NSC came 102 in the triple J hottest 100.

musesuno

Yeah I wasn't trying to point out that you were wrong about muse were being the only band with 100 and 1 positions, I was just pointing it out in case you didn't know. Didn't mean to offend

And yeah I agree about LCD soundsystem, i was pretty sure drunk girls would have made an appearance since that was the lead single and the most accessible song off the album

No offence taken :)

Amy Meredith? Lol. Have they even been played on Triple J?

No - thank god.

The Biggest surprise for me was Foals only making it to #98 with Spanish Sahara.

That song was worthy of top 15, I thought it would be at least top 30 bare minimum.

Yeah I agree, a lot of the songs that I think should be higher weren't

None of the songs I voted for got in because I chose songs that weren't singles so I knew they didn't have much of a chance. But a few of the bands I voted for got in (Interpol, Gorillaz, Tame Impala, Vampire Weekend)

I also voted for MGMT, The Drums, Jonathan Boulet, OK Go, Local Natives, Kele. But none of them got in, I thought MGMT would get in for sure and possibly the Drums...

I was surprised at how low Interpol scored...

I regret voting so early on because there's plenty of other albums I've listened to between then and when the voting ended that songs off I would really like to have put in my list. Oh well

No - thank god.

Yeah I agree, a lot of the songs that I think should be higher weren't

None of the songs I voted for got in because I chose songs that weren't singles so I knew they didn't have much of a chance. But a few of the bands I voted for got in (Interpol, Gorillaz, Tame Impala, Vampire Weekend)

I also voted for MGMT, The Drums, Jonathan Boulet, OK Go, Local Natives, Kele. But none of them got in, I thought MGMT would get in for sure and possibly the Drums...

I was surprised at how low Interpol scored...

I regret voting so early on because there's plenty of other albums I've listened to between then and when the voting ended that songs off I would really like to have put in my list. Oh well

Yea I voted for OK Go too, and thought they'd get in at least lower on the list... The Drums I thought would be pretty high up there as well.

I was disappointed that Chris Cheney's (Frontman of The Living End) cover of Crowded House's Distant Sun didn't make it in, it's a brilliant song and he covered it beautifully, IMO I find Angus & Julia boring as hell so I have no idea why it was number 1

Yea I hadn't heard it before until I saw it on the list... of course, if it's number one, it should be at least decent. Listened to it, and became immensely confused. But I discovered Art. Vs. Science with Magic Fountain, and that's pretty awesome I have to admit.

Yea I hadn't heard it before until I saw it on the list... of course, if it's number one, it should be at least decent. Listened to it, and became immensely confused. But I discovered Art. Vs. Science with Magic Fountain, and that's pretty awesome I have to admit.

I'm a fan of Art vs. Science, I saw them a few years ago long before the "Parlez-vous Francais" hype

I'm a fan of Art vs. Science, I saw them a few years ago long before the "Parlez-vous Francais" hype

Nice... you say they're still top notch as they were before the fame? I wish I had discovered them earlier, but I must say considering my location, I was lucky to hear of them at all.

I was disappointed that Chris Cheney's (Frontman of The Living End) cover of Crowded House's Distant Sun didn't make it in, it's a brilliant song and he covered it beautifully, IMO I find Angus & Julia boring as hell so I have no idea why it was number 1

Yes I love this song.:happy:

But I knew angus and julia stone had it in the bag as soon as they were playing that song on star Fm. Number 1 is almost always a disappointment. I wanted fall at your feet to win :(

This is the blurb about it in the Hottest 100 Edition of JMag which is out now: Not worth scanning as no picture so I've transcribed:

"100 Muse Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever)

WE SAY: This song appears on the soundtrack to "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse", but Stephenie Meyer's favourite band didn't exactly record it especially for the film. "That was a little piano thing, which was actually going to be on 'The Resistance'," says frontman Matt Bellamy, "but I never finished it in time. There's always a couple of songs like that, which end up being not quite finished, and they end up being used for something else." Matt wrote the lyrics, however, after Muse were asked to submit a song to the film. He decided to go with a "love being forever" theme. "That's a nice vampire concept, isn't it?" The success of the "Twilight" series has taken him by surprise. "When we first met Stephenie, before the first film came out, it seemed like it was going to be quite an alternative, small film."

This is the blurb about it in the Hottest 100 Edition of JMag which is out now: Not worth scanning as no picture so I've transcribed:

WE SAY: This song appears on the soundtrack to "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse", but Stephenie Meyer's favourite band didn't exactly record it especially for the film. "That was a little piano thing, which was actually going to be on 'The Resistance'," says frontman Matt Bellamy, "but I never finished it in time. There's always a couple of songs like that, which end up being not quite finished, and they end up being used for something else." Matt wrote the lyrics, however, after Muse were asked to submit a song to the film. He decided to go with a "love being forever" theme. "That's a nice vampire concept, isn't it?" The success of the "Twilight" series has taken him by surprise. "When we first met Stephenie, before the first film came out, it seemed like it was going to be quite an alternative, small film."

Thanks so much for that!

That's not what he said about the lyrics at the time! :erm:

Not what they said about The Resistance either, though that makes sense, but I thought they just did 11 songs. I can only think they must have been under pressure to wrap it up.

I really like the piano in NSC.

That's not what he said about the lyrics at the time! :erm:

Not what they said about The Resistance either, though that makes sense, but I thought they just did 11 songs. I can only think they must have been under pressure to wrap it up.

I really like the piano in NSC.

Yes that's what I was thinking! Everything I've ever read/heard about TR was was that they only ever had 11 songs for it and that was it! A bit bizarre. I don't know when JMag got this info from Matt - I don't think it's been lifted from an old interview. Throughout the broadcast of the Hottest 100 they have pre-recorded interviews, some live interviews and some little snippets where they say "so and so said".... and some of these get transcribed to the mag - maybe for the ones they don't actually want to speak to - like who came in at #100 :LOL: - they just send an email to and ask them to jot down a few points!

Yes that's what I was thinking! Everything I've ever read/heard about TR was was that they only ever had 11 songs for it and that was it! A bit bizarre. I don't know when JMag got this info from Matt - I don't think it's been lifted from an old interview. Throughout the broadcast of the Hottest 100 they have pre-recorded interviews, some live interviews and some little snippets where they say "so and so said".... and some of these get transcribed to the mag - maybe for the ones they don't actually want to speak to - like who came in at #100 :LOL: - they just send an email to and ask them to jot down a few points!

Yeah I wondered whether they'd been approached recently for comments. I suppose if they were up against time (they did say somewhere that a tour being booked was a good way to produce a finished album) any unfinished songs like this one may have been in too much of a raw state to be mentioned. I mean if he just had the piano. Didn't he have some of the piano for Exogenesis, Absolution time, so it's not clear-cut. Maybe they didn't want to raise hopes regarding b-sides as they thought they wouldn't have time to finish any. They also may not have wanted to mention commercial pressures at the time of release.

As for the change in comment regarding the lyrics, perhaps that has something to do with being in a fishbowl right now! I doubt he would have given the original explanation had it not been true. Possibly both explanations are partly true.

Archived