Haha, someone I knew used to have one and I didn't rate it. Different folks I gues.

Haha I seem to be finding quite a few good bits and pieces on ebay at the moment. Echo pro for £241 which was a huge bargain considering the last one I saw on ebay went for £600 :stunned:

Yep all about the value in a decade or so :happy: I've seen an original whammy for £200 which isn't bad considering that a WH4 is £169 new. Tempted to get it. But that means splashing out more money I don't have.

Also there is a Marshall shredmaster going for about a tenner on ebay at the mo aswell! Thank fuck for recession!

I got the set, the hardware, the high hats, the ride, the K crash, a 13" piccolo snare, and the double pedal for $800. Fucking steal!

drums1ry8.jpg

drums4vl4.jpg

drums3hm7.jpg

drums2lw3.jpg

drums5xz5.jpg

Though if anyone's interested I might sell the K crash because as beautiful as it sounds, it's a tad dark for my taste. It may be that I just need to get used to it, though. :D

31491515-2-440-overview-1.gif

Ultimate Ears Super Fi 3 :D

my first ever high quality pair of earphones and they are really worthit,

i cant use my ipod headphones now ever, this just blows them away by a far far way.

Good buy!

I bought an Ebow off Ebay recently.. I used it for about 2 days and now it doesn't actually vibrate the strings anymore... so not too impressed... While it worked though I managed to make lovely, haunting noises on the low E string...

Anyone know why it might have stopped working? It's not the battery because I've got one of the connections that replace a battery so you can use a 9v power adaptor. The little blue light still comes on... but that's it!

I bought an Ebow off Ebay recently.. I used it for about 2 days and now it doesn't actually vibrate the strings anymore... so not too impressed... While it worked though I managed to make lovely, haunting noises on the low E string...

Anyone know why it might have stopped working? It's not the battery because I've got one of the connections that replace a battery so you can use a 9v power adaptor. The little blue light still comes on... but that's it!

You're really not supposed to use one of those connectors with an ebow. Best to stick with batteries. And they last a while in an Ebow. Sounds like you may have overloaded the device :confused:

You're really not supposed to use one of those connectors with an ebow. Best to stick with batteries. And they last a while in an Ebow. Sounds like you may have overloaded the device :confused:

If I'd overloaded it, wouldn't the whole thing stop working? Light and all? It doesn't say you're not supposed to do it, normally that sort of stuff say 'only use *said* adaptor' or something?

Anywhere I can take it to get it checked and fixed or should i just buy a new one?

Anyone want to forget I just said it doesn't work and buy it off me, then blame the postal service for damaging it?

If I'd overloaded it, wouldn't the whole thing stop working? Light and all? It doesn't say you're not supposed to do it, normally that sort of stuff say 'only use *said* adaptor' or something?

Anywhere I can take it to get it checked and fixed or should i just buy a new one?

Anyone want to forget I just said it doesn't work and buy it off me, then blame the postal service for damaging it?

:LOL: Well Ebow aren't designed for adaptors in general really. I've got one and it works fine with the standard 9V battery. The amount of milli-amps produced by an adaptor and a battery are pretty different in a lot of cases. That's what 'may' of caused an overload. Since the Ebow is a reverse magnet that requires a charge overloading it may have caused it to short out that side of the mechanics. The light would not necessarily have been shorted by other electronics may have been.

:LOL: Well Ebow aren't designed for adaptors in general really. I've got one and it works fine with the standard 9V battery. The amount of milli-amps produced by an adaptor and a battery are pretty different in a lot of cases. That's what 'may' of caused an overload. Since the Ebow is a reverse magnet that requires a charge overloading it may have caused it to short out that side of the mechanics. The light would not necessarily have been shorted by other electronics may have been.

:stunned:

Prime example of misinformed bullshit 'advice'.

Why do all my posts start a row?

So, basically is it knackered or is there a way i can check it/Somewhere I can take it to have it sorted, because when it worked it was pretty cool.

I just would've thought if the adaptor had overloaded it, it would've done it the minute I started using it? It was literally one day it was fine and the next day i set it all up, it didn't want to play anymore.

Maybe it just hates me.

So, basically is it knackered or is there a way i can check it/Somewhere I can take it to have it sorted, because when it worked it was pretty cool.

I just would've thought if the adaptor had overloaded it, it would've done it the minute I started using it? It was literally one day it was fine and the next day i set it all up, it didn't want to play anymore.

Maybe it just hates me.

How did you wire it up? Out of interest. Did you just plug the adaptor into the 9v +/- battery connectors? Maybe its just a lose connection. Also using improper power supplies can cause damage to some equipment. I used a cheap maplins adaptor on a kaoss pad now it does nothing but hum, and it didn't do that with the original.

Oh seriously jon, because you know every fucking thing. Offer the correct solution instead. Wait don't have one?

I don't pretend to know things I don't. Making stuff up is not helpful to anyone and just makes you look like a tard when you inevitably get owned!

:LOL: Well Ebow aren't designed for adaptors in general really.

Fair enough, they don't have a 9v in. Makes it kind of obvious though

I've got one and it works fine with the standard 9V battery.

Brilliant observation!

The amount of milli-amps produced by an adaptor and a battery are pretty different in a lot of cases.

No. For a given circuit, whatever you plug in will provide the same ampage (up to the supply limit)

That's what 'may' of caused an overload.

No, it definitely didn't.

Since the Ebow is a reverse magnet that requires a charge

Nice! Imaginary materials and pompous blustering!

overloading it may have caused it to short out that side of the mechanics.

Didn't you already say this?

The light would not necessarily have been shorted by other electronics may have been.

No shit sherlock!

Maybe it just hates me.

Take it to someone who knows what they're doing with electronics and get them to have a poke around - it's probably a dry joint somewhere. I very much doubt it was the adaptor (I'm assuming you got the voltage and polarities correct).

Wow jon highly mature. You win the net. Apologies for snapping been a bad week. As for the info I gave I only passed basic electronics class and didn't really pay attention to most of the stuff there. So a lot of the info is either from memory or me piecing things together after I take them apart.

Btw the ebow is exactly a reverse magnet. The reverse magnetic force exerted from the bow is what causes the strings to vibrate.

Wow jon highly mature. You win the net. Apologies for snapping been a bad week. As for the info I gave I only passed basic electronics class and didn't really pay attention to most of the stuff there. So a lot of the info is either from memory or me piecing things together after I take them apart.

Thanks, I know.

:)

I'm sure you understand how frustrating it is when armchair experts get basic facts wrong - look at all the shit on here about diezels etc

Thanks, I know.

:)

I'm sure you understand how frustrating it is when armchair experts get basic facts wrong - look at all the shit on here about diezels etc

Fair point. Maybe I should of payed attention in electronics class :LOL:

Archived