Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

When I spoke to them about a month back, they said they're just getting the ball rolling.

So it most likely would have started at this point.

It'll probably be early summer when they're finished. I don't know that for sure, but they did say 6-8 months for these.

So nice not having to wait for anything :happy:

But where's the fun in that? :ninja:

Can't wait to see what the proper DL-1s look like. I think the main differences were going to be a soapbar P90 neck pickup (like the original), dot inlays, and a different paint on the back/headstock.

But where's the fun in that? :ninja:

Can't wait to see what the proper DL-1s look like. I think the main differences were going to be a soapbar P90 neck pickup (like the original), dot inlays, and a different paint on the back/headstock.

Can't wait to see one either :$ Even though I don't really want one, it should look awesome. Might have to get one just because...it's the original Manson. I want one just for the fanboi of having both of Matt's sigs :LOL:

Anyway, those are what Tim said the changes would be

yeah waiting sucks.

This is about as custom as I'll get for a guitar. I've gotten rid of about everything because I had way to much crap. Now I just have a few quality items. Dr z amp, taylor custom GA granda pa guitar and someday the delorean. Right now though I'm playing my brothers 1980's les paul custom, It's such a sick guitar.

I may email them asking if I can get the phaser just for shits and giggles since I have all that extra money at their shop, but we'll see. The only other guitar I'd get maybe would be a gold strat or something. But I'm ready for the bellorzz fappage of opening my first manson. I've got one of Chris's picks so I can be super musey and see what song sprays out it the first time, may have to video tape it.

Can't wait to see one either :$ Even though I don't really want one, it should look awesome. Might have to get one just because...it's the original Manson. I want one just for the fanboi of having both of Matt's sigs :LOL:

Anyway, those are what Tim said the changes would be

rust_relic wins though. He actually has one of Matt's Mansons, as well as an MB-1 and soon a DL-1.

I will still have three MoCs like rust_relic though, just one isn't a signature or previously owned by Matt....it's still a very special guitar though.

And there was one other change I forgot - no forearm contour.

Olly, what did you have in mind? ;) any photoshops?

I was going to have Hugh build that E shape I wanted, but since I changed the spec a fair bit, and already discussed it with Tim...I asked if he could do it. Waiting to hear back about the pricing at the moment.

Because its a signature model do you think the ff will be set same as matts delorean?

As in anyone know what internal settings are for his drive and gate?

they'd have to get the original and open it up to find out, but i doubt that they'd bother with something like that. BUT...with the FF equipped guitars i've got from them, it's always been a fairly loud cleaner setting.

probably something like this

volume: slightly louder than guitar signal

gate: 9 o clock? maybe a little lower

comp: on front of guitar

drive: maybe around 11 o clock

stab: on front of guitar

im getting a replica of matts silvermanson built at the moment from a friend on muselive. Im not sure whats gonna sound best with internal drive and gate... just wondered what they had set matts to as his does normally sound not to high pitched.

they'd have to get the original and open it up to find out, but i doubt that they'd bother with something like that. BUT...with the FF equipped guitars i've got from them, it's always been a fairly loud cleaner setting.

probably something like this

volume: slightly louder than guitar signal

gate: 9 o clock? maybe a little lower

comp: on front of guitar

drive: maybe around 11 o clock

stab: on front of guitar

I've been wondering, is the inbuilt FF useful at all as a normal drive/fuzz? I.e. can you make it not squeal? I'd like to be able to do PiB squeals for the lulz but be able to use the thing at least somewhat practically

Or am I mad?

I've been wondering, is the inbuilt FF useful at all as a normal drive/fuzz? I.e. can you make it not squeal? I'd like to be able to do PiB squeals for the lulz but be able to use the thing at least somewhat practically

Or am I mad?

Stab

Right- Attack

Left- Muffled

Comp

Left- Attack

Right- Muffled

To get rid of the squeals, you turn the stability all the way to the right- then it can't squeal. You can then change the clarity of the tone with the comp. Or you can do it vice versa- the comp, at about 3:30, cuts the squeals too (but when creating any noise from the guitar that isn't tuneful (ie rubbing your hand over the strings) the squeals are evident). Of course, once comp is turned all the way to the right, it pinches the tone and is really weird (really horrible sound, you wouldn't use it for normal playing). With comp to the right, the tone is controlled with the stab- doing it this way you can get much larger tone ranges, but the squeals are still slightly evident.

Stab

Right- Attack

Left- Muffled

Comp

Left- Attack

Right- Muffled

To get rid of the squeals, you turn the stability all the way to the right- then it can't squeal. You can then change the clarity of the tone with the comp. Or you can do it vice versa- the comp, at about 3:30, cuts the squeals too (but when creating any noise from the guitar that isn't tuneful (ie rubbing your hand over the strings) the squeals are evident). Of course, once comp is turned all the way to the right, it pinches the tone and is really weird (really horrible sound, you wouldn't use it for normal playing). With comp to the right, the tone is controlled with the stab- doing it this way you can get much larger tone ranges, but the squeals are still slightly evident.

Aha, got it. Thanks!

The DL-1 with fuzz only will have the two knobs below the bridge (stab and comp for FF) with on/off mini toggle, and two more knobs for volume and tone.

I can't remember how the original delorean is setup... the two knobs below the bridge are for the FF, and I THINK the three smaller knobs near the output jack are tone, piezo volume, and phaser? maybe musecasters knows.

Speaking of the Roland, I was thinking about that recently. I was watching a video with it on YouTube (I think it was the MB-1/Parker Fly review, the latter of which has it) and I didn't realise just how versatile it was, replicating sounds from brass instruments, wind instruments, key instruments, percussion instruments even...Pretty cool...I assume that the effects themselves are made by the external thing that the pickup is connected to, but I don't know what that is...But can that only be achieved with that Roland MIDI pickup, or are there effects pedals and stuff without it that can do it on their own?

Speaking of the Roland, I was thinking about that recently. I was watching a video with it on YouTube (I think it was the MB-1/Parker Fly review, the latter of which has it) and I didn't realise just how versatile it was, replicating sounds from brass instruments, wind instruments, key instruments, percussion instruments even...Pretty cool...I assume that the effects themselves are made by the external thing that the pickup is connected to, but I don't know what that is...But can that only be achieved with that Roland MIDI pickup, or are there effects pedals and stuff without it that can do it on their own?

Yeah, they are made by the external roland pedal board. Matt used the VG-8 I think.

I'm not sure if there are individual pedals which can do the same thing if that's what you mean. I've never seen pedals that can emulate the sounds of a trumpet though...I'll never be able to play darkshines I guess :(

Archived