Recommend a good guitar for a beginner???

Lucy

strats are shit. doesnt matter who makes them or how much they cost. theyre still shit.

unless, of course, they have a tele neck, tele pickups, tele electronics, tele bridge and tele body

i would play that strat.

and possibly enjoy it.

hahahah :LOL:

i started off with a yamaha pacifica, i think that was around the £120 mark, twas a good guitar

I tried one of these--very good instrument! Handled very nicely...ended up, however, getting the Dean Z-Explorer as it was less exy...prolly should have gotten the Yamaha as it came with a case, unlike the Dean! Live and learn...

no, ive not tried a dean..

im currently using an epiphone les paul custom and an ibanez gsz120 with a bareknuckle pickup in..

i think if you can find a cheaper guitar that plays nice, then all you need do is replace the pickup and its godly :)

^ I agree...I can't tell you how much money I've wasted over the years learning that lesson! For example, always loved the 'look' of the Explorer, then tried one, still liked it, but balked at the $700 price tag...then I found this Dean, which looked as good, if not better, than the Gibson, sounded just as good, if not better, and got it for so much less $ than the Gibson...lesson learned! (Finally! :D )

And Epiphones are just great--friend has an Epiphone Les Paul, it's a wonderful guitar...

ahem...

what?

epi is shit.

(imo, before any of you lespaulophiles start flaming me;)

some gibsons are ok, but eh..

teles are where its at.

RIGHT, BOYS?

Yes, but I don't have one...flame me for having a strat if you want. Go on :(

The only epi's I like are those elitist ones...they cost almost as much as a Gibson though.

whaaat?

epiphones are great! at least, mine is o_O

my guitar rocks, it plays like the best guitar ive played in a long time (ive played some very good guitars) and when i replaced the pickups it sounded phenominal

theyre built well, but made with cheap parts imo. replace what matters and you have a quality budget axe

whaaat?

epiphones are great! at least, mine is o_O

my guitar rocks, it plays like the best guitar ive played in a long time (ive played some very good guitars) and when i replaced the pickups it sounded phenominal

theyre built well, but made with cheap parts imo. replace what matters and you have a quality budget axe

ive always thought they felt cheap and sounded... well...

add to that my already present dislike of angled necks and the feel of humbuckers... and yeah

to each his own i guess

but still.. EPIS ARE SHIT :happy: *giggles inanely*

I used to have a squier fat tele :happy: It rocked my socks.

I had to sell it to pay for my jaguar though :(

Does anyone know what those squier custom telecasters with the p90's are like?

The Custom's are fantastic for their price, play better and sound better than some far more expensive guitars.

Epi SG's play better than the piles of crap gibson make these days.... but once you've touched an early 70's SG, there's no way you can play either of them :LOL:

I like my gibsons, but they definitely aren't perfect (lots of finish flaws on some, but worst problem is the sharp frets on my SG, but that's partially my fault)... new ones right now seem to be worse than ever. (newest one I have is 2006, and it's good at best).

My $200 mexican made squier strat (flame me again coffee :p ) on the other hand was perfect when I got it recently, but I've given it the Haze treatment since! Still plays fine but it's beat to hell.

I like my gibsons, but they definitely aren't perfect (lots of finish flaws on some, but worst problem is the sharp frets on my SG, but that's partially my fault)... new ones right now seem to be worse than ever. (newest one I have is 2006, and it's good at best).

My $200 mexican made squier strat (flame me again coffee :p ) on the other hand was perfect when I got it recently, but I've given it the Haze treatment since! Still plays fine but it's beat to hell.

only if i must

*flames again*

can you take any more? :p

actually one of the guitars i usually record with is my mates old japanese squier strat

but its not fun :p

Archived