But what if by "dancers" they just mean some sort of choreographed protester type moves being performed by people on the stage while muse performs slightly elevated on the towers? (which is what it looks like to me in the picture)

That wouldn't be as bad, but I still don't see a need for it. It feels forced, just for the sake of having something 'different' for the all-important Grammys. I dunno, we'll have to wait and see how 'tasteful' it is... but I'm not sure that's a word you can use when Bells is involved :chuckle::p

I think it sounds right up Muse's alley.... protester intro to uprising at the stadium gigs (which i thought was a bit lame, personally) morphing into protester-laden performance of uprising at an awards show...

Admittedly, I'll miss the unfurling bear flags they had at the VMAs :chuckle:

IMO, i'll take a few dancers on stage over a lame collaboration and medley of some sort aaaaaaany day...

I'm actually kind of relieved, to be honest ;)

right there with you.. :thumbsup:

That wouldn't be as bad, but I still don't see a need for it. It feels forced, just for the sake of having something 'different' for the all-important Grammys. I dunno, we'll have to wait and see how 'tasteful' it is... but I'm not sure that's a word you can use when Bells is involved :chuckle::p

It sounds like it could be a bit over the top, but I don't know... i mean, so much of what the band has done on this tour and even on the album is that, so it's fitting :awesome:

towers+pyro+dancers ?

:wtf:

I'm not sure if I'm scared.

awww why? I think it sounds like it could be cool, and it'll at least be interesting...

I don't understand why people are getting so nervous... if it was UD with dancers I'd have been scared to death, but Uprising, not so much :LOL:

*shivers* Ugh, crazy spastic wire lady. :noey:

Who gives a gnats chuff about the dancers??? It's not like it's MUSE who're dancing themselves... Remember this is a massively mainstream US music awards show, they'll have dancers showing people the way to the toilets!

lmao! :LOL:

I don't know. I was more comfortable with the Gaga collaboration. At least that way if it ended up being over the top stupid, we could just blame her.

I anticipate cheeze.

That reminds me, I had a Babybel today. It was quite satisfying.

As much as I love Muse's rebellious spirit and the sociopolitical direction of The Resistance, I'm a little worried this performance is going to come off looking like a Broadway-style political statement. I love the way Muse works thought-provoking politic into their music, and I'm worried dancing protesters isn't going to deliver that sort of intellectual message.

Then again, I'd be best not to worry about what non-Musers think of the band at this point. Hopefully it'll be fun.:happy:

I don't suppose anyone knows a definitive time that Muse will be performing??

I'm in England so staying up past 5am to watch the Grammys isn't the best thing :LOL:

No one knows, although there is an indication from that one ad that Muse might be in the first hour. The show will be over at 11PM ET, that's 4AM in the UK, so you're good ;)

so were they rehearsing Resistance? Matt with the double neck.

He's used the doubleneck for Uprising before :)

Ooh, with the tweets this is starting to feel like a sexy plane. I'm getting excited. Just Uprising? With dancers? I'm starting to get nervous.

Some pics are coming in, Wireimage just posted this one of Matt.

Oh god, it's the suit that was never used. At least I don't think it was. And it shouldn't now. Even Chris is sparkling. FUUUUUUUUU

No one knows, although there is an indication from that one ad that Muse might be in the first hour. The show will be over at 11PM ET, that's 4AM in the UK, so you're good ;)

He's used the doubleneck for Uprising before :)

Excellent, hopefully a stream is available.

And yes he's used double neck loads for Uprising, he used it at Wembley :yesey:

Ooh, with the tweets this is starting to feel like a sexy plane. I'm getting excited. Just Uprising? With dancers? I'm starting to get nervous.

Oh god, it's the suit that was never used. At least I don't think it was. And it shouldn't now. Even Chris is sparkling. FUUUUUUUUU

Are you planning a sexy plane?? Wonder if it should occur on this specific thread or in the gigs section.

The suit's fine, it's to deflect attention away from his heaving genitals.

Archived