Muse in Triple J Magazine

musecam123

Take That's stage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpScees9lZs

First 3 mins are what I'm getting at. That is a fucking stage production.

Muse have 3 towers that move up and down. Take That have an entire fucking circus, oh...and an elephant.

And we know Muse's sets are structured too, so that doesn't come into the point I'm making.

That's not even a concert anymore. :stunned: Jesus. :LOL:

That's not even a concert anymore. :stunned: Jesus. :LOL:

Inorite :LOL:.

Point was, Take That's stage pisses all over Muses...so that guy can stfu. 3 towers going up and down is nothing special. If Muse are aiming for "theatrical" they've got a long way to go.

Not that the stage is even that sodding important, when it comes to gigs (esp Muse) idgaf about the stage, I just want to hear the music.

And regarding stage design I think it goes something like...

1. Le Reve/KA/other Cirque du Soleil productions in Vegas >>>

2. Take That >>>

3. Muse

We all agree the first 2 are not rock concerts lol and Muse are quickly getting further away from that title.. where are the days they wanted to be all rock-y and RATM and all that?! If the reason for no setlist variation is the stage design, why keep aiming to make it more "spectacular"? :/

Well, on a more optimistic note, hope this means they'll have varied setlists in Australia, and instead of it being a sign for shafting America and Europe, I hope it means they finally heard the whining and are actually changing. Or something.

/dreaming

just read this and laughed a bit.

I'm with Tofu. hope they change something in the aussie tour so all this 'we make music for our fans, we listen to them, we love them <3 etc etc' actually makes us smile and not snort. but like she said, "/dreaming"

df0b3599-dd29-48bf-b686-04d60cef87d5.jpg

Matt should aim those darts at his ego? :chuckle:

Take That's stage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpScees9lZs

First 3 mins are what I'm getting at. That is a fucking stage production.

Muse have 3 towers that move up and down. Take That have an entire fucking circus, oh...and an elephant.

And we know Muse's sets are structured too, so that doesn't come into the point I'm making.

:LOL:

Did I attend the same gigs as this guy?

Strange that the visuals/towers take greater priority over the music then?

:yesey:

Not a dig here, a simple question, but did you attend a gig using the Altered Reality set? That's alot more than just 3 towers going up and down.

Oh and Take That have FAR, FARRRRR more money to spend on production than Muse do.

"The guys give us a set list for the show, and sometimes it’s 10 minutes before they go on stage (laughs), because they react emotionally to how they feel that day. They’re not like other bands who get tied down to one set list and that’s just the way it goes night after night. In that respect, we keep the fluidity and anarchy of a rock show but with the structure and visuals that you’d expect at any other major show."

Riiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

Hehe

capturer0.jpg

From 'Drum Media'.

That doesn't mean they're going to vary the setlist all that much, necessarily. If you look at Raliegh + Charlottesville as a Night 1 + Night 2, that's two "different" 15 song sets, with the only real differences being the location of uprising/overture in the set and FG swapped for RBS....

Not that I think that's what they're going to do in Australia. I'm fully expecting them do make a few changes and probably a return of Bliss and CE... possibly B&H.... they'll probably also go back up to like 17 songs... just to annoy me ;)

capturer0.jpg

From 'Drum Media'.

Reminds me of Wembley slightly.

RULE OF THUMB - 2ND NIGHT FTW.

Not a dig here, a simple question, but did you attend a gig using the Altered Reality set? That's alot more than just 3 towers going up and down.

Oh and Take That have FAR, FARRRRR more money to spend on production than Muse do.

I don't know how much money either band have but Muse are far more successful in the grand scheme of things, I think anyway.

With the Muse set up, I do see it as 3 towers going up and down SImple as that. Oh, with the added bonus of curtains that can mangle a whole rack of guitars.

Reminds me of Wembley slightly.

RULE OF THUMB - 2ND NIGHT FTW.

I don't know how much money either band have but Muse are far more successful in the grand scheme of things, I think anyway.

With the Muse set up, I do see it as 3 towers going up and down SImple as that. Oh, with the added bonus of curtains that can mangle a whole rack of guitars.

I don't actually believe Muse are (in the grand scheme of things) as Take That had massive success back in the 90s' and due to Robbie Williams solo success and now their full reconciliation, they've gotten even bigger with not only older fans flooding back but also many, many younger fans.

I didn't disagree about the towers, I asked if you'd seen the altered reality setup, the pyramid type stage, it's more complicated than just 3 towers going up and down tbh.

I've seen comments about the curtains but I have no fcking idea what they're refering to, is it an actual thing that happened or is it just Muserumours?

If it's true, is there a specific link about it please?

Second night in LA. Curtains got caught in his guitar stand and pulled it down from the tower. Glitterati died. Fuck the curtains.

I don't actually believe Muse are (in the grand scheme of things) as Take That had massive success back in the 90s' and due to Robbie Williams solo success and now their full reconciliation, they've gotten even bigger with not only older fans flooding back but also many, many younger fans.

I didn't disagree about the towers, I asked if you'd seen the altered reality setup, the pyramid type stage, it's more complicated than just 3 towers going up and down tbh.

Ooooh, the pyramid. I'm not talking about the pyramid though, we are talking about the 3 towers. That's what the original post was about, Muse's production manager talking about the arena set up etc. So, the pyramid doesn't really come into it.

Robbie Williams was not connected to Take That in any way at all whilst going solo, they didn't recieve any recognition for his work. Unless you mean Robbie fans are now Take That fans?

Those fucking curtains killed the Glitterati.

I attended its funeral. Tears.

Archived