Recommend a good guitar for a beginner???

Lucy

hahha ye but ummm still much better than the aes70.

I dunno the colour is a little dodgy but ehh its probably soo cheap because of this hideous colour.

other option get a second hand guitar off ebay.

yeah because shit gold looks sooo much better than all black hardware with a black and gray metallic body.... you must have some fucking artsy guitars then.

I'll probably end up just getting the 15x Cube, unless there's another cheap practice amp you could recommend.

Getting the cheaper amp would probably let me spend a bit more on the guitar, so my spending limit on the guitar alone is probably between 200-300 US Dollars.

I personally think the AES is hideous, but that's just my opinion :stunned:

And to the Ibanez, I've heard they're mainly metal guitars, so they don't really interest me. Either way, i'm heading to a local Guitar Center soon to check them out.

Any other recommendations for my price range? Also, should I be going for single coils or humbuckers for the sound similar to my favorite bands? Or a hybrid like in the Pacificas?

Thanks again

• 8 months later...
I'm also thinking in buy my first electric guitar...

My idea is get a sound like Muse...:D

I was thinking in the Pacifica 120SJ...

photo#5229598683334331250

can you give me some opinions...

thanks...;)

I love this beautiful misconception that its the guitar that makes you sound like muse. Yes, a mississippi queen and a piezo will help, but what about the couple of grands worth of amps and effects. Buy a guitar that you like the sound and look of.

One thing I don't understand is why a beginer feels like they have to start with a sub-standard guitar......It can't help things surely? You can get all these crappy Squiers etc and they are just awfull to play i find.

My first guitars where an American made Fender Strat and An Epiphone Sheraton II both top guitars well atleast the Fender is and I never looked back. Infact even since buying Various Fenders and Gibson I still use my Sheraton as my main guitar.

I love this beautiful misconception that its the guitar that makes you sound like muse. Yes, a mississippi queen and a piezo will help, but what about the couple of grands worth of amps and effects. Buy a guitar that you like the sound and look of.

Thanks for the help with the pickups;), i thinking in buy the mississippi queen and a fernandes sustainer (the last one not so soon 'cause its a little bit expensive:()...

And what about the effects? which would you buy if you had a thinny wallet?

Thanks...;)

• 2 years later...

Been looking at some of he suggestions that you guys have been offering for the beginners and wondered if anyone could help me.

I'm a total n00b to guitar but it's something i've been wanting to learn for so long. I'm looking to buy my own in the near future, willing to spend around the £200 mark. Not looking to play a particular style, just want something of a good sound quality for the price.

Any help or pointers greatly appriciated :happy:

Also just wondering if it's worth getting a left or right handed guitar. I am left handed but seeing as I can't play there shouldn't be to much of a problem learning to play right handed. I read somewhere that it's potentially easier to learn right handed because most guides are written this way. Again, any help is appriciated

Been looking at some of he suggestions that you guys have been offering for the beginners and wondered if anyone could help me.

I'm a total n00b to guitar but it's something i've been wanting to learn for so long. I'm looking to buy my own in the near future, willing to spend around the £200 mark. Not looking to play a particular style, just want something of a good sound quality for the price.

Any help or pointers greatly appriciated :happy:

Also just wondering if it's worth getting a left or right handed guitar. I am left handed but seeing as I can't play there shouldn't be to much of a problem learning to play right handed. I read somewhere that it's potentially easier to learn right handed because most guides are written this way. Again, any help is appriciated

About the left right handed, most guitars are manufactured in right hand and so left handed guitars are often more expensive and hard to come by. My advice; get down to anywhere with a guitar. It doesn't need to be turned on or anything. Just pick it up and strum an open chord. You will play it the way that feels most natural. Try left and right handed way rounds, and whichever hand feels more natural on the neck and which hand feels more natural strumming is the way to go.

As for guitar, you've got a good attitude, not too fussed about the perfect sound. Try and get to a guitar shop, but when I bought a guitar I wasn't able to do this so couldn't find a type I 'like'. No concern though, because if you set your mind on 1 type of guitar, you won't find a very good deal.

£200 won't go miles new, but second hand you'll have a ball. Get on to eBay and just look for any guitar. Bear in mind you'll need an amp too, but they're often cheap second hand. Just find one, if you like the look of it, buy it. Simple as. I got a lovely Washburn WI24 for £50- If you are able to spend £150 (£50 for amp/extras), you'll get a great deal.

Lol, a Squire Strat just went for £45. See what I mean.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?LH_Price=0..150%40c&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A3446&rt=nc&_nkw=electric+guitar&_mPrRngCbx=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=3&_sc=1

Some unbelievable deals there. I spy a Yamaha Pacifica and amp, Ibanez's, Strats, and I'm on the first page. Good luck. Find one you like, tell us, we'll tell you if its good.

Cheers,

Ollie

Thank fuck for some decent advice up above, now to back up my outragous opinion with a testimonial.

my own, I am a left handed guitarist, and frankly its appalling that some manufacturers can get away with trying to sell shit to us lefties. Whats brilliant is there are a few manufacturers which will actually want your money and make a decent product. One of them is Tokai. Fuck gibson, and fuck fender. The reason being is their cnc routing is frankly uncomfortable for lefties to play, It is approximately x13945593 harder to find a decent instrument which actually sounds nice in left handed form.

Ibanez can also get fucked, for releasing nice models and then discontinuing them before I can buy them, the pricks.

Good luck. Find one you like, tell us, we'll tell you if its good.

Cheers,

Ollie

Thanks so much for all the help! Been messing with a guitar past couple of days and I just naturally picked it up right handed but i'm not convinced whether thats just becasue of the way it is strung. :erm:

I've been lurking on ebay, quite fancy yamaha pacifica, possibly 112 model. Any suggestions? Bad choice? :p

• 1 year later...

Archived