Uhm, Muse have charged over £70 on several occasions.

But no, I would not.

But what are you not getting? Gaga plays longer sets and has a bigger production, therefore a higher price is to be expected. Your counter argument to this is that the quality of the music matters too, which it doesn't because you can't possibly judge quality of music objectively. And if you think the quality of the music is being judged when the ticket prices are set, then you are wrong.

What are you not getting? I made my point as people were saying Muse tickets are too expensive. I pointed out that they're not as expensive as other, newer acts. Traditonally newer acts don't command higher ticket prices.

Gaga's only been out 2 or 3 years. Muse tickets were about £30 by their 3rd album. The longer set argument is nonsense, otherwise Green Day would be charging £100 a ticket. The production is not worth much either. Half the audience can't even see the stage they're that far away.

Since pretty much forever :erm:.

They're a hugely popular band who write popular songs and while I know someone is going to point of 'Pop' is indicative of a genre of music these days, Muse still tick that box pretty accurately with somes like Undisclosed Desires, Uprising, Resistance, Starlight, Time Is Running Out, Supermassive Black Hole, etc.

What are you not getting? I made my point as people were saying Muse tickets are too expensive. I pointed out that they're not as expensive as other, newer acts. Traditonally newer acts don't command higher ticket prices.

Gaga's only been out 2 or 3 years. Muse tickets were about £30 by their 3rd album. The longer set argument is nonsense, otherwise Green Day would be charging £100 a ticket. The production is not worth much either. Half the audience can't even see the stage they're that far away.

That it's not worth much doesn't exactly change how much it costs to set up though.

And Green Day can play long sets because they have simple production and short songs.

And by Muse's third album they were neither as popular(demand) as Gaga is now, neither did they play as big venues. You see, it all adds up.

Also, Muse tickets are XX for no reason other than they can be. The band don't have a say in the charges either - I just hope/wish the band would take the price set by their promoters into account when they think about the show... but at 14/15 songs a night at times, it doesn't really seem they do :(.

Promoters will charge whatever they think they can get away with and obviously selling out the O2 Arena twice at £45-£50 a pop is feasible so they do. Doesn't make it right or good or preferable but it boils down to business.

If anything, it's the punters' fault for not being perhaps as discerning as they could be.

Since pretty much forever :erm:.

They're a hugely popular band who write popular songs and while I know someone is going to point of 'Pop' is indicative of a genre of music these days, Muse still tick that box pretty accurately with somes like Undisclosed Desires, Uprising, Resistance, Starlight, Time Is Running Out, Supermassive Black Hole, etc.

In my personal opinion I would put bands such as McFly, the wanted, JLs etc into the 'pop' category

Just because you have riffs doesnt make you not pop, I adored McFly when I was younger and they had riffs

I'm just saying in my personal opinion muse does not come under that category :) but feel free to disagree, I know you will anyway :chuckle:

In my personal opinion I would put bands such as McFly, the wanted, JLs etc into the 'pop' category

Just because you have riffs doesnt make you not pop, I adored McFly when I was younger and they had riffs

I'm just saying in my personal opinion muse does not come under that category :) but feel free to disagree, I know you will anyway :chuckle:

I'm not even sure what this actually means.

That it's not worth much doesn't exactly change how much it costs to set up though.

And Green Day can play long sets because they have simple production and short songs.

And by Muse's third album they were neither as popular(demand) as Gaga is now, neither did they play as big venues. You see, it all adds up.

The popularity/demand of Gaga has a lot to do with hype. Which is why I referred to hype before.

I still maintain that Gaga's ticket prices are surprising, considering the brevity of her career to date, but like I said hype is a big factor nowadays in selling stuff beyond it's value. I'm still not convinced that the costumes/dancers/sets with Gaga's show justify the ticket prices.

As to Muse, their ticket prices are more what you'd expect for a band who have been successful and have had a gowing fanbase for 12 years or so. Thus, I am not surprised by their ticket prices.

I get what you're saying. 'Pop' acts are generally pretty boys/girls singing catchy tunes that'll make young kids want to put posters of them on their wall, whereas Muse are a rock act not designed to make kids fall in love with them but to make people love the music. The music has much more depth and power.

I'm not even sure what this actually means.

:p

The popularity/demand of Gaga has a lot to do with hype. Which is why I referred to hype before.

Yes, but it has still nothing to do with quality of music, which is why I didn't get why hype would back up what you said.

As to Muse, their ticket prices are more what you'd expect for a band who have been successful and have had a gowing fanbase for 12 years or so. Thus, I am not surprised by their ticket prices.

I don't think anyone is surprised by their ticket prices, but wouldn't you also expect them to actually make an effort to make it worth those money? You know, like playing more than 15 songs when they have 5 albums and loads of b-sides?

I get what you're saying. 'Pop' acts are generally pretty boys/girls singing catchy tunes that'll make young kids want to put posters of them on their wall, whereas Muse are a rock act not designed to make kids fall in love with them but to make people love the music. The music has much more depth and power.

:p

Exactly :happy: