james90

Very ballsy, it's a very beefy pickup. The highest power pup in Suhr's lineup, but not as powerful as something like an Invader or a war pig.

Here's Suhr's description.

The result of collaboration between John Suhr and rock guitarist extraordinaire Doug Aldrich, the Aldrich humbuckers are the ultimate high-output pickups for aggressive rock style of playing. The Aldrich bridge humbucker is now our highest output pickup but it oozes tone across its sound spectrum. It is big sounding yet focused and punchy in the mids and tight in the lows. You will never hear this pickup get flubby and undefined in the highest gain settings. The high-mids will cut through like the sharpest knife but the treble will be sweet and never grating on the ears. From chunky low-string metal riffing to screaming string bends in the high register, the Aldrich bridge humbucker covers them all while retaining the dynamics of your picking attack. 17.5k resistance.

My DSH+ is 17k so this is still the ballpark of what I'm used to, just with a little more balls.

Ha! The lunchbox is only temporary, shame really 'cause it's actually pretty cool as an enclosure. We're demoing it to some people on Tuesday and then after that we're mounting all the bits onto a GORM shelf so we can have many more switches. Cheap homemade technology ftw!

I like that lunchbox

I also like that MacBook Pro. Over the last day I've learnt that I'm not very keen on the new Windows 8 :( Fortunately, I have an IT friend who says he knows how to get rid of the shitty new layout of the start menu, essentially making it a slightly upgraded Windows 7. Aww yea

Roasted Maple - A new innovative feature, the Roasted Maple necks are cut from Maple wood blanks that are "baked" in high-tech oxygen-free ovens at a temperature of 250 degrees Farenheit by our wood supplier. This process removes moisture and all kinds of other organic "impurities" that affect the stability of the wood and make it much more rigid while adding a deep and warm amber color for a natural vintage look.

Besides rock-solid stability, there is a tonal difference in the Roasted Maple as well. The sound is tighter and punchier while still retaining the Maple natural warmth in the midrange. Roasted Maple is highly recommended for touring musicians who value neck stability while traveling and for those who want a bigger and punchier sound as the neck contributes around half of an electric guitar's tone. Plus, it looks super cool!

Yep, that pretty much nailed it. I tried to get all of the woods roasted but they didn't have a supplier yet.

The guitar is out for delivery on the UPS truck and will be delivered to my office in an hour or so. Waiting sucks.

James,

The Fender should have been there already. Did it make it yet?

JT

Yep, that pretty much nailed it. I tried to get all of the woods roasted but they didn't have a supplier yet.

The guitar is out for delivery on the UPS truck and will be delivered to my office in an hour or so. Waiting sucks.

James,

The Fender should have been there already. Did it make it yet?

JT

Nice, really interested in seeing that finish

And not yet, but it should be later today. UPS always shows up towards the end of the day.

What did you think of the stock pickups in this guitar? If I ever change the EMGs, it will probably be with some of these

http://motorcitypickups.com/

2nd degree black belt in the bridge and the motor single coils in the neck/middle.

I'm curious how those dimarzios were though

I can't describe how good it looks. I can't wait to gig it out next weekend. My cover band is playing a benefit show, 500+ people and the lights will make this top explode.

This thing is so loud. I've been wanting to sneak it out of the case and play it but you can hear it through the door of my cubical office. I can't wait to plug it in.

JT