Question about BK Nailbomb

MattMuse1991

Have asked a similar question before but just listened to Micro Cuts from HAARP....

how does Matt get such a good clean tone from the Nailbomb pickup!? I know different woods can affect the sound but for a Hi output humbucker...it sounds beautiful and i can only seem to get the same sound from a strat :eek:

Have asked a similar question before but just listened to Micro Cuts from HAARP....

how does Matt get such a good clean tone from the Nailbomb pickup!? I know different woods can affect the sound but for a Hi output humbucker...it sounds beautiful and i can only seem to get the same sound from a strat :eek:

Technically it's a MBK2 but similar specs I think. No idea how he gets that sound really. I guess it's a combination of the guitar, his playing and his rig

^ helpful answer

Are any of Matt's guitars coil split? I know the mb-1's are so I'd assume at least a couple of his are. That helps a bunch.

They could be, but the one used for micro cuts on HAARP doesn't appear to be

757px-Glitteratidamage.jpg

looks like a standard tone pot.

I don't think he rolls down the guitar's volume actually, but I'm thinking he's cleaning the sound up somehow...volume pedal?

Most likely all done from the amps and effects. Bare in mind he doesnt have to do much other than press a footswitch to drastically alter his settings. Probably just going from a very very clean setting to a very very high gain setting.

If you try hard enough with your amp settings, youc an nicely clean up just about any humbucker, just some better than others.

They could be, but the one used for micro cuts on HAARP doesn't appear to be

757px-Glitteratidamage.jpg

looks like a standard tone pot.

I don't think he rolls down the guitar's volume actually, but I'm thinking he's cleaning the sound up somehow...volume pedal?

How much different do coil tapped pots look like?

Most likely all done from the amps and effects. Bare in mind he doesnt have to do much other than press a footswitch to drastically alter his settings. Probably just going from a very very clean setting to a very very high gain setting.

If you try hard enough with your amp settings, youc an nicely clean up just about any humbucker, just some better than others.

Probably this. Between the volume pedal and the AC30, there are some really clean sounds to be had with an MBK2

Are any of Matt's guitars coil split? I know the mb-1's are so I'd assume at least a couple of his are. That helps a bunch.

I'm pretty sure Mansons said at some point that non of Matt's guitars have a coil tap or split, but it was just an option they decided to include on the MB-1s. I might be mistaken, but I'm sure I remember that. :erm:

Archived