As in, the bass is waaaay too loud. Any old person can realize that. MIA's show sounds like a wall of noise. Like crashing planes.

No such thing as bass waaaaay too loud. There's only ever bad mixing and pushing the PA more than it can go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LljVSzmOynU

Fuck yes. :D

As for wall of noise, it's fairly common, bands like My Bloody Valentine is a huge wall of noise at stupid volumes (When they curated ATP one year, they couldn't play on the main stages because of the volume). Given MIA's influences, to complain there was too much bass maybe suggests you didn't know what to expect. :)

I don't know how big the sound system culture, underground dance music and all that is in the USA. Also I couldn't imagine Muse fans generally being bass freaks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DEnwUAzPG4

Edited by haze015

I think there's a world of difference between the "wall of noise" that bands like MBV and the shoegaze movement are associated with, and the shit that MIA cranks out. For starters, she resorts to pulling up hundreds of people on stage because she doesn't know how to properly put on a performance.

As for wall of noise, it's fairly common, bands like My Bloody Valentine is a huge wall of noise at stupid volumes (When they curated ATP one year, they couldn't play on the main stages because of the volume). Given MIA's influences, to complain there was too much bass maybe suggests you didn't know what to expect. :)

Didn't know what to expect? No, she just really sucked. I mean, I like Sleigh Bells and such, and that's more of a good wall of noise. In MIA's case, it's bad. I listen to a lot of stuff and go to a lot of shows, trust me, MIA just sucks. :LOL:

i am dumbfounded with the amount of hate in this thread. with the way some of you talk about it i am surprised your muse fans at all. ya its frustrated me with the setlists too, but i still love their music, and i still enjoy every show ive been to to the fullest. i think its a little short sighted and just plain uncalled for to call people you claim to be ur idols cunts and cocks and everything else.

100% agree with you

and that is all you have in your defence. I just proved what you said and you still have the temerity to be a douche. No wonder you're so pissed off about the setlists. You're just pissed at life.

I'm glad I bought two tickets still, cause muse are up to their same old still.

I'm pissed about the sets because Muse let down the first nights fans, as predicted. I feel sorry for the people that went on the first night, simple as. Anyone who has read the beef knows that.

Oh, and anyone from the board who has met me/knows me def knows that I am not a serious person at all bar when posting in MM. As it's all very srs bsns.

With regards to the ripping off of fans. They are ripping their fans off. End of.

You didn't prove anything considering all the complaining had already been done, so yes, like I said...you were late. That doesn't make me a douche, it just means you're a bit too slow.

You're just pissed at me because I pointed out how slow you've been...twice now.

Kthx.

I edited the life out of that post.

Lawl.

Edited by hipbones

I'm pissed about the sets because Muse let down the first nights fans, as predicted. I feel sorry for the people that went on the first night, simple as. Anyone who has read the beef knows that.

Oh, and anyone from the board who has met me/knows me def knows that I am not a serious person at all bar when posting in MM. As it's all very srs bsns.

Oh, and with regards to the ripping off of fans. They are ripping their fans off. End of.

What else is there exactly to defend? :LOL:

You didn't prove anything considering all the complaining had already been done, so yes, like I said...you were late. That doesn't make me a douche, it just means you're a bit too slow.

You're just pissed at me because I pointed out how slow you've been...twice now.

Kthx.

You're just pissed at liiiiiiiiiife maaaaaan!

Didn't know what to expect? No, she just really sucked. I mean, I like Sleigh Bells and such, and that's more of a good wall of noise. In MIA's case, it's bad. I listen to a lot of stuff and go to a lot of shows, trust me, MIA just sucks. :LOL:

I'm not saying she doesn't!

Just Muse are terrible live these days, for different reasons. Just I'd never go see anyone like MIA live, because it's always going to be terrible, unless it's in a club environment.

I'm just trying to make the point that Muse are becoming the old guard and an aging rock dinosaur for all the young bands to rebel against. Something which Muse was at one point.

Hahaha, only if you do it well. Like Julian Casablancas of The Strokes. Ace, man, he sand the Thundercats theme song! :LOL: MIA was just a trainwreck. Her dancing was terrible and horrific, her phone kept going off in her pocket, she kept saying "Hello DC!" when we were in Maryland... I can go on and on about how shit she is. The 2nd worst act I've ever seen, and the first one was this guy who opened for La Roux who basically sang along to an iPod with a continuous beat for 30 minutes and rolled around the floor and shit. I doubt anything will beat that, it was so horrific I had to turn away...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUmzf5gAEoU

Manages to rock harder and contain more improvisation and live nuances, put on more of a show, despite it essentially being a grime artist in her 30's miming over a Suicide sample. :LOL:

That's a fantastic performance of it! :LOL: And DO I spot the Suicide synth player Martin Rev on keyboards there? :awesome:

And i'm quoting this for no other reason than it being one of my favourite live videos of all time:

:happy: <3 <3 <3