• 4 weeks later...

some of you will have seen this on my facebook page but its here as well now.

i had this idea in my head for a few years but never thought it would work. then someone on project guitar did something very very similar so i knew it would.

sakurasampleblossominlay.jpg

then i thought it should have a special back as well. so i did this

sakuraspecialback.jpg

and i got all excited and even though theres no guitar to put it on, and there wont be until someone wants one (james - you know you want to) or i can afford to do it, i started to make the back.

2010-09-07162717.jpg

that SHOULD have been a grain matched cover, but i stupidly took it from the other side so its a bit out. but it still looks pretty good

and i got all excited and even though theres no guitar to put it on, and there wont be until someone wants one (james - you know you want to)

I know :( only thing is, wouldn't it be quite similar to my other one? I was thinking for the next one, two soap bar P90s and a different finish

but would a different finish color work in this case? the photoshop looks pretty nice...

Love everything about it except the two flower motif on the back, I think it either needs more, or nothing at all... at the moment it looks a little random and isolated... even a lone blossom petal I think would have more effect, if well placed.

But seriously amazing work on the design.

Love everything about it except the two flower motif on the back, I think it either needs more, or nothing at all... at the moment it looks a little random and isolated... even a lone blossom petal I think would have more effect, if well placed.

But seriously amazing work on the design.

I agree. I fucking love the style though.

Archived