Which songs you revalued after seen live?

RedStar

well, it could sound strange, but for me they were....

assassin

supermassive

hoodoo

knights

microcuts

blackout

usoe

Motivations would be good. Did they all become better after seeing them live? What did you think about them before you saw them live?

Motivations would be good. Did they all become better after seeing them live? What did you think about them before you saw them live?

look, for example supermassive sounded too much like a strange pop song to me on album, but live it is real powerful. I considered blackout boring on album, but live the guitar crushed the air. and I couldn't define hoodoo either, till I lived the passion in matthew's voice.

Few for me..

I never really got into Uprising, i don't know why it just didn't grab me as much as other songs off TR, but live it is absolutely pheonominal..

Starlight i always found pretty good album wise, and it only got better live.

Guiding Light, probably the worst song off TR, once again amazing and great fun live :p]

Lastly Stockholm Syndrome, seen it twice now, first time i heard it i felt it was an immense let down, it got slightly better the second time, but still not great. I would happily have it permantly replaced by US next tour

I actually thought they were just one of my "oh yeah they're pretty good" bands - not my favorite but not something I never listen to, either, until I heard on the radio that they were having a concert on my birthday in 2007. So I thought, hey it's on my birthday, I like them, tickets are cheap, might as well go!

After that they became my favorite band. Everything is way better live.

I didn't really like Guiding Light and USoE until I heard them live. They're pretty damn powerful when sung by 80,000 people at once.

I belong to you is still equally bad tho. ^^

Also, agree on TiRO. The Album version is boring, the live one not so much.

Never seen them live as there's no way I could afford it and my area gets only 14-song pop gigs anyway. As for re-evaluating songs after hearing them on bootlegs/live albums:

Dead Star, Micro Cuts, Sunburn, Showbiz, Megalomania, Agitated, Hyper Music, Screenager - Hullabaloo

The Small Print - Montreux

Ruled By Secrecy, Thoughts of a Dying Atheist - Absolution Tour

Take a Bow, New Born, Apocalypse Please - H.A.A.R.P

All in a more positive light.

Archived