesn't seem like your average strat neck. much flatter and maybe a bit wider...almost like an ibanez wizard

I feel that it's too boring compared to your new guitar, so here's my custom I just got last week if you haven't seen it. this one will probably be used for most of the whammy abuse (no, not that kind cheddatom). bridge is an ibanez lo pro rather than a proper floyd rose

417302_10150689287040944_508905943_11645065_1266698081_n.jpg

I like the custom a lot. I like a lot of the Manson's that I've seen that aren't Matt-o-casters. The MOC don't really do it for me and while I don't mind showing influences (I play Tele's because of Andy Summers) I don't really get into outright copies.

The Strat is kind of like the Millenium Falcon. It may not look like much but it's got it where it counts. I played a lot of gigs with it and I always loved the way that it played and the way that it sounded in a mix with the band. Lots of midrange cut with sacrificing highs or lows.

The new Suhr looks black in a dark room. It doesn't light up until the light is right on it. Then POW.

Thanks. I'm pumped about the way that it turned out.

James, did you sand off the back off the neck a bit? Im starting to feel like a slacker. I liked that the neck had a skunk strip and a rosewood fingerboard that's kind of rare.

JT

Nah I didn't, it's already pretty fast (and flat enough as it is)

Nah I didn't, it's already pretty fast (and flat enough as it is)

It's got to be thicker than a Wizard. Those were unplayable to me back in the day. It is wider 1-11/16 versus 1-5/8. Most of my guitars use that spacing because I have such fat ass fingers.

JT

It's got to be thicker than a Wizard. Those were unplayable to me back in the day. It is wider 1-11/16 versus 1-5/8. Most of my guitars use that spacing because I have such fat ass fingers.

JT

it's definitely thicker, but i guess it's more the width that reminds me of the ibanez.

is this bridge any different than the original floyd roses they make today? I know this guitar is pretty old. as old as I am :facepalm:

It's a 1992, that was the year I got out of the Army. Sigh... I could already drink.

I'm pretty sure that it's direct swappable with a modern Original Floyd Rose (Schaller) It's one of the good ones from back in the day. Are you looking at replacing it already?

JT

It's a 1992, that was the year I got out of the Army. Sigh... I could already drink.

I'm pretty sure that it's direct swappable with a modern Original Floyd Rose (Schaller) It's one of the good ones from back in the day. Are you looking at replacing it already?

JT

Nah, I was just curious if it was similar to the modern original floyds. I recall how you said those were made of cheap pot metal or something