Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

yeah, it seems pretty unreasonable for people to be laying down deposits for a £3500 guitar that:

A) no one has even seen the final version of, and

B) no one has been allowed to play

You're probably right, but

A) as far as I know, the only real difference is the neck pickup being changed to a soapbar P90

B) can't argue with that I suppose, but it should be on par with the MB-1.

I'm not sure how many people will be bothered to be honest. More money than sense?

Also, Tim has told me that it's not first come first serve (and it apparently wasn't with the last MB-1 run). They're basically building them at the same time, and whoever pays first gets theirs first.

Or at least I think that's what he said. So I guess I won't be getting mine last if I pay early on?

That makes sense...I know they had the random serials to stop people knowing what order their guitar was built with, but I know some people on here still managed to figure it out from their place in the queue XD Maybe it's just a precaution thing on that but it makes sense I guess...It suits me regarding the MB1 assuming that'll be the same as I know I won't have the full amount paid until a week or two into October next year anyway, assuming I get one...So that makes sense anyway...

I've called up to ask about sending the rest sometime soon, and I asked about that. They haven't started yet, but are just about to it seems.

Still, it won't be quite as painful as the nine month wait for the MB-1....plus the extra 15 days in shipping, as I've already asked if I could use a different courier this time.

Those who have bought one...what specs did you go for? MBK3, twisty kaoss pad, and custom hardware here.

I've called up to ask about sending the rest sometime soon, and I asked about that. They haven't started yet, but are just about to it seems.

Still, it won't be quite as painful as the nine month wait for the MB-1....plus the extra 15 days in shipping, as I've already asked if I could use a different courier this time.

Those who have bought one...what specs did you go for? MBK3, twisty kaoss pad, and custom hardware here.

Oh, thank you, they'll probably wait for the next year now for beginning the manufacturing ;) I don't knowif they can take picture of the manufacturing...

So, you're waiting for an MB-1 too ? The next run will come soon ;) For me, if I can have one, this will be red glitter, MBK-2, not custom hardware and kaoss pad !!!! ;)

Oh, thank you, they'll probably wait for the next year now for beginning the manufacturing ;) I don't knowif they can take picture of the manufacturing...

So, you're waiting for an MB-1 too ? The next run will come soon ;) For me, if I can have one, this will be red glitter, MBK-2, not custom hardware and kaoss pad !!!! ;)

Yeah, probably. They don't take pictures as far as I know - they were too busy to take pictures of the completed guitars on the last MB-1 run even.

And no, I got mine the last run - same spec as what you mentioned :)

twisty kaoss pad = FF?

Yeah

Twisty_kaoss_pad.jpg

Yeah, probably. They don't take pictures as far as I know - they were too busy to take pictures of the completed guitars on the last MB-1 run even.

And no, I got mine the last run - same spec as what you mentioned :)

Yeah

Twisty_kaoss_pad.jpg

Oh I can understand, they'll be very busy, so some pictures will be very appreciated, it's my first signature ;)

You are a lucky man, I wish I could have mine at the next run ;)

• 3 weeks later...
A million lolz :D:D:D:D

The DL-1 does look sexy. I'd probably prefer it to the MB-1, I'd use the internal effects FF and Phase 90 much more than the Kaoss pad. Not that keen on the look though, think it looks a bit basic. (suppose the quoted picture applies to me...). Also, comparing it to the MB-1, is a P90 and Fuzz Factory worth (moneywise) more than an XY and a sustainer?

Waiting for an 007 replica though. That would be the beezkneez.

i think you should get the dl-1 the ff and phaser are well worth it because it doesnt get that complicated as far as tech goes and still delivers a fat and full muse sound :D

sent the wire for the rest of the guitar friday. bank account took a beating haha.

What was left to pay exactly? I got the same spec as you, and am going to pay soon as well...but...there wasn't an order confirmation this this time, so I don't know what the exact amount is.

The spec (custom hardware, MBK3, and FF) was £3574 including VAT, but I don't know what it was excluding VAT. I assume somewhere around £3000? (If I remember correctly about the MB-1)

for some reason when I sent the deposit wire only about 988 pounds went through. maybe 980, but anyway I owed 2,886.

I also never got a confirmation, he just asked me again on the phone to confirm my order then told me the amount.

for some reason when I sent the deposit wire only about 988 pounds went through. maybe 980, but anyway I owed 2,886.

I also never got a confirmation, he just asked me again on the phone to confirm my order then told me the amount.

Was the £2886 including VAT? And did you pay shipping at that time too?

according to the order confirmation for the MB-1, it was £3599 including VAT, and £3062.97 excluding. So I owed £2062.97 + the shipping costs.

Seeing as the DL-1 spec I went for is £3574 including VAT, I should owe roughly £2000 + shipping no?

3574-980= 2594 which is what I thought I'd owe.

Maybe he said 2,586 but i repeated number by number twice and sent an email saying I sent 2,890 and he was just like cheers.

No I didn't pay shipping. I'll ask about it when he gets the wire and money is in hand at the shop because last time not all of it got to them for some reason.

3574-980= 2594 which is what I thought I'd owe.

Maybe he said 2,586 but i repeated number by number twice and sent an email saying I sent 2,890 and he was just like cheers.

No I didn't pay shipping. I'll ask about it when he gets the wire and money is in hand at the shop because last time not all of it got to them for some reason.

I spoke to them a few hours ago about this, as it wasn't adding up.

I'm going to have to pay £2041 something + shipping, which is what I thought. I actually mentioned someone else in the US (you) sending a fair bit more than that, and he said he'd just noticed that and will be contacting you.

Also, apparently it's best if you pay before it's actually finished...or at least that's what I think he said. Probably will be sending the rest early spring (they should be done early summer).

james,

They emailed me today and I called also. Appreciate you giving them the heads up, they sent me and invoice and telling me I had a refund. I guess you'll get an invoice when you pay also.

Total Excluding VAT:£3041.70

Order Total:£3041.70

Delivery:£300.00 (Rough Estimate, to be paid upon despatch)

Total Including VAT & Delivery:£3341.70

Paid to date:£3866.00

Remaining balance:-£525

I guess since my address is Montgomery, at first glance they may have thought I was from the UK. Still though, I'm not sure where the 2,886 figure came in but whatever. I guess I have shipping paid for and can buy some more crap from them and whatever is left be refunded.

• 2 weeks later...
james,

They emailed me today and I called also. Appreciate you giving them the heads up, they sent me and invoice and telling me I had a refund. I guess you'll get an invoice when you pay also.

Total Excluding VAT:£3041.70

Order Total:£3041.70

Delivery:£300.00 (Rough Estimate, to be paid upon despatch)

Total Including VAT & Delivery:£3341.70

Paid to date:£3866.00

Remaining balance:-£525

I guess since my address is Montgomery, at first glance they may have thought I was from the UK. Still though, I'm not sure where the 2,886 figure came in but whatever. I guess I have shipping paid for and can buy some more crap from them and whatever is left be refunded.

Nice refund! That's a nice chunk of change on our end.

Archived