Recommend a good guitar for a beginner???

Lucy

Well I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your help, got my guitar today. :cool: Ended up not getting the Pacifica at all, ended up w/ an Ibanez Gio. What can I say?! I'm really really happy with it. Bit above what I was planning to spend but... I couldn't resist. ;)

I'm going to buy my first electric guitar soon, but I don't know which one to get? I'll have about £170 maximum (birthday money and some out my bank).

I can play some acoustic guitar (although I've given up for a bit because I've snapped 2 tuning pegs off).

I don't know much about guitars... so any help would be appreciated :)

• 2 months later...

people usually reccomend a yamaha pacifica to people although a few people have mentioned a problem with the jack socket connection becoming sketchy... uhhh some of the cheaper ibanez's could be a good choice, a good thing would be to go into a local guitar shop look at all the guitars in your price range and have a feel of them see which u find most comfortable to hold, and ask the guy in the shop his reccomendations and also it depends on what sort of things you are planning on learning to play...

haha well what can i say i dont pay any attention to marilyn manson, some quite cool songs but i wouldn't call myself a fan in anyway therefore i don't know the names of any of them except brian warner isn't it?? haha but ok thanks for enlightening me... :p

haha well what can i say i dont pay any attention to marilyn manson, some quite cool songs but i wouldn't call myself a fan in anyway therefore i don't know the names of any of them except brian warner isn't it?? haha but ok thanks for enlightening me... :p

Actually im not really a fan of Manson, im a fan of John5 and Twiggys work as they were clearly the best people to ever enter the band.

Archived