Will muse ever go back to guitar driven music as opposed to synth orientated music?

henners

I really hope we get the old Muse back... but they could go either way.

Unfortunately, after seeing Matt wear metallic suits, even complete with lights, and Dom wearing skin tight shirts and a helmet (to gigs)... they seem to be heading in a Space-like freakshow direction. Hopefully they haven't cracked, and this is just for the whole "1984" theme. But their music is starting to sound like that too... robotic dance tracks.

I'm praying that this is just a "Let's try something different" phase... and we'll get a killer Origin of Symmetry/Absolution sound for the next album.

At the moment, Chris is probably my favorite member. I know Matt is a great musician and all, but Chris is keeping his cool. Like all the time (unless he's drunk, which doesn't really happen anymore). He clearly doesn't want to have flashy concerts and wear Lady Gaga-esque outfits, he wants to stay down-to-earth and play with passion rather than put on a overly-grand show.

Maybe he can convince the others to go back to their roots in some way, or at least shy away from songs like NSC.

Also, Chris doesn't seem to like Twilight. :happy:

TR is just as experimental as BHaR imo. Things like Exogenesis were ideas they came up with before BHaR anyway, but a lot of TR does feel like a higher quality extension of BHaR.

I don't get that though, far less progressiveness, whatever that means anyway....more strophic, less of those little fills that would be different every gig, and less of the spine chilling.

At the moment, Chris is probably my favorite member. I know Matt is a great musician and all, but Chris is keeping his cool. Like all the time (unless he's drunk, which doesn't really happen anymore). He clearly doesn't want to have flashy concerts and wear Lady Gaga-esque outfits, he wants to stay down-to-earth and play with passion rather than put on a overly-grand show.

Maybe he can convince the others to go back to their roots in some way, or at least shy away from songs like NSC.

Also, Chris doesn't seem to like Twilight. :happy:

Yeah, Matt's kinda creeping me out right now. And Dom seems to be following in his footsteps, unfortunately.

And do any of them like twilight? They always seem so brusque when people ask them about it.

And do any of them like twilight? They always seem so brusque when people ask them about it.

3 men in their 30's liking Twilight?

The worst thing about Twilight is they are like what Muse fans in 2001 looked like when it was actually cool to be a miserable little shit and wear black and dye hair badly.

the guitar starts after the first chorus...so everything before that doesn't have any guitar.

which part of it has any synth? :stunned:

There's not much going on anyway for that first half of the song, but there's no less guitar in it compared to Bliss overall tbh.

Synths are doing appreggios when the distorted guitar kicks in, the "blacks hole & revolutions" there two synths, one again doing appregios and another string/pad sound with amp modulation...

Actually it could be argued that Chris' bass sound in that song is actually a synth sound because of how the Boss OC2 works...

Archived