Recommend a good guitar for a beginner???

Lucy

Lol fair enough.

Was on the Yamaha site and so far the differences are :

Pacifica 112

2 single coils, humbucker

vibrato bridge thingy

five position pick-up selector, master volume, master tone

Pacifica 120S

2 humbuckers,

3 position pick-up selector, master volume, master tone

The manufacturers site doesn't have the normal 120 it goes on about how the 120S has 2 humbuckers whereas the normal one just has single coils.

So I dunno what to think again. Dear I'm not good at this stuff lol :unsure:

I got a Yamaha ERG 121- quite cheap and I've found it easy to play- but then, anything would easier than my acoustic. :indiffere

Erroneous Fiend claims they fall apart eventually, though.

Most musical intruments will do that if you treat them like crapola. :rolleyes:

I`m sure you`ll look after yours.

this is certainly a long thread to beginner guitars...i think i'll contribute to its size!

i have played on a variety of guitars under the £500 price range and still like mine the best...and its only an epiphone lp100. im comfortable with it, (more so now the neck is sanded down to remove the laquered paint - personal thing)

im a confident beginner....as in i know quite a bit, and especially know what to look for now in guitars, and im still happy with my choice. i wouldnt swap it. i wouldnt want a single coil guitar, the weight is fine, sound seems fine, style i like, etc. and i've also compared it to my friends epiphone "standard" which people say sounds nicer coz it has a glued in neck rather than bolt on. expensive fender guitars have bolt ons, and i didnt notice the difference in sound. so dont be fooled by audiophiles is my story there........until i guess your really experienced!

another my point i want to say is, i think you have to try the guitar and get something you like. this sounds cliche, but bare with me..i went back to the shop to try out the spider 2 amp, and told them i want to try it on an epiphone lp100. they handed me one off the wall and it was fucking horrible to play. god i think it even 2 top nylon strings or something.

when your a beginner, check out harmonycentral.com , ask questions (as your doing) on forums IF no other threads exist that can help...then with your budget go to a guitar shop. if u like it then and you like playing on it....you'll work on it. i find with everything musical u can always get something better, but i buy what i can afford and make, if i dont mind me saying, great music out of it

with anything musical.....go and try it if u have access. its the only way

It's lefty. And blue.

Are you just starting out? If so, don't play lefty. I did that, and now I have real probs getting good guitars/ basses.

ive been learning left handed for about 2 years now. started on classical acoustic worked my way up to steel string. i really want an electric.

i can sorta play anything but its most comfortable playing guitar left handed.

i asked is that a good guitar, i want a good sound out of it? i will be changing pickups and getting a few toys as well as making some myself as im an electronics wizz.

thanks.

ive been learning left handed for about 2 years now. started on classical acoustic worked my way up to steel string. i really want an electric.

i play guitar left handed, but when i try bass i do it right handed, dunno why, seem to pick it up pretty quick on my mates bass, i want one, maybe a guitar and a bass, joined at the bottom, like a double neck but i play the guitar left handed and the bass right handed, like this

/ \

<==================| |==================>

\___________/

1337 ascii skills :D

i asked is that a good guitar, i want a good sound out of it? i will be changing pickups and getting a few toys as well as making some myself as im an electronics wizz.

thanks.

You're not going to go too far wrong with a Yamaha. A few mods and tinkerings, and that could rock booty ass.

i play guitar left handed, but when i try bass i do it right handed, dunno why, seem to pick it up pretty quick on my mates bass, i want one, maybe a guitar and a bass, joined at the bottom, like a double neck but i play the guitar left handed and the bass right handed, like this

/ \

<==================| |==================>

\___________/

1337 ascii skills :D

You're just weird!

:LOL:

Parcel tape. How original.....

i dunno if that was sarcastic or what

i've removed the parcel tape a while ago actually...it was there to hold the strap there coz i liked its positioning, but i can now play without it, so i guess that pic is a lil unaccurate

sadly it does, but im not greedy, im only working till college starts anyway then i might try and go part time as i want things.

im saving for a nice amp as well. i want a head and a cab. then ill build up my effects. first thing tho is a big muff ;)

Archived