lol, they have WTF in the name of the band WesTliFe

:LOL: :LOL:

Back to topic ->

My reaction:

:stunned:

:eek:

:mad:

:LOL::LOL:

My sister was a fan of Westlife and I have seen them once in concert with her but I had NO idea they still exist :LOL:

I'd never heard of them either. We have our own wretched boybands here in the U.S. But it looks like I've not missed out on anything!

You haven't missed anything out! You can keep on living your life worriless :LOL:

I bet the Rage Against The Machine fans get heartburn every time Bellamy riffs out...or Bob Dylan fans too.

Yeah totally.....

even though he only uses slight riffs, not entire songs, during their show....but same thing right? :) Gimme some pepto for that nonsense.

Yeah totally.....

even though he only uses slight riffs, not entire songs, during their show....but same thing right? :) Gimme some pepto for that nonsense.

Point stands. Every artist "borrows" stuff from others at some point. There's no point at any time ever of getting upset or worked up about it. It's a non-event and I'm surprised that Muse fans feel the need to even give it a passing mention.

Point stands. Every artist "borrows" stuff from others at some point. There's no point at any time ever of getting upset or worked up about it. It's a non-event and I'm surprised that Muse fans feel the need to even give it a passing mention.

I just said it gave me heartburn, I didn't spew some nonsense about how it was a travesty against Muse who are far superior and that nonsense. Just trying to funny. :p

• 3 weeks later...
:LOL:

Actually, I didn't mind it until they started singing. I lasted about 10 seconds then.

Well I think it should serve as a good warning to everyone, especially Muse, of the dangers of replacing strings with synths. Doing it wrong sounds terrible.

To be completely fair, it does improve after the first 15 seconds or so. It no longer makes bowel surgery in the forest with a pine cone look preferable.

The majesty of "Exogenesis" is impervious to even this. It's fucking Westlife-proof.

I get the feeling that going to a Westlife concert would be a bit like hearing 20 - 25 slightly different iterations of "Starlight," and if they ever did a decent cover of "Starlight," it'd be a lot more disturbing in its implications than an instrumental of Exo I.

Yeah but it's Westlife init.

Archived