Which songs you revalued after seen live?

RedStar

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was compelled to post here after the show the other night! :LOL:

I think in general I love EVERY song they played even more now after finally hearing it live. But I've gotta say that I think Citizen Erased has bumped up from #3 or 4 on my favorites list to the top spot after hearing it Sunday night <3

Also, I wasn't expecting it, but USoE is pretty amazing live! :eek: "Be only oneeeeeeee!" gave me chills... such an explosion of sound!

And Hysteria and MotP too! Incredible! :yesey: Actually I could probably keep listing them :LOL: Like I said, I really think I "appreciate" ALL the songs they played a lot more after hearing them in person! :)

This!

Citizen Erased has moved from about #7 to #1 or #2. . . It was just so epic on Sunday! :D

I always like United States of Eurasia was 10 times better live. I think it was more emotional and it was simpler. :awesome:

I've liked MotP for a while, but I never really considered it one of my "favorite" songs until I saw it Sunday. It was lots of fun live.

Stockholm Syndrome is just so awesome live, even more than the album version. :awesome:

• 4 weeks later...

MK Ultra and Unnatural Selection

I liked TR but I had doubts about how songs off of it would be live. These two songs blew me away, more than any other song off TR. The little tease Matt did for MK in April @ Oakland made me :D. US just turned out a lot better than I imagined it would be.

As for all stuff off BH&R and before, I think I've watched so many videos that it's somewhat hard to say I re-evaluated any of them, except for maybe KoC.

Probably Starlight for me. I've always loved the song but when I saw it performed live at Newark, it was amazing! And the part when the audience sang, "Black Holes and Revalations" just gave me the biggest chills. When I listen to the bootleg, it's mind blowing to hear 12,000+ (including me!) people singing together! I can only imagine how Starlight sounds with over 50,000 people over in Europe! :happy:

There have been many songs initially I was unsure about until seeing them played live - always best not to judge a Muse song until you have heard it live.

I was totally unsure about Exogensis ... (I think only ever playing part 1 is best)

first saw them play this as song 1 of encore in 2009 during UK leg of the resistance tour. Graphics on the three podiums were brilliant and suddenly the song felt properly like Muse ... over the top and utterly brilliant.

Then I saw it at Wembley Stadium and was unsure again :stunned: still not quite sure if 'Bernie the UFO' works or not...

Definately Resistance for me, seeing that at Wembley with the freaky yet awesome long intro (which I know is a classical peice but I forgot its name)

Usually I skip Resistance on the album, but its a hell of a track live :)

Oh, also Stockholm Syndrome... The album version seems pretty stale to me but live with all the different bits Matt puts in the guitar (awesome high notes in the chorus ect) and the general power of the song make it mindblowing live :happy:

Citizen Erased - Holyshit. I never payed much attention to it until I got obscenely lucky and got to see it live at the Prudential Center. It's a beautiful song.

USoE - I loved this song before hearing it live, but didn't expect it to be so empowering live. It seemed like the climax of the concert for me.

Starlight - It used to annoy me how most novice Muse fans would only have Starlight. I considered it very overrated until hearing it live. My mind was blown.

Time is Running Out - Same as Starlight. I thought it was massively overrated. Once I heard the deep bass line kick in live, I fell in love.

Citizen Erased - Holyshit. I never payed much attention to it until I got obscenely lucky and got to see it live at the Prudential Center. It's a beautiful song.

USoE - I loved this song before hearing it live, but didn't expect it to be so empowering live. It seemed like the climax of the concert for me.

Starlight - It used to annoy me how most novice Muse fans would only have Starlight. I considered it very overrated until hearing it live. My mind was blown.

Time is Running Out - Same as Starlight. I thought it was massively overrated. Once I heard the deep bass line kick in live, I fell in love.

Son, I am disappoint. How did you not pay much attention to it?! Glad you finally know how brilliant it is now ;)

Archived