Keep hearing rave reviews about thing!

really?

thought it was horrible, though it was possible the guy was trying out a pedal that didn't sound too pretty.

anyways, i've gone against all principals and sold out and got:

DSC00066.jpg

cool thing is, every model i liked on the dl4, this thing has :happy:

really?

thought it was horrible, though it was possible the guy was trying out a pedal that didn't sound too pretty.

DSC00066.jpg

haze, how could you :)

hehe i knew you would sometime :p cant say its not good

Guest bshuker
really?

DSC00066.jpg

Thats fairs I've just heard a few good reviews, I personally didn't find any clips of it I like though.

WOOOOOO Pod X3 Live for the win. I love mine, fair play.

Guest bshuker

Fairrrrrrr, I was just going on hearsay, never sat down with one, with the features it has, you'd think it'd be good!

Oh wells.

SOMEONE BUY MY FUCKING DSL201

Guest bshuker
IF YOU HAS CHEEZBURGER I WILL BUY THO...

IHAZNOCHEESBURGERCEILINGCATTOOKIT :eek:

probably the best buy i've made in a long time :)

Welcome to the Dark Side my friend :happy:

i feel tempted to believe bshuker and change my pod XTL over for one... but i have so many things im already halfway through paying for, it suxk0rz :p

Oh noez! Well as soon as you can get away with doing it, it's a worthy move, such a great pedal, so so many options.

i feel tempted to believe bshuker and change my pod XTL over for one... but i have so many things im already halfway through paying for, it suxk0rz :p

i didn't have a choice to not get one, it was either a pod or a small amp, but the pod was just more convenient overall for home recording/practising.

really good unit though, digital gear is definately coming along, the reverbs and delays in this thing are amazing! also the uni-vibe model actually sounds like one, yet to play a boutique clone that does!

Guest bshuker

Hell yeah, hey haze try out the Cornford model (Conor 50 or something its called on the unit), shove it with the Mesa or Marshall V30 cab, and try that out, it's one really cool model.

Guest bshuker

Just bought one of these cool gadgets, it's not arrived yet but it looks like hella fun:

ayucomno1-img600x292-1150268757ipb-1.gif

It does:

- Chromatic Harmony (think Whammy, this ones based on the WH1 algorithims which will be 1337z0rz)

- Scalic Harmony from over 59 scales and any interval, or if it doesn't do what you want you can input your own scales etc (i've looked what it has though, it covers more than what most people would ever want)

- Arpeggiation, play a note and it'll arpeggiate and has various preset arpeggios plus you can input your own

- Chordal Harmony, choose a chord and one of 8 chord voicings, then play a note and it sound a perfect three note harmony

- Custom Harmony, make your own harmonies, program each note and up to two harmony notes to go with it and it will play those harmonies when you hit those notes

- Detune, small pitch shifts to make a 'thicker' sound

- Vibrato/Chorus/Delay effects

- Pitch Correction, will correct the input note to relate to the key you choose

- Combined Effects of any of the above

It can take two expression pedals (or up to five via midi) to control any of the parameters, so I'll hook one up for whammy action.

Also one of the main things I got it for is the "Shimmer" effect, which is something that the Edge used to have one of these for. Although I want the sound for Allan Holdsworth type cleans which is a similar sound. If you don't know the sound I mean, it's like a pitch shifted/reverby/delay sound that swells behind your playing and sounds kind of like an orchestra or something. It's similar to the Space Station effect thing on the Expression Factory (which is why I was going to get that but not now I found this thingy)

Fuckinggggggggg can't wait for this, even if it is like 15 years old.

Oh yeah, ordered the Carvin aswell. Althoguh, I just spent some of the money for that...so i'll have to recoup that somewhere erkkk.

Just bought one of these cool gadgets, it's not arrived yet but it looks like hella fun:

http://www.jpauction.net/auctions/upload/ayucomno1-img600x292-1150268757ipb-1.gif[/iG]

It does:

- Chromatic Harmony (think Whammy, this ones based on the WH1 algorithims which will be 1337z0rz)

- Scalic Harmony from over 59 scales and any interval, or if it doesn't do what you want you can input your own scales etc (i've looked what it has though, it covers more than what most people would ever want)

- Arpeggiation, play a note and it'll arpeggiate and has various preset arpeggios plus you can input your own

- Chordal Harmony, choose a chord and one of 8 chord voicings, then play a note and it sound a perfect three note harmony

- Custom Harmony, make your own harmonies, program each note and up to two harmony notes to go with it and it will play those harmonies when you hit those notes

- Detune, small pitch shifts to make a 'thicker' sound

- Vibrato/Chorus/Delay effects

- Pitch Correction, will correct the input note to relate to the key you choose

- Combined Effects of any of the above

It can take two expression pedals (or up to five via midi) to control any of the parameters, so I'll hook one up for whammy action.

Also one of the main things I got it for is the "Shimmer" effect, which is something that the Edge used to have one of these for. Although I want the sound for Allan Holdsworth type cleans which is a similar sound. If you don't know the sound I mean, it's like a pitch shifted/reverby/delay sound that swells behind your playing and sounds kind of like an orchestra or something. It's similar to the Space Station effect thing on the Expression Factory (which is why I was going to get that but not now I found this thingy)

Fuckinggggggggg can't wait for this, even if it is like 15 years old.

Oh yeah, ordered the Carvin aswell. Althoguh, I just spent some of the money for that...so i'll have to recoup that somewhere erkkk.

holy sex! that looks damn fineeeeeeeeeeeee!

http://www.jpauction.net/auctions/upload/ayucomno1-img600x292-1150268757ipb-1.gif

It does:

Stuff

I wunt onez :( Will be interesting to hear the whammy function on that thing :happy: REVIEW!

Guest bshuker

Hell yeah will do when it comes! Decided to just get one of the cheap Bespeco volume pedals to use with it off ebay afterwards, so should all be good in the hood.

Just gotta recoup the Carvin fund now :erm::LOL:

Hell yeah will do when it comes! Decided to just get one of the cheap Bespeco volume pedals to use with it off ebay afterwards, so should all be good in the hood.

Just gotta recoup the Carvin fund now :erm::LOL:

uh ohs! Sell a kidney on ebay!

Ahem anyhow new purchase..... Sennheiser freeport for an upcoming gig next week. I've gone through 3 jack leads in practice in a week :stunned:

Guest bshuker
uh ohs! Sell a kidney on ebay!

Ahem anyhow new purchase..... Sennheiser freeport for an upcoming gig next week. I've gone through 3 jack leads in practice in a week :stunned:

Hahaha well I'll be fine if I can sell the DSL201 ;);)

Ooh awesome, sound quality good?

Hahaha well I'll be fine if I can sell the DSL201 ;);)

Ooh awesome, sound quality good?

For the price sound quality and signal strengh is amazing! It's almost the same has having a long jack lead (same sort of darker tone) :happy:

Gotta go guys night all

PARTEH TIMEZ!

it even came with a book of how to play it from 1928...everything about it smells so old and wonderful. it sounds pretty good too.

although everything i want to try play on it is for five string banjos and they're dead expensive...but inheriting this and only spending $50 on getting it restringed and a new bridge is pretty awesome.

Archived