Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

Yeah it's not the best at cleans, always driving the amp. Coil tapped maybe...

Thought so. Just thinking for when I do actually get a DL-1, I was wondering about putting a motherbucker for authenticity/maximum fanboi. Think I'll stick with the MBK2, it drives my amp as is, and the motherbucker is almost double output of the MBK2...

I'm thinking MBK2 is the best option here :) If I lived closer to Manson's I'd try the MBK3 just because I'd like to hear the difference, but I'lll stick with what I know :LOL:

I went with the MBK3, just because it PROBABLY would be closer to the motherbucker than the MBK2

Plus I already have the MBK2 in three other guitars..

Phaser on/off and FF normal/twisty mode

Did the original delorean have a pickup switch? I only see a kill switch...or was it wired up a strange way so the neck pickup was only on with the piezo or something?

Manson_Delorean_showcase.jpg

Phill, have you had a thought about those...things? No problem either way - just wondering

So the two knobs are both for the FF, but the two switches are for FF and Phaser? Slightly confusing :$

What's the third switch by the bridge on the original that isn't on the DL1?

No idea, probably something to do with the roland or piezo. I'm not sure how it's wired up.

Both knobs are for the FF (stab and comp). One switch is FF on/off, and the other is phaser on/off. (the phaser's speed control is internal)

Cool, fair do. I still think there should be a knob for phaser speed on the front of the guitar. Surely being able to change it whenever you wanted would be more practical and would open up some pretty interesting options. But hey, I don't build them :rolleyes:

Cool, fair do. I still think there should be a knob for phaser speed on the front of the guitar. Surely being able to change it whenever you wanted would be more practical and would open up some pretty interesting options. But hey, I don't build them :rolleyes:

Don't know how the productions will be (this I'm very interested to see how they do) but on the original there are holes in the back to allow quick access to the trimpots for phaser speed and other three FF knobs (volume, toan, and Bellz0r)

Phaser on/off and FF normal/twisty mode

Did the original delorean have a pickup switch? I only see a kill switch...or was it wired up a strange way so the neck pickup was only on with the piezo or something?

Manson_Delorean_showcase.jpg

Phill, have you had a thought about those...things? No problem either way - just wondering

The piezo and midi pickups just have volume controls. They are always on when the guitar is plugged in. That little switch by the bridge is the PUS.

I assume the motherbucker and P90 don't blend well so there's no middle option.

I forgot all about that James. I'll dig 'em out and send you a pic.

So the two knobs are both for the FF, but the two switches are for FF and Phaser? Slightly confusing :$

What's the third switch by the bridge on the original that isn't on the DL1?

i'm guessing the black toggle is pickup selector, that's how i wired mine, DL1 has a bigger toggle switch

I think the phaser speed must be on the front, I had a version of PIB from 2001 maybe 02 from Italy and during the verse he was using the phaser to speed up the FF oscilation, That would of been awkward to do if the control was at the back of the guitar, but having said that my guitar mag from 2001 says its at the back :/

I think the phaser speed must be on the front, I had a version of PIB from 2001 maybe 02 from Italy and during the verse he was using the phaser to speed up the FF oscilation, That would of been awkward to do if the control was at the back of the guitar, but having said that my guitar mag from 2001 says its at the back :/

strange...anyone want to try to figure it out? :pope:

silverguts.jpg

I THINK I see it...the board on the back plate to the right of the fuzz factory appears to be the phase 90...there's a trim pot where the control knob would be, which means it IS internal...if I'm seeing correctly

strange...anyone want to try to figure it out? :pope:

silverguts.jpg

I THINK I see it...the board on the back plate to the right of the fuzz factory appears to be the phase 90...there's a trim pot where the control knob would be, which means it IS internal...if I'm seeing correctly

looks like the left one on the plate is the Piezo, then the FF trim pots, then the Phase

Fuck me, that guitar has got some wires.

Archived