Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

Jim, are you a gigolo? ;)

Where on earth are you getting those sums of money from at 16!? :LOL:

*raises hand* I know the answer to the first question!

I didn't have gear like that at 16. I had a few nice guitars at 18, but ended up selling pretty much all of them for something special ;) don't regret it at all.

*raises hand* I know the answer to the first question!

I didn't have gear like that at 16. I had a few nice guitars at 18, but ended up selling pretty much all of them for something special ;) don't regret it at all.

I know I've got this picture somewhere, so if I find it I will post my rig up from when I was 18/19 which was about a year after I started playing guitar

my rig at 16 was awesome, marlin stratocaster copy, a tiny samick that seemed to be permanently set to maximum gain and an awful zoom multifx. i even gigged with that bullshit haha

I know I've got this picture somewhere, so if I find it I will post my rig up from when I was 18/19 which was about a year after I started playing guitar

You got the chrome boy early on then! I started at 12 I think. I had a bit of an odd squier strat (actually more of a fender standard strat...not a bad guitar) and i can't even remember what amp. i think it may have been a 15 watt peavey solid state.

I still have my first "good" guitar (an SG junior) which I got at 14 for about $400, but it's unplayable at the moment.

my rig at 16 was awesome, marlin stratocaster copy, a tiny samick that seemed to be permanently set to maximum gain and an awful zoom multifx. i even gigged with that bullshit haha

didn't you have some weird ibanez RG at some point? maybe that was someone else. none of the gear i just mentioned got gigged as far as i remember, mainly because i wasn't good enough haha

+1 for the marlin, what ever happened to yours?

it's still in a guitar case at my parents house, complete with punk rock stickers and an awful mess of a humbucker installation i attempted myself. yours?

didn't you have some weird ibanez RG at some point? maybe that was someone else. none of the gear i just mentioned got gigged as far as i remember, mainly because i wasn't good enough haha

nah never had a ibanez! not being good enough never stopped me gigging but for the sake of the audience it should have.

it's still in a guitar case at my parents house, complete with punk rock stickers and an awful mess of a humbucker installation i attempted myself. yours?

Mine was a complete pile of wank. ended up selling the brick for £20 with one string on...

Wanted to smash the thing up... but that was too good for it...

i dont even consider it my "first" guitar it was so bad :facepalm:....

I really loved the proto, wonder if they'd be willing to sell it at some point? Surely they'll make a new proto that looks like what the actual guitar they're selling will...:LOL:

I was talking to tim stark at mansons like the day it (mb1) came out (I was the 6th person to play it apparently :wtf:) and he said they will always keep the proto cos theyre afraid of it being flogged for gazillions becous the serial is 0000001 or something. i popped in the other day to see the dl 1 and the mb1 prototype in a glass case spinning :erm: wooow i spoke to one guy who said peeps arnt alowed to play it anymore and then i talkd to tim and he said anyones allowed to play it... hmmmmm... confusing!! :confused:

I was talking to tim stark at mansons like the day it (mb1) came out (I was the 6th person to play it apparently :wtf:) and he said they will always keep the proto cos theyre afraid of it being flogged for gazillions becous the serial is 0000001 or something. i popped in the other day to see the dl 1 and the mb1 prototype in a glass case spinning :erm: wooow i spoke to one guy who said peeps arnt alowed to play it anymore and then i talkd to tim and he said anyones allowed to play it... hmmmmm... confusing!! :confused:

thats whats know in the trade as being fucked off!

He prolly meant noones allowed to play the DL1 which is true. Even the staff can't. And it was hanging up on the wall next to the red mb1 when I went down.

no he defo ment the mb1 coz i was pointing at it and he said no weve stopped people playing it now so i guess it was the mb1...

He prolly meant noones allowed to play the DL1 which is true. Even the staff can't. And it was hanging up on the wall next to the red mb1 when I went down.

Wait, I thought you just couldn't play it at the show because of the photographers and stuff?

no he defo ment the mb1 coz i was pointing at it and he said no weve stopped people playing it now so i guess it was the mb1...

if they were in the same glass case, they might have thought you were pointing at the other guitar

nope I was hoping to have a go when I picked up the mb1 but they said no one is allowed cause they need it in pristine condition for photos and just general looking good. Adrian was giving it a quick strum but yeah its pretty much off limits.

ok, but i think that it can only look better with some scratches and stuff. the finish on the original one when it was new was actually less perfect than the DL-1.

i'm interested in seeing what the production models look like. i'm assuming the top will be the same, but the paint is supposed to be a little different and it will have the neck P90

We prefer the term "male entertainers," Simno :LOL:

ok, but i think that it can only look better with some scratches and stuff. the finish on the original one when it was new was actually less perfect than the DL-1.

i'm interested in seeing what the production models look like. i'm assuming the top will be the same, but the paint is supposed to be a little different and it will have the neck P90

Can't wait to see either :D I just loved the way it looked at the guitar show because it reminds me of the Mirror Manson which is my favorite :happy: Almost wish they hadn't changed it up, but I'm sure it'll look great!

Hello there ;) For all who have pre order a DL-1, have you received an invoice for the deposit or not ? (sorry but I've pre order and I've nothing, just for knowing if it's OK ;))

As far as I know, no one has received one. They did send order confirmations out for the MB-1s, but not for the DL-1s (as of yet).

It should be ok, but if you sent your money and didn't hear anything back, I would call or email just to confirm.

As far as I know, no one has received one. They did send order confirmations out for the MB-1s, but not for the DL-1s (as of yet).

It should be ok, but if you sent your money and didn't hear anything back, I would call or email just to confirm.

Thank you for your answer ;) It's just for be sure, Tim confirm me my order and he've received my deposit, I've choose the pickup, well, it's OK ;) I WANT IT NOW !!!!!! :D

Ah fair enough...I remembered reading about how you weren't allowed to touch it at the Mansons Guitar Show because journalists were taking pictures and stuff but I thought they might have relaxed a bit more about it since or let someone do a proper review like the MB-1s...Tis cool though, just thought I'd ask :)

Archived