Recommend a good guitar for a beginner???

Lucy

theres something wrong with my computer so i cant open new windows so i dont know what guitar youve seen but....

i would go for a yamaha pacifica 112. cost about £160-180 and they play amazingly well. u wont get a muse type sound with a £200 guitar i wouldnt think. his cost up to £6000 and are filled with effects and stuff. if u really want muse sounds then save up and buy a fuzz factory or a digitech whammy later on.

don't get the one you found, its made by encore (shudders)

get a yamaha pacifica 112, like In_Your_World suggested. It will create more muse-like sounds than most other things because matt started out with a pacifica. They also make a different model which i cant remember the name of which has humbuckers in bridge and neck, as opposed to just bridge. That might be the one to go for, someone at school has one and it does sound good compared to anything else for that cash. Go to the yamaha website and see what you see there. I think they make a pack with the cheapest pacifica's in. Also checkout soundslive. I think they sell em.

Good luck finding a guitar.

don't get the one you found, its made by encore (shudders)

get a yamaha pacifica 112, like In_Your_World suggested. It will create more muse-like sounds than most other things because matt started out with a pacifica. They also make a different model which i cant remember the name of which has humbuckers in bridge and neck, as opposed to just bridge. That might be the one to go for, someone at school has one and it does sound good compared to anything else for that cash. Go to the yamaha website and see what you see there. I think they make a pack with the cheapest pacificas in. Also checkout soundslive. I think they sell em.

Good luck finding a guitar.

ebay is a great place to look, if you're a beginner you're not likely to mind about how a guitar plays as you're not going to be able to play it to find out.

theres often sub-200 quid Ibanezes and Epiphones on there, be sure to keep an eye out for a bargain.

BUT. NO. ENCORES!

ebay is such good value you might as well try and get a guitar made by a reputable company...

sorry.. cant get away from the fact that its an encore, they really arent worth getting at all. Yamaha or maybe an epiphone les paul (looks the same) and plays a hell of a lot better. Not sure they make one in your price range though, my mate bought an sg special for £160 and it wasnt too bad.

Archived