NSC came 102 in the triple J hottest 100.

musesuno

Ok its official they came in at No 1 and yes im an idiot.

Sorry, but its just not their best work. I personally view it as a joke that they unleashed on the world so we wouldnt take them so seriously. Therefore i can take the song as anything more than a joke. But kind of beautiful in the way that a Tim Minchin song is beautiful but you go "what the"! :LOL:

Happy Australia/Invasion Day People!

I was driving home to the Gold Coast for lunch with the family and started joking around with my boyfriend about how funny it would be if Muse just got pipped for the hottest 100 - I couldn't believe it when they just scraped in...I sang my heart out to that pure cheesy song, so far it's made my birthday/Australia Day just that little bit better :chuckle:

Happy Australia Day everyone!!! :D

I was driving home to the Gold Coast for lunch with the family and started joking around with my boyfriend about how funny it would be if Muse just got pipped for the hottest 100 - I couldn't believe it when they just scraped in...I sang my heart out to that pure cheesy song, so far it's made my birthday/Australia Day just that little bit better :chuckle:

Happy Australia Day everyone!!! :D

Happy Birthday :D

Frankly, I was surprised that it made it onto the list at all... I can't remember, but I may have voted for it to get Muse on the list, but it doesn't matter. I think it's pretty cool to say that I can't think of another band who's had a song at both #100 and #1. An interesting achievement. Also it must be considered that this song wasn't even an album single either... so it wasn't promoting anything really, so it's not a huge shocker.

. I think it's pretty cool to say that I can't think of another band who's had a song at both #100 and #1. An interesting achievement.

Franz Ferdinand came first with Take Me Out in 2004, then 100 in 2009 Hottest 100 of all time with Take Me Out again

My brother's listening to the countdown now cause he was at BDO yesterday so I think I'll listen as well and relive it. He laughed at NSC getting in

About the rest of the list there was some decent songs in it, but the positions of them were a bit screwed up. Stuff in the top 10 should have been much earlier on in the countdown and other things from the countdown should have been higher. Ah well

Franz Ferdinand came first with Take Me Out in 2004, then 100 in 2009 Hottest 100 of all time with Take Me Out again

My brother's listening to the countdown now cause he was at BDO yesterday so I think I'll listen as well and relive it. He laughed at NSC getting in

About the rest of the list there was some decent songs in it, but the positions of them were a bit screwed up. Stuff in the top 10 should have been much earlier on in the countdown and other things from the countdown should have been higher. Ah well

You're absolutely right... I would have thought a bit more LCD Soundsystem would be in there, since they had a song so early. I thought that if they have one appearing this early, there has to be another one yet to come.

And okay, ONE other band, but with the same song...

You're absolutely right... I would have thought a bit more LCD Soundsystem would be in there, since they had a song so early. I thought that if they have one appearing this early, there has to be another one yet to come.

And okay, ONE other band, but with the same song...

Yeah I wasn't trying to point out that you were wrong about muse were being the only band with 100 and 1 positions, I was just pointing it out in case you didn't know. Didn't mean to offend

And yeah I agree about LCD soundsystem, i was pretty sure drunk girls would have made an appearance since that was the lead single and the most accessible song off the album

I figure Undisclosed Desires would have atleast made it, and at a high spot too. I thought wrong apparently.

It was in last year's countdown at #19 as it was released last year.

Muse had 4 entries last year: Uprising at 9, UD at 19, Resistance at 35 and USoE at 84. Most entries by an artist in that countdown, equal with florence and the machine.

So yeah they did really well last time :D

Also when they announced NSC as #100 they said it was Muse's 15th song to be in the hottest 100 over their career

That was from 2009, not 2010. (And it made it in at #19 that year)

It was in last year's countdown at #19 as it was released last year.

Muse had 4 entries last year: Uprising at 9, UD at 19, Resistance at 35 and USoE at 84. Most entries by an artist in that countdown, equal with florence and the machine.

So yeah they did really well last time

Also when they announced NSC as #100 they said it was Muse's 15th song to be in the hottest 100 over their career.

Gotcha, just behind in the times then.

Archived